www.wmdolls.com

common to be drawn to sd's when you're nd/traumatized/lgbt?

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
Philodendron8
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: common to be drawn to sd's when you're nd/traumatized/lgbt?

Post by Philodendron8 »

All three here. People are really stressful for me to deal with after everything, but I still want some feeling of connection and/or intimacy.

I hadn't really looked into SDs until recently, but by the way a weighted blanket or surrounding myself with lots of pillows and plushies feels when it's time to sleep, I can say that it's the just about first thing I thought of when I found out about them.

No complex situations attached, no getting my heart broken, no strange looks or comments if I have a nightmare and wake up with a start, just a nice, peaceful time cuddling. The thought reduces a lot of my anxiety around feeling lonely, but also being terrified of other people and staying alone because of it and while I work on my issues.

Oh! And if I wanted to, I could have the doll modelled after a fictional character I really like, as mentioned. It seems wonderful to me.

carbohvdrates

Re: common to be drawn to sd's when you're nd/traumatized/lgbt?

Post by carbohvdrates »

I don't like copping to "trauma" since it's basically childhood things I don't remember, but sure, I also tick all three boxes. I expect this is a hobby that especially easily lends itself to neurodivergent leaning folks from all the social norms it flouts.

It's not that all doll owners are ND, just that ND people could more easily fall into it for reasons discussed.
Workshop of Work in Progress:
Too many BJDs
Ava: WM-163C (Eva Elfie)
Violet: IT-175D + WM-266

Please don't reply to my posts with doomerism, pill, or incel talking points anymore. It makes the wigs tangle.

INFORMATIONS