Starpery.com

Anyone know how to pop the wrist back into the socket on a 2022 Starpery 169-C silicone?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
DBastard
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Anyone know how to pop the wrist back into the socket on a 2022 Starpery 169-C silicone?

Post by DBastard »

Examining, it doesn't seem broken - clean ball, clean socket, no bits floating around the joint. It just popped out, and even that's overstating it; basically I stood her against the wall and her wrist went slack. I never heard or felt the actual pop.

I just can't figure out the angle to get it out the way it came back in, and I'd prefer not to open the wrist if I don't have to. What they'd call a closed reduction at the ER, if I wouldn't get funny looks wheeling her in.

Many thanks,
DB
Socket, wrist
Socket, wrist
IMG_0745-2.jpg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 200 times
Ball, wrist
Ball, wrist
IMG_0746-2.jpg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 200 times
Poor man's x-ray (PMX), ball, wrist
Poor man's x-ray (PMX), ball, wrist
IMG_0744.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 200 times
PMX, socket, wrist
PMX, socket, wrist
IMG_0743.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 200 times
PMX, wrist separation
PMX, wrist separation
IMG_0742.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 200 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Anyone know how to pop the wrist back into the socket on a 2022 Starpery 169-C silicone?

Post by seagull »

Wow! Xray by strong light :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

toddjy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Anyone know how to pop the wrist back into the socket on a 2022 Starpery 169-C silicone?

Post by toddjy »

Maybe there's an image of their skeleton in this thread. Don't know why this hasn't been made a sticky. Really, each manufacturer should have a sticky featuring images of their various skeleton iterations on their groups.

viewtopic.php?t=131075

DBastard
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by DBastard »

toddjy wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:28 pm Maybe there's an image of their skeleton in this thread. Don't know why this hasn't been made a sticky. Really, each manufacturer should have a sticky featuring images of their various skeleton iterations on their groups.
viewtopic.php?t=131075
Ah, thanks for that - I actually need that for an older WM I've got.

For this one, it's pretty straightforward - ball and split socket that would probably pop together easily if it was, you know, still outside her body :-D

I was hoping there was maybe a trick to it that someone knows...I've tried a couple of different angles and brute force, but I don't want to break anything in the hand, and it feels like I have to back off to avoid that before exerting enough force to force the socket open enough to get the ball back in.

Worse comes to worse a small slit to get the joint exposed and a couple of mallet taps will do it, I guess, and then seal her back up.

JRG

Post by JRG »

Small hole and endoscope?

INFORMATIONS