www.yourdoll.com

Heels!

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
Newguy47

Heels!

Post by Newguy47 »

Any advice on the best types of heels for standing feet with the screws? I want my doll to have a nice collection but scared they wont fit right or be damaged.

Out_Of_Sync
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Heels!

Post by Out_Of_Sync »

Well, they will be damaged by the bolts in the feet. Sorry. If you get boots or booties where your dolls can wear layers of socks inside the booties, that will reduce the damage. Eventually you may consider reduced weight silicone dolls with standing feet without bolts. Then your heels won't be damaged.
Jiusheng-Doll 163F with "Evelyn" Head
SM Doll 160f Silicone with heads 11 (Alice), 60 (Sydney), X2 (Jasmine), X8 ?
Private Island Beauties TPE Island Girls Eden, Hope, Isabella, Mina & Ellowyn
SM Doll 149b #56 "Angélique"
SM Doll 156c Riley (X8)
SM Doll 168c Cherry (102)
Kristi (32)
SM Doll 168c Lisa (X8)
SM Doll 168c Keri (X10)
WMDoll 170D 356 (Vix)
XYDoll 163c in white TPE Misa (Victoria)
Don't let the doll overlords kill your buzz.

Newguy47

Post by Newguy47 »

Out_Of_Sync wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:17 pm Well, they will be damaged by the bolts in the feet. Sorry. If you get boots or booties where your dolls can wear layers of socks inside the booties, that will reduce the damage. Eventually you may consider reduced weight silicone dolls with standing feet without bolts. Then your heels won't be damaged.
I was looking at some of the foot plates that were being used and think I might end up going that route. Easy enough to make I can remove them when not in use. My next doll may have boltless feet.

Jazzy Jess
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jazzy Jess »

Makes me think, as a hobby car mechanic, I'd try taking 1 of the bolts all the way out, taking it the the auto parts store, and there they have lil thread matcher thingies. This will give the exact bolt size and thread pitch for reference. Then, for assorted industries and uses, they sell small plates in round and square that are welded to a bolt thread on one side.

In theory, if you matched up the threads just right, you could get 2 or 6 of these threaded plates, screw em almost all the way up in the foot, and the plates might balance a doll well in heels with greatly reduced inner shoe damage. In theory, lol.

Something like this could be bought or made:

If needed to be custom made, the keyword for a threaded bolt with no bolt cap is "stud", so you could buy some studs of the right size, some small 1x1in or 4x4cm plates, and any welding shop could affix the studs to the plates in a few moments. Wouldn't attach airplane brakes with em lol but the welds would hold a doll up.

Davey2469
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Davey2469 »

Newguy47 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:10 pm Any advice on the best types of heels for standing feet with the screws? I want my doll to have a nice collection but scared they wont fit right or be damaged.
Search top right will find a few helpfuls.
viewtopic.php?t=175185
Lalya 170cm C S39 Real Lady “The bOMb
Current: viewtopic.php?t=178506
First version: viewtopic.php?t=173583
Interested in IronTech? - https://www.irontechdoll.com/?sld=carycme - carycme10 for 10% off
Laura167cm F S39 ITSRS WR 60kg UltraSoft

Darla 159cm E silicone Hedy Starpery
viewtopic.php?t=174942
Newer: viewtopic.php?t=179212

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

Personally, i made my own shoes ,because doll sizes are crazy small you would be hard pressed to find a human girl who can wear doll sizes .
Its out there ,but its really rare.
Some say the size 5 heels will fit most dolls tiny feet but i have yet to explore this .
I took a size 11 and cut the toes down .
And then i drilled holes through the soles sobthe shoe can be bolted onbher feet , this way she cant roll out of them when standing.

