www.yourdoll.com

clothes for all size dolls?

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
kingjulian655
Apprentice
Apprentice

clothes for all size dolls?

Post by kingjulian655 »

anyone know good sites for clothes for all doll sizes?

tokyo
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: clothes for all size dolls?

Post by tokyo »

aliexpress, amazon or something esle

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

What's your fashion goal and how much are you willing to invest?
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Fetish in the shed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Fetish in the shed »

I have found my wifes australian size 8 fits my Zelex 170 C a treat. No alterations needed.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

kingjulian655 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:47 pm anyone know good sites for clothes for all doll sizes?
This is a common question, perhaps this will help.

First you need to decide what human sized clothes will fit on your doll.
Since your doll is a scaled down version of a human, typical clothes might fit oddly.
A trip to a local thrift store or such can fix that. Make sure they accept returns.
Get some stuff to test for size, not necessarily to keep.

Get some women's small and X-small short sleeve and sleeveless tops.
Also some short in 0 or 00 and perhaps jeans to test.
Then some kids (girls) tops in size 6, 8 and 10.
Also kids (girls) bottoms or shorts from size 5 to 8.

Take them home and try them on your doll.
Return the ones you don't like. :)
When done you will have a good idea of what human size clothes should work with your doll.
Use those sizes and your doll measurements to assist you in ordering items online.

Sources like Amazon are good for some stuff. SHEIN has various items with a good return policy and decent prices.
For any of them probably small, x-small or kids sizes.

If you are going for super sexy outfits, dresses, cosplay or the rest there are niche places out there that have them in doll sizes.
Some members have even had clothes custom tailored for their doll to get exactly what they want.
But once you start getting into those areas, prices really get high.

Just my two cents.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

The only thing I would add to Wheezer's post is that I'd recommend that you buy a cloth measuring tape and measure your doll. Then, you can compare the size charts on webstores to your doll's actual measurements. This diagram omits the underbust, but that's a critical measurement to compare to the bust in order to determine cup size:

Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to the H2K Ranch

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Rock's comments are spot on about measuring the actual sizes of your doll key body parts.

No matter what size an online store lists for an item, check the actual target measurement of the clothing item.
In the weird world of woman's clothes sizes the terms small, medium and large are vague and relative. Only actual measurements count.
Plus as many women have gotten more ...er... "rotund" , the size ranges for some clothing has expanded along with them. :)
So measurements are a great help.

You can also do minor adjustments if the item is not absolutely perfect on your doll.
If a top is a bit too loose, you can bunch up the excess in the back and hold it with a hair tie. Real girls go this.
Likewise if a dress does not cinch well in the waist, you can use a belt or an elastic headband as a belt to bring it in. Real girls do that also.

Hope it helps.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Yeah, it's always a good idea to take your own measurements and keep in mind, size charts tend to vary somewhat between manufacturers. One guy's small is another guy's medium sometimes. Also keep in mind that size charts are designed around average human proportions, something few dolls have. So, going to be a bit of trial and error involved.

That said, my go to for dolls clothes is swap.com and eBay.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Also, look for charts like many webstores have that have categories for "Runs small, Fits about right, Runs Large" and check the percentages that each of those categories scored from previous buyers. Sometimes, you have to rely on your gut and good ol' Kentucky windage because often what many Asian and Indo-Pacific manufacturers think is an "S" might be an "XS" in the Americas and Europe. So, if you're considering a purchase and your doll normally wears "XS/0-2" but the majority of reviewers reported that the garment "Runs Small" then you should consider bumping up to their "S/2-4".

Link to the H2K Ranch

Substantial_Coat6960
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Substantial_Coat6960 »

Hi, I don’t know what kind of clothes you are looking for. For bras, I suggest you go to Amazon. For ordinary clothes, I suggest you buy light-colored ones. After all, they are easy to stain after being worn for a long time. Of course, if you are just looking for ordinary sexy cheap pajamas, Many doll stores sell matching sets, and you can also ask for them directly from the store, like this set of clothes
The store sells it for $49. I asked the seller if I could give it away, and they readily agreed, lol.
Last edited by Kite on Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Website removed. Non approved vendor.

YenneferofVengerberg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by YenneferofVengerberg »

SHEIN has lots of stuff in XS, and great prices. Just put in an order while I am waiting on my first doll to arrive! Getting excited!!

Side note: Went with mostly light colors and white as I am a new to dolls, but plan on using the G&K Craft Retayne Color Fixative for darker stuff.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

YenneferofVengerberg wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:52 pm SHEIN has lots of stuff in XS, and great prices. Just put in an order while I am waiting on my first doll to arrive! Getting excited!!

Side note: Went with mostly light colors and white as I am a new to dolls, but plan on using the G&K Craft Retayne Color Fixative for darker stuff.
STRONG SUGGESTION

Don't get too many clothes before your doll arrives.
It is a natural tendency but can sometimes be a costly mistake.
Once you actually have her you can see what fits on her body, looks good and meets your needs (kink?)

Luckily SHEIN has a good return policy.

Enjoy your new beauty.
Cheers!
... W ...

INFORMATIONS