dollstudio.org

Jiusheng Doll - Updates and Changes

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Jiusheng Doll - Updates and Changes

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

in the past months, several doll makers made major changes to their portfolio, to the available customization options, to naming pricing and the like. In an attempt to keep track, I will make posts about these updates and changes, broken down by brand. I'll start with Jiusheng.

1) Price decrease.

From Jiusheng's announcement:
"[…] we take every effort to expand the production capacity of our factory, to lower the unit cost of each doll. Moreover, we changed the freight forwarder and broke down the freight rates for different destinations so as to quote you a more competitive price. More importantly, we hope such a price decrease will help [to] gain more customers."
The new prices will take effect on May 1, 2024.

However, at least for the destinations US and EU, freight costs are currently increasing. It is to be hoped that such price increases will not eat up Jiusheng price decreases.

2) Changes to customization options.

Als taking effect on May 1, 2024, there will be the following changes:
  • No hollow breasts option.
  • No S body painting. The TPE body is available with standard body painting or realistic body painting (originally called S+ body makeup).
  • No tan line body makeup.
  • No hair implants of real human hair.
  • Silicone head base is not available.
  • No hymen.
  • Touch points of the moaning option change to 3 positions.
As I understand it, the liste customization options will become unavailable next month.

3) Replacement of 158/E body with new 158/D body.

Jiusheng discontinued the 158/E silicone body which was introduced in August 2022.

This is the 'old' body (which technically was a D cup):
jiusheng-ji-s158d-body-style-specs.jpg
jiusheng-ji-s158d-body-style-specs.jpg (252.1 KiB) Viewed 562 times
This body style is being replaced with a new 158/D body which looks like so:
jiusheng-ji-s158d-silicone-body-2024-04.jpg
jiusheng-ji-s158d-silicone-body-2024-04.jpg (241.67 KiB) Viewed 562 times
According to specs, the new body is 7 kg heavier than the discontinued one, and the new D cup variant is more busty than the old E cup variant. This is a bit confusing; maybe the old specs were off.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Scatterling
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Jiusheng Doll - Updates and Changes

Post by Scatterling »

Very informative write-up, thank you!

Meschler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Meschler »

Interesting anouncement. I am curious How this will effect Price and Sales in the end
Meschler is owned by the lovely Shiela

Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt
-Hope dies last-

ondsdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ondsdoll »

The 158D body sculpt looks good

Meschler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Meschler »

The old one wasnt Bad ether, but the new Body has more Definition and Looks more like a real female. Personals i whis for a Little Tweek here and there but Overall will done

-Hope dies last-

ondsdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ondsdoll »

Dollstudio wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:00 pm Hi,

in the past months, several doll makers made major changes to their portfolio, to the available customization options, to naming pricing and the like. In an attempt to keep track, I will make posts about these updates and changes, broken down by brand. I'll start with Jiusheng.

1) Price decrease.

From Jiusheng's announcement:
"[…] we take every effort to expand the production capacity of our factory, to lower the unit cost of each doll. Moreover, we changed the freight forwarder and broke down the freight rates for different destinations so as to quote you a more competitive price. More importantly, we hope such a price decrease will help [to] gain more customers."
The new prices will take effect on May 1, 2024.

However, at least for the destinations US and EU, freight costs are currently increasing. It is to be hoped that such price increases will not eat up Jiusheng price decreases.

2) Changes to customization options.

Als taking effect on May 1, 2024, there will be the following changes:
  • No hollow breasts option.
  • No S body painting. The TPE body is available with standard body painting or realistic body painting (originally called S+ body makeup).
  • No tan line body makeup.
  • No hair implants of real human hair.
  • Silicone head base is not available.
  • No hymen.
  • Touch points of the moaning option change to 3 positions.
As I understand it, the liste customization options will become unavailable next month.

3) Replacement of 158/E body with new 158/D body.

Jiusheng discontinued the 158/E silicone body which was introduced in August 2022.

This is the 'old' body (which technically was a D cup):

jiusheng-ji-s158d-body-style-specs.jpg

This body style is being replaced with a new 158/D body which looks like so:

jiusheng-ji-s158d-silicone-body-2024-04.jpg

According to specs, the new body is 7 kg heavier than the discontinued one, and the new D cup variant is more busty than the old E cup variant. This is a bit confusing; maybe the old specs were off.

Sandro
How is the LHP on the new one?

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

ondsdoll wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:41 am How is the LHP on the new one?
Silicone Doll 158D Ayaka (20).jpg
Silicone Doll 158D Ayaka (20).jpg (111.55 KiB) Viewed 465 times
I'll post more photos later, but I am not sure if the TDF accepts the new heads introduced together with the new body (Arisa and Ayaka).

One question to the audience: How should we handle discontinued dolls in our online shop?

From the data management point of view, the only way to do this would be to create a new page for the new body and keep the old one separately, just mark it as "unavailable" or "discontinued". This way, history is fully kept intact, and product lines can be traced back. We tried that in the past, and it just results in numerous requests, explicitely asking for the old body. Lesson learnt: An online shop is not a database. It's not the right way for an online shop to keep legacy records for unavailable products around.

