www.yourdoll.com

What happened to sheer hosiery?

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

What happened to sheer hosiery?

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Just the other day I was looking to get some fresh knee-high sheer nylons for my gurls. Since my gurls are on the small size, knee-highs make great thigh level stockings.

Initially I thought a quick trip to my local Walmart would be an easy sure pick, as I could also buy some groceries and some Hanes or Leggs. Stuck out…..I was shocked to find NONE of my local Walmart carry sheer nylons or even pantyhose! A year ago there was still a section (albeit small) of pantyhose and mostly opaque tights.

So I thought… ok weird, but surely, Target or CVS/walgreens would have something for sheer hosiery. NOPE! 8O I couldn’t even find much for opaque tights! Mostly only thicker footless leggings or yoga pants. Maybe it’s just Alaska.

Im shocked and at a loss! I know for awhile it leggings and tights took over and only rarely saw actual nyloned legs. Young women and teens only thought pantyhose were for their grandmother. Has women’s fashion changed such that demand for sheer nylon hosiery is extinct? I’m left with ordering hosiery to someplace online. Which is fine but not timely or convenient.

Is anyone else’s finding it hard to get some nylons locally?
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: What happened to sheer hosiery?

Post by The Doll Advocate »

Styles have changed ,i cant remember the last time i seen a woman wearing pantyhose.
But they can still be bought online .
I just ordered some from temu

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Online it is….getting scarce online now too!

Onehanesplace (home of Leggs and Hanes) used to be just about the only American brands since the 60s. Now they barely have only a handful of styles and barely 3 colors. Seems this manufacturer is having major quality control issues and now outsourcing most materials.

I agree with you advocate… overseas online orders are still the last standing bastion for feminine hosiery.

My go to online stores are still Canadian “Shapings” and British based “UK Tights”

Amazon has some nice up and coming Asian brands (as seen also on Temu, SHEIN or eBay).

It’s just a little sad and I feel like a relic. Days of mannequin legs sporting hosiery styles in lingerie sections of brick and mortar stores are now gone :cry:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

HoneyHose

Post by HoneyHose »

While I mourn women now shunning wearing pantyhose, I at first used to order them from Ali Express, but have no problem getting them immediately and for less from a number of dollar stores here.
Which is great as my doll is in nylons 24/7 and has a shelf full of stockings and pantyhose!

Mister Bungle 157
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Mister Bungle 157 »

Try uktights.com. :thumbs_up:
They've got everything under the sun.
Also, silkies.com has a decent selection.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

There is a world spanning difference between GOOD stockings/hose and BAD stockings/hose.

Everything from AliExpress and Temu, Asia basically, are Low quality hose. That includes "silkies" and anything from the dollar store.

Europe is the last bastion of good quality hose. Wolford carrying the flag, then CdR (Cecilia de Rafael), ibici, Trasparenze. You will need to be brand specific on Amazon or just go to a UK website. Search for Wolford, that will get you the higher end suppliers.

Before anyone grabs torches and pitchforks to storm my church, I have literally hundreds of dollars of hose from AliExpress. I keep searching for a European quality manufacturer in Asia. The closest I have found are the 20 denier "Oil sheen" offerings, but 20d is not "sheer".

Yes, I have a hosery fetish.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Wholeheartedly agree and well said Rev!

Silkies are anything but silky. Since they are 100% nylon (not a blend with Lycra or spandex etc), they tend to feel like sandpaper. Women these days also have no clue and grab those cheap, rough and rightfully complain and then rather go without.

As the Rev mentioned it doesn’t have to be that way, and there are some wonderful sexy, sheer and silky offerings that you don’t have to mortgage your house for. I’ve had girlfriends exclaim they had no idea there was something better other than the crap that is in the pharmacy aisle with compression socks. Hanes silk reflections and Leggs silken mist used to be the most tolerable but just barely considered sheer at 15 denier.

Yep it’s my fetish too, some like those huge tits (they can have them). I adore shapely legs, pampered peds, heels and hosiery. It’s a shame American women these days have no appreciation, but my gurls know the power that their lovely better half hold over me.

I may create a hosiery 101 class thread to help those new or just don’t know any better than silkies.

Mister Bungle 157
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Mister Bungle 157 »

RevJack wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:17 am There is a world spanning difference between GOOD stockings/hose and BAD stockings/hose.

Everything from AliExpress and Temu, Asia basically, are Low quality hose. That includes "silkies" and anything from the dollar store.

Europe is the last bastion of good quality hose. Wolford carrying the flag, then CdR (Cecilia de Rafael), ibici, Trasparenze. You will need to be brand specific on Amazon or just go to a UK website. Search for Wolford, that will get you the higher end suppliers.

Before anyone grabs torches and pitchforks to storm my church, I have literally hundreds of dollars of hose from AliExpress. I keep searching for a European quality manufacturer in Asia. The closest I have found are the 20 denier "Oil sheen" offerings, but 20d is not "sheer".

Yes, I have a hosery fetish.

Reverend Jack
You probably know www.secretsinlace.com then.

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals, I get my back into my living

Post by young guy »

Good thread here, Sinsualuvr; I love the look and feel of quality sheer hose as well. Guess I've taken it to the extreme; I've dressed the Virtue Girls in sheer bodysuits and catsuits since they first started arriving years ago. Starting with the legs, the eyes travel up and over their whole body encapsulated in sheer elegance...
Lovely to look at; sheer heaven to cuddle! Huh, guess I have a fetish too!
I'll sign up for hosiery 101!
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

peachplumpear

Post by peachplumpear »

I’m in my early thirties and can confirm hosiery is completely extinct out there. You guys and your ladies will probably be the hosiery shops’ best customers now!

Pexter

Post by Pexter »

The Walmarts in my area all carry panty hose and knee-highs in nude, black, and fishnet. They also carry Women's Lace Top Back Seam Thigh Highs.

Just last week, I bought one of each for my Hanna except for the lace tops.

I have found that not all Walmarts carry all of the same things. I suppose what each Walmart has on their shelves depends on what local customers are buying.

Hanna in Pantyhose 1.jpg
Hanna in Pantyhose 1.jpg (211.44 KiB) Viewed 320 times
Hanna in Pantyhose 2.jpg
Hanna in Pantyhose 2.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 320 times

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

With all the thousands of dollars spent on makeup, foundation, blush, concealer, highlight, American women should recognize that hosery is simply makeup for the legs.
Europe and Asia understand.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

RevJack wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:35 pm With all the thousands of dollars spent on makeup, foundation, blush, concealer, highlight, American women should recognize that hosery is simply makeup for the legs.
Europe and Asia understand.

Reverend Jack
Plus, the higher quality hosery FEELS amazing too. It's such an improvement over my gal's silicone legs. :P

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by the living tribunal »

Plenty to be found on eBay, at least here in the UK; one can often find vintage unopened stockings packs from the 80s too, my Kimber loves them :thumbs_up:

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Update….added a thread for my Hosiery 101 class found here:

viewtopic.php?t=179512

INFORMATIONS