Newguy47

Post by Newguy47 »

The Doll Advocate wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:28 pm Personally, i made my own shoes ,because doll sizes are crazy small you would be hard pressed to find a human girl who can wear doll sizes .
Some say the size 5 heels will fit most dolls tiny feet but i have yet to explore this .
And then i drilled holes through the soles sobthe shoe can be bolted onbher feet , this way she cant roll out of them when standing.
5 was a bit too big so I have 4s coming in tomorrow. Going to hope for the best and maybe look into foot plates for now. Eventually her hands and feet will be swapped once I am comfortable enough to do it myself. I am very mechanically inclined but tpe is new to me.

Dick Vicious
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dick Vicious »

Jazzy Jess wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:17 pm Makes me think, as a hobby car mechanic, I'd try taking 1 of the bolts all the way out, taking it the the auto parts store, and there they have lil thread matcher thingies. This will give the exact bolt size and thread pitch for reference. Then, for assorted industries and uses, they sell small plates in round and square that are welded to a bolt thread on one side.

In theory, if you matched up the threads just right, you could get 2 or 6 of these threaded plates, screw em almost all the way up in the foot, and the plates might balance a doll well in heels with greatly reduced inner shoe damage. In theory, lol.

Something like this could be bought or made:

If needed to be custom made, the keyword for a threaded bolt with no bolt cap is "stud", so you could buy some studs of the right size, some small 1x1in or 4x4cm plates, and any welding shop could affix the studs to the plates in a few moments. Wouldn't attach airplane brakes with em lol but the welds would hold a doll up.
From my experience, seems like it would work. Please post if you try and what results you had.
Actually thinking back, I did foot plates, it does help but for me, did not stop the ankle from rolling over.

Dick Vicious
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dick Vicious »

like mentioned above size 5 heels work great but size 4 would be best. Haven't been able to find any heels, that I like, that come in size 4. Most brands the smallest size they carry is 5. FYI, most of my girls' heels are Pleasers brand.

With my lightest babe I did try having her stand in wedged heels and she was able to pull it off easily, sorry don't have a pic of that. But maybe try it for yourself. I'll attach a pic so you can see what type I'm talking about.
Attachments
IMG_0979 copy.JPG
IMG_0979 copy.JPG (2.09 MiB) Viewed 208 times

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

Newguy47 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:28 pm
The Doll Advocate wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:28 pm Personally, i made my own shoes ,because doll sizes are crazy small you would be hard pressed to find a human girl who can wear doll sizes .
5 was a bit too big so I have 4s coming in tomorrow. Going to hope for the best and maybe look into foot plates for now. Eventually her hands and feet will be swapped once I am comfortable enough to do it myself. I am very mechanically inclined but tpe is new to me.
Where the hell did you find size 4 heels!!???
Never seen smaller than 5.
My dolls all fit a size 2 sneaker and they arent small dolls 163cm and 172cm

Newguy47

Post by Newguy47 »

The Doll Advocate wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:37 pm
Newguy47 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:28 pm
Where the hell did you find size 4 heels!!???
Never seen smaller than 5.
My dolls all fit a size 2 sneaker and they arent small dolls 163cm and 172cm
Amazon of course. Size 4 womens US to be exact. Tried 5 but they were just off due to the floppy toes so 4-4.5 should be perfect as my doll has tiny feet for her size

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

A topic near and dear to my heart…. Looking forward to a fresh set of eyes and minds into dolls and their heels.

Various fixes been talked about including utilizing different bolt lengths and brackets to drilling holes and modifying the heels:

viewtopic.php?t=100260&hilit=Heels

Heels by their very nature are an unstable support platform. A majority the body weight of course is at the ball of the feet and center of gravity is shifted forward. Some women have the uncanny ability to make wearing and moving in them look effortless and amazing.

Unfortunately Women foot anatomy and doll anatomy are similar in looks only and dolls do not have the ability for wearing heels unsupported for more than scant minutes without risk of damage to limbs and body parts (much less any nearby fragile furniture).

By far use of a hanging fixture is best to take all the weight off the delicate feet and ankle joints. Safest use is sitting or various laying in bed poses.

Also see my Heels 101 class thread for or details on foot attire:
viewtopic.php?t=71165&hilit=Heels

:plaidskirt:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

INFORMATIONS