So there are two variants how to deal with such a successor product which replaces an existing model:

Variant A: We could update the page for the old body with the new specs. That would mean that people looking for the old body would come across the new body with the updated specs, and old backlinks would remain valid. The page could include a note that the new body replaces a discountinued one. But this approach might create confustion as photo shootings with the old body variant would also keep pointing to the updated body. But history would be kept intact, at least to some degree.

Varian B: Alternatively, we could remove the page for the old body completely. That would break all backlinks and references, but it'd be a clean cut. All traces to the old body would vanish in Nirvana. Making a note on the page that the new body replaces another model would make no sense as the old body would not be mentioned anywhere (for comparison). This approach would be kind of '1984' style erasing of history.

You are the customers, what would you expect and what would confuse you the least?

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

Perhaps create a special section for discontinued models (of all brands): this would be a sort of 'museum' section for those interested in the evolution of dolls. So it would be clear that these models are no longer for sale.

But there would be links leading to the store section that sells current dolls, because to finance a doll museum, even a virtual one, you have to make money through sales.

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

Cameramike
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Cameramike »

Hi thanks for the update. As far as addressing the two bodies why not have them side by side so they can be compared and you can order from body a or b. Then when the old one sells out you can list it as out of stock.

PartThree

Post by PartThree »

Nothing about weight reduction? Their 155f silicone is 10lbs too heavy...
SE Doll 163C "Annie"
SE Doll 167E "Deidre" (coming soon)
#3 later this year

Scatterling
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Scatterling »

Dollstudio wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:50 amnumerous requests, explicitely asking for the old body. Lesson learnt: An online shop is not a database. It's not the right way for an online shop to keep legacy records for unavailable products around.
Agreed. Even tho for "doll research" purposes, that approach is ideal, it's not the purpose of your site and creates too much hassle for you.
Variant A: We could update the page for the old body with the new specs. That would mean that people looking for the old body would come across the new body with the updated specs, and old backlinks would remain valid. The page could include a note that the new body replaces a discountinued one. But this approach might create confustion as photo shootings with the old body variant would also keep pointing to the updated body.
Oh man, if your first approach has created too much confusion, then this Variant A is just asking for even more trouble and tons of customer questions.
Varian B: Alternatively, we could remove the page for the old body completely. That would break all backlinks and references, but it'd be a clean cut. All traces to the old body would vanish in Nirvana.
I don't think you need to literally remove the page, just redirect it to a standard page that bears little more information than "the doll you are looking for has been discontinued and is no longer available".
You can keep files of photos and such of the old model in the background, so that direct links on other sites (such as TDF) don't break - but only if the direct URL is used, one wouldn't be able to find them anymore by browsing your shop site.

Additionally, you could have a list which doll models have been replaced (with links to the newer, current models only).
Bonus points if you include dates as to when a model was replaced with a newer one (don't need to be super exact, just month+year would suffice so the customer gets an idea just how "new" a model replacement is).

(Not sure if I understood Variant B correctly and if my suggestions make sense, but in general, I think a more or less "clean cut" of some sort is preferable for a webshop site.)

ondsdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ondsdoll »

Dollstudio wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:50 am
ondsdoll wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:41 am How is the LHP on the new one?
Silicone Doll 158D Ayaka (20).jpg

I'll post more photos later, but I am not sure if the TDF accepts the new heads introduced together with the new body (Arisa and Ayaka).

One question to the audience: How should we handle discontinued dolls in our online shop?

From the data management point of view, the only way to do this would be to create a new page for the new body and keep the old one separately, just mark it as "unavailable" or "discontinued". This way, history is fully kept intact, and product lines can be traced back. We tried that in the past, and it just results in numerous requests, explicitely asking for the old body. Lesson learnt: An online shop is not a database. It's not the right way for an online shop to keep legacy records for unavailable products around.

So there are two variants how to deal with such a successor product which replaces an existing model:

Variant A: We could update the page for the old body with the new specs. That would mean that people looking for the old body would come across the new body with the updated specs, and old backlinks would remain valid. The page could include a note that the new body replaces a discountinued one. But this approach might create confustion as photo shootings with the old body variant would also keep pointing to the updated body. But history would be kept intact, at least to some degree.

Varian B: Alternatively, we could remove the page for the old body completely. That would break all backlinks and references, but it'd be a clean cut. All traces to the old body would vanish in Nirvana. Making a note on the page that the new body replaces another model would make no sense as the old body would not be mentioned anywhere (for comparison). This approach would be kind of '1984' style erasing of history.

You are the customers, what would you expect and what would confuse you the least?

Sandro
Siked
The loveholes seems already better than what I'm used to. Sometimes the hip skeleton is not well placed and when bending the legs it causes the loveholes to bend out of place. Hopefully this will not be the case with this model.

I think that this new body is a good replacement. Not sure if people want the old body when there is a far better upgrade.

Meschler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Meschler »

Some sort of Archive Page for all discontinued Bodys and Brands will do it for me. But it depends which CMS you are using if this is a big deal or not. For some CMS its only drag and drop to redirect a page to another section, for other CMS there is much more work to do. And so it depends to what you have available and how much work you are willing to put in some sort of archive....

-Hope dies last-

INFORMATIONS