sexyrealsexdolls.com

Do costume/cosplay wigs for people fit on dolls?

Wigs, replacement eyebrows and eyelashes, and other hair related items.
Fakechestfuckbest
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do costume/cosplay wigs for people fit on dolls?

Post by Fakechestfuckbest »

Sorry if the phrasing there is terrible, what I mean is, can a full adult-sized doll wear a regular wig for human people, or is there a significant size difference? I'm getting into dolls for the first time and was wondering if most of you guys typically order wigs from doll sites or if you can just buy regular wigs off amazon, etsy, etc. Do you have to edit/cut/glue the wigs or are they usable as they are after unboxing? Thanks in advance for your replies.

FastEddie68

Re: Do costume/cosplay wigs for people fot on dolls?

Post by FastEddie68 »

Doll heads are generally in proportion to the body, so small 148cm doll small head adult wigs will be little bit too big.. 165+cm doll are fine. Wigs do have adjustment straps to tighten the actual cap but smaller dolls are still loose not terrible but far more likely to fall of if moving the doll.

poppy70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Do costume/cosplay wigs for people fit on dolls?

Post by poppy70 »

If you can find small cap sizes on wigs, they will fit much better on dolls heads.
As said, regular wigs can be adjusted with the straps to stay on the head.
They will be a bit loose at the back of the head, but still look okay.

A wig cap may prevent the wig from falling off, but with TPE the wig cap should be a light colour.

Jo
Poppys girls
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
click on image to go to their thread

Fakechestfuckbest
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Do costume/cosplay wigs for people fot on dolls?

FastEddie68 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:02 pm Doll heads are generally in proportion to the body, so small 148cm doll small head adult wigs will be little bit too big.. 165+cm doll are fine. Wigs do have adjustment straps to tighten the actual cap but smaller dolls are still loose not terrible but far more likely to fall of if moving the doll.
The one I'm looking at will be 165cm, so yes! Thank you for your help!

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

I'd say about half of the wigs I own I bought from Amazon or Spirit (The Halloween store). They are often a little loose on my 150cm doll, but with my 168cm doll they fit just fine. Costume/cosplay wigs should do just fine on most adult sized dolls, and are often way cheaper than specialty wigs.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Yeah some are a little big, but it's not too noticeable and they do adjust. Be aware though, some cheap costume wigs can stain as can the webbing the hair is attached to. Wig caps do help.

Fakechestfuckbest
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks to you all for commenting, you've been very helpful and I appreciate it. From what I read here, gonna snag a wig cap with the wig, but sounds like the 165cm doll should be fine.

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

I've found that wigs off of Shein tend to run a little smaller than wigs off places like Amazon.
---
DocWen
Never give up! Never surrender! - Jason Nesmith
Proud companion of Etsuko (MLW 148b) and Anjelica (XT Doll 163F)
Previous companion of SE Doll 151e, WM 157b, Piper Doll Phoebe, Piper Doll Phoebe Elf, another WM 157b, Zelex 155c, Happy Doll Dagmar and a few others I don't recall.

INFORMATIONS