funwestdoll.com

My First Doll, FunWest Bella

Funwest Doll Products are created for fun, made to be super realistic, cuddled to fulfill your fantasy. As a manufacturer, Funwest Doll is dedicated to working with doll resellers as a wholesale supplier. We welcome and keep exploring the partnership with the local resellers worldwide. Website: http://www.funwestdoll.com
Khyber223
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: My First Doll, FunWest Bella

Post by Khyber223 »

Babel99 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:24 pm
A trick here ... for sure you sat her in the bath in a inch or two of water to clean her. But when you do, wash the blanket she comes in in the washing machine with hot water. Usually the blanket smell more than the doll itself and it transfer back the smell to the doll.

Also, recent blend of TPE have no smell at all ... and release no oil. The latest series of Starpery (Brooke in my signature) have no smell whatsoever. But don't sweat the smell too much, it will disapear within few days. Wash the doll and the blanket few times and it will be gone.

By the way you need to take pictures of her! Bella is gorgeous and there are not many picture of that doll around.
…is it bad that I haven’t washed her at all? When I got her out of the box, I inspected her from head to toe, and she was clean as a whistle, and she wasn’t funky smelling, so we basically just dressed her up and she’s been standing around since looking pretty. Never even thought about washing her first, because I assumed that oily residue will disappear eventually.

H_N_Franku

Post by H_N_Franku »

Khyber223 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:29 pm I am now extremely hesitant to put her in anything dark colored clothing, no matter how many times I wash them.
She looks like a very pretty doll, bruda. Nice choice.

It's too bad that she got stained so early. Dressing your doll takes a little more experimenting than most people expect. Good news though. The color isn't the problem, the material is.

Color fasted clothes (clothes that won't bleed) are always safe on dolls, even if they're black. Certain clothing materials are more color fasted than others. Clothes that aren't cheaply made are usually more color fasted than others. Once you find a material that doesn't stain, you're basically clear to get clothes of that same type. You just need to feel one example and you'll be set. For example, rayon and spandex clothes may not bleed unless it's really cheap. Once you feel what that non-bleeding fabric is like, all clothes that feel like that should be safe. You can test if clothes will bleed by submerging it in hot water and leaving it for 5 or 10 minutes. If you ring out the clothes and dye comes out, those clothes would've stained you doll. Keep ringing out that clothing dye until it's all out (may use dish soap to aid the process) and they might be safe.

Look up the techniques that quilters use to keep their quilts from bleeding. It's thanks to them that I know about products like Retayne.
Happy Humping

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

Khyber223 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:48 pm
Babel99 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:24 pm
A trick here ... for sure you sat her in the bath in a inch or two of water to clean her. But when you do, wash the blanket she comes in in the washing machine with hot water. Usually the blanket smell more than the doll itself and it transfer back the smell to the doll.

Also, recent blend of TPE have no smell at all ... and release no oil. The latest series of Starpery (Brooke in my signature) have no smell whatsoever. But don't sweat the smell too much, it will disapear within few days. Wash the doll and the blanket few times and it will be gone.

By the way you need to take pictures of her! Bella is gorgeous and there are not many picture of that doll around.
…is it bad that I haven’t washed her at all? When I got her out of the box, I inspected her from head to toe, and she was clean as a whistle, and she wasn’t funky smelling, so we basically just dressed her up and she’s been standing around since looking pretty. Never even thought about washing her first, because I assumed that oily residue will disappear eventually.
Yeah she is full of chemical. Sit her down in the bath in an inch of warm water (not too hot) and wash her with your hands and hand soap. Then put a baggies on her neck (to avoid water infiltration) and rinse her well.

Then put her on a towel and let her dry. When she is fully dry (will probably require around 4 hours), powder her back to smoothness :)
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

FastEddie68

Post by FastEddie68 »

I got Funwest Alice on the way(had pictures last week and tracking number 2days ago) so my long wait starts but hopefully joining her 6 sisters soon. Funwest are pretty cheap for great looking dolls just hope that the price does not reflect quality.

Khyber223
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Khyber223 »

FastEddie68 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:14 am I got Funwest Alice on the way(had pictures last week and tracking number 2days ago) so my long wait starts but hopefully joining her 6 sisters soon. Funwest are pretty cheap for great looking dolls just hope that the price does not reflect quality.
I know some people had issues with their Funwest dolls, and my opinion is based off a sample of one, but I am very impressed with the quality of Funwest. I would not hesitate to buy one again.

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

Khyber223 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:51 pm
FastEddie68 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:14 am I got Funwest Alice on the way(had pictures last week and tracking number 2days ago) so my long wait starts but hopefully joining her 6 sisters soon. Funwest are pretty cheap for great looking dolls just hope that the price does not reflect quality.
I know some people had issues with their Funwest dolls, and my opinion is based off a sample of one, but I am very impressed with the quality of Funwest. I would not hesitate to buy one again.
Did they started to fix the LHP on their model mold? Funwest has the best sculpt around, but the LHP is quite outdated. This is the only thing that prevented me from ordering one at some point earlier last year.
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

Khyber223
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Khyber223 »

Babel99 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:18 pm
Did they started to fix the LHP on their model mold? Funwest has the best sculpt around, but the LHP is quite outdated. This is the only thing that prevented me from ordering one at some point earlier last year.
I don’t know exactly how to measure where the optimal placement of LHP is on dolls because won’t that be subjective depending on the user’s anatomy as well? I do have to say that after looking at Bella’s LHP and compare it real women’s anatomy, I could tell that her vagina and anus is a little too far forward, like her anus need to be closer to where the tailbone should be compared to where it is now.

Her anatomy looks fine, it’s only a few centimeter difference, but it would most likely make a difference if you’re going to use those holes.

I do have to say that this in an older model, not the new one they’re advertising. I chose this one because it has a bubble butt. :lol:

Khyber223
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Khyber223 »

H_N_Franku wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:54 pm
Khyber223 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:29 pm I am now extremely hesitant to put her in anything dark colored clothing, no matter how many times I wash them.
She looks like a very pretty doll, bruda. Nice choice.

It's too bad that she got stained so early. Dressing your doll takes a little more experimenting than most people expect. Good news though. The color isn't the problem, the material is.

Color fasted clothes (clothes that won't bleed) are always safe on dolls, even if they're black. Certain clothing materials are more color fasted than others. Clothes that aren't cheaply made are usually more color fasted than others. Once you find a material that doesn't stain, you're basically clear to get clothes of that same type. You just need to feel one example and you'll be set. For example, rayon and spandex clothes may not bleed unless it's really cheap. Once you feel what that non-bleeding fabric is like, all clothes that feel like that should be safe. You can test if clothes will bleed by submerging it in hot water and leaving it for 5 or 10 minutes. If you ring out the clothes and dye comes out, those clothes would've stained you doll. Keep ringing out that clothing dye until it's all out (may use dish soap to aid the process) and they might be safe.

Look up the techniques that quilters use to keep their quilts from bleeding. It's thanks to them that I know about products like Retayne.
Realllllly good advice, thank you so much. I’ve been doing as you said, and also testing fabrics against the spare TPE they sent along with her.

FastEddie68

Post by FastEddie68 »

Babel99 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:18 pm
Not a scoobies, looks fine on pictures maybe a bit larger vulva than others but looks to be in right place for looks and access.

INFORMATIONS