www.6yedollglobal.com/

skin tone options/variation help

6Ye is an all time ready & customer-centric team offering beautiful, realistic and soulful looking sex dolls. Our hand-crafted dolls are a piece of art for us. We have been in the business over 4 years, serving customers all over the world. We do not handle retail sales. Please feel free to inquire for our dolls, then purchase from our authorized resellers.
ppjdog765

skin tone options/variation help

Post by ppjdog765 »

Trying to pick a skin tone and struggling between natural and tanned.

I gathered some factory photos from this site:
https://www.sexdolls-factory-pictures.com/

And created the attached side by side comparison (they only have Tan, "White" or "Cocoa")

6YE, however, has 4 skintone options; White, Natural, Tanned or Black.

see the attached skin-tone picture.

I'm sure lighting plays a large part in my confusion, any help, site link, experience, etc. would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------

Did you get the color you expected?

Do you like the color you got?

Do you think it looks realistic?

Would you have chosen a different color?

Do they mix their colors by eye? or is the lighting in the pictures the reason for the variation?
Attachments
SexdollsFactoryPics.jpg
SexdollsFactoryPics.jpg (929.41 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
1-skin tone.png
1-skin tone.png (158.64 KiB) Viewed 1386 times

Leaf

Re: skin tone options/variation help

Post by Leaf »

You can extract 'some' tenuous info out of factory photos, but only if you know exactly what a cheap digital camera set to fully automatic does exactly when shooting a photo. It's not about lighting, it's about a camera user expecting a camera with no brains to figure out what it's supposed to be photographing without giving it any info.

For example, leftmost 'tan' has a window directly behind the doll. The bright light of the window hits the sensor, the automatic exposure algorithm thinks "oh, so many photocells are reporting 100% overdrive there, I must turn my light sensitivity down until they're some variety in that area!" and hence turn the entire image including the doll's skin darker just to get some detail on that windowframe.

In the rightmost 'tan' shot, the entire doll's body is shaded, and all the objects in the background are white and illuminated. Again, the camera that has no clue what it's photographing and wasn't told shit by its user goes "oh, I can't overexpose all those bright areas in my picture (the background, of which it doesn't know that it's background), I must extract all the detail out of that brightness!" and turns its light sensitivity down a lot, making the doll darker.

Only in the middle 'Tan' image is the dolls skina ctually directly lit, and the camera has some information on what is bright (the place she's sitting on), and it has some area that tell it what is black (her hair). It is the only photo of the three that even has a chance of a camera on automatic getting exposure even only in the ballpark of realistic.

Then there's color temperature and/or tint, which a camera on auto can only set right if there are many different colors in the image, so that it has any information within the picture of what colors it is actually seeing. There aren't many diverse colors on those images, leading to some images being very warm (orange tint), and some being very cold (blue tint). That tint can easily change a tan skin color into pink, which makes it extra confusing for factories actually offering a pink skin tone. You can be happy that 6ye only offer 4 tones, since with Jinsan's 7 skin tones, the chaos is /insufferable/. It's the reason I didn't get a WM. I had no clue whatsoever what I'd be getting.

Even with a lot of experience, most of these photos do not remotely contain enough information in the picture for even a human to correct them in post, so a dumb camera CPU would have absolutely no means to get it right in first place.

You can most reliably find out what the skin colors actually are if the factory you're ordering with has very consistent and professional product photography showing the same skin tones in consistently the same color on all photoshoots - a discipline in which 6ye unfortunately also isn't very good at, but they're also not the worst offender :( - or you can try to find photos by users that either contain a lot of colorful reference objects of varying brightness next to the doll in all kinds of colors and white and black that look correctly lit, such as this:

... or photos for which someone did exposure and white-balance with an 18% greycard (costs 10$. It's a card. Which is grey. Single-handedly solves all issues with light and color in photography.). You can see that on this one:

(This 10$ greycard is also the secret weapon by which product photographers can produce consistent skin tones across all their shoots regardless of lighting, hence why you can judge whether one of these was used by looking at the consistency of their product photos - if they're consistent, they're having a pro product photographer and most images will be representative of what you get, if not, they're having a crap product photographer and all their images are unreliable at best, misleading at worst. Factory images are taken by workers with smartphones and are hence all unreliable by default.)

Since HR (the brand of the doll on these picures) are made in 6YE's factory and using their TPE and the same color names, it is plausible that they also simply are the same skin tones, and these shots might also be representative of what 6YE's 'natural' looks like.

Another way to get a much better idea would be to find a vendor in your region (is a person who has a skin tone you know and can identify) who has all of 6YE's dolls and makes a professional video with himself in it as a skin tone reference. Here's one of a german WM-doll vendor:
https://www.dollpark.com/mediathek/doll ... uppen.html
unfortunately, I have found no TDF-approved vendor during my research doing anything remotely like this to help their customers, nor have I found anyone doing this for 6YE dolls. :(

ppjdog765

Post by ppjdog765 »

Thank you for taking the time to explain proper photography. It seems like this might annoy you as much or more than it does me.

I am not a pro, but I am familiar with the techniques you discuss.

Maybe I could have been more specific. I am not as concerned about color accuracy as I am about relative comparison, which would only require that products be photographed in similar conditions with the same low budget camera (if they took the factory pictures in the same position, at the same time of day, windows, room lighting etc).

Your understanding and methods would definitely greatly improve the quality of their product photography, and they should consider any low cost solution to improve their media. I'm sure many of us would appreciate better overall product media.

As it is we are all stuck with what is available on the net to make these decisions and I'm just looking for anything to help make mine.

Best.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Photos can be tough....
I had a person who ordered a natural doll
I had one in Florida at that time
I sent the order in to Eddie and said natural like this picture
Eddie was on his a game and said, the doll was sunny tan.
Very impressive IMHO
I replied, thank you, but even though the doll USED in the photos was sunny tan, in the pictures she looked natural.
Lighting can throw things off
Luckily, for me, I could easily compare the photo to the doll I had in my house and see it with my own eyes.
Best,
Jeff
Attachments
6yedoll-premium-158cm-a-cup-lovedoll-sex-silicone-doll-19-346x519.jpg
6yedoll-premium-158cm-a-cup-lovedoll-sex-silicone-doll-19-346x519.jpg (17.44 KiB) Viewed 1235 times

3dprinteddoll

Post by 3dprinteddoll »

Does anyone seen or own factory or homemade photos of white skin color 6ye doll?

It this actually snow white, like in some brands, or it is white by name, and has some significant skin tone tint?

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Hi,
Pretty snow white when I had this color doll in Florida

LingerieCollector
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by LingerieCollector »

I own a "natural" skin tone 6YE.
I can tell you that it is quite orange (not natural at all).
I can't comment on the other skin tones as i have not seen them in person.
Photos are not reliable as you have discovered.

Ungovernable1

Post by Ungovernable1 »

I wish there was a color between tan and cocoa, a dark tan but not all the way into cocoa.

INFORMATIONS