Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RealDoll 2: The Review

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RealDoll 2: The Review

Post by RaDiv »

A week ago a huge crate entered my life. The precious cargo was my Body A/Face A RealDoll 2.
My expectations to RealDoll 2 have been very high. Especially the new fingers and the reduced
weight.

RD2 surpasses the older tin cured RealDolls on all levels. The weight is reduced, the finger poking problems are eliminated and the chance of tearing are
reduced due to the change from tin cured silicone to platinum cured silicone. Platinum cured silicone is more durable than tin cured silicone.

Body A is the first body in the new RD2 line. Body A is based on Body 7.
At the moment there are 3 new faces and 2 retro-fitted faces available for RD2.

The weight is significantly reduced. Body A is even lighter than my old Body 2 doll.
I can lift her from the floor with ease. RD2 has silicone foam cores in several places, like the thighs to reduce the weight without reducing the feel.

The most significant improvement are the new fingers.
Finger pokes has been a problem as long as the finger wires has existed. Mostly caused by sharp parts lurking inside the silicone.
Every doll owner knows how easy it is to bump into walls and furniture when carrying a doll around.
Now the sharp parts are gone. The "bones" are softer and the fingers bends easier. The new fingers looks more like real fingers.

On my old RD overtightened joints was a problem. Seems like the good old torque wrench has been used to get the right tightness on RD2's joints.
I love the new boobies, they are softer and more lifelike. The nipples are really suckable!! The make-up has been improved compared to my old RD.
The lips and nails are beautifully painted.

How's the sex? The sex is awesome.I chose the insert version which I recommend. The labia on RD's with permanent vagina is too rigid and tears easily.
RD2 uses a silicone single channel vaginal insert. From the outside it's impossible to tell it's an insert. The labia on the insert looks just like the labia on dolls with permanent vagina.
The anus is integrated in the silicone. The insert has bumps inside that makes a nice suction effect. BTW: The anus has bumps too.
The insert is soft but not too soft. With the help from a drop of water based lube the insert slides into the cavity with ease. Once inside it stays in place. Matt has spent a lot of time getting this
insert right.

So what's the verdict? Has my new RD2 met my expectations? The answer is yes. My expectations and more. RealDoll 2 is a doll I can recommend.

She told me to come but I was already there

sactojoe

Post by sactojoe »

Thanks for the review Radiv! The information is very helpful and good to hear.

I have been wondering how the advancements in the RD2 would perform in real life. It makes me feel much better about considering Abyss for my male doll.

Congratulations on your doll! I am happy for both of you. :)

Euchre
Ex-Member

Post by Euchre »

Great review! Looks like they've made some HUGE improvements!

As for the finger poke issue... I'd give it more time before I would say its been eliminated completely but hopeful its been reduced.

Hmmmm... just remembered, Bill got a RD2 also and I don't think I've seen a review by him. Anyone? :?
I was a bad boy at TDF and got ex-membered.

Abyss
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: RealDoll 2: The Review

Post by Abyss »

Thanks for sharing your review :)
RaDiv wrote:A week ago a huge crate entered my life. The precious cargo was my Body A/Face A RealDoll 2.
My expectations to RealDoll 2 have been very high. Especially the new fingers and the reduced
weight.

RD2 surpasses the older tin cured RealDolls on all levels. The weight is reduced, the finger poking problems are eliminated and the chance of tearing are
reduced due to the change from tin cured silicone to platinum cured silicone. Platinum cured silicone is more durable than tin cured silicone.

Body A is the first body in the new RD2 line. Body A is based on Body 7.
At the moment there are 3 new faces and 2 retro-fitted faces available for RD2.

The weight is significantly reduced. Body A is even lighter than my old Body 2 doll.
I can lift her from the floor with ease. RD2 has silicone foam cores in several places, like the thighs to reduce the weight without reducing the feel.

The most significant improvement are the new fingers.
Finger pokes has been a problem as long as the finger wires has existed. Mostly caused by sharp parts lurking inside the silicone.
Every doll owner knows how easy it is to bump into walls and furniture when carrying a doll around.
Now the sharp parts are gone. The "bones" are softer and the fingers bends easier. The new fingers looks more like real fingers.

On my old RD overtightened joints was a problem. Seems like the good old torque wrench has been used to get the right tightness on RD2's joints.
I love the new boobies, they are softer and more lifelike. The nipples are really suckable!! The make-up has been improved compared to my old RD.
The lips and nails are beautifully painted.

How's the sex? The sex is awesome.I chose the insert version which I recommend. The labia on RD's with permanent vagina is too rigid and tears easily.
RD2 uses a silicone single channel vaginal insert. From the outside it's impossible to tell it's an insert. The labia on the insert looks just like the labia on dolls with permanent vagina.
The anus is integrated in the silicone. The insert has bumps inside that makes a nice suction effect. BTW: The anus has bumps too.
The insert is soft but not too soft. With the help from a drop of water based lube the insert slides into the cavity with ease. Once inside it stays in place. Matt has spent a lot of time getting this
insert right.

So what's the verdict? Has my new RD2 met my expectations? The answer is yes. My expectations and more. RealDoll 2 is a doll I can recommend.

Abyss Creations, LLC.
Sales - sales@realdoll.com (All Sales)
Media - media@realdoll.com (All Media Requests)
Phone - (760) 471 8418
Address -Abyss Creations
475 East Carmel Street
San Marcos, CA 92078

glyph127
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by glyph127 »

Damn is she hot-any chance for more photos?

candollshelp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by candollshelp »

I second the request for more pics! Can we see one with the insert actually in place? Seems the insert is indeed very convenient

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

A great review, RaDiv.

Thanks,

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

Gabrielle has the same fingers as RD2, and I'm impressed. I just wish they'd used that torque wrench you talk about on her elbows and shoulders. I feel as though I'm going to tear her arms off while posing her.

Ekkehard

Post by Ekkehard »

Thank you, RaDiv.

It is to be found out well that more simply many of the problems occurred with the old RD's, are to be handled. Also good: The problem with the fingers is considerably more unlikely in any case.

Ekkehard

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

Great review, RaDiv.

Good to hear that the finger wire poke throughs seem to be a thing of the past. If I recall correctly Bill ordered his RD2 without the wires, so this is our first review of them.

I like the idea of the soft foam cores in the thighs. 8) I wonder how much lighter the Body B will be compared to the Body 2?

Mahtek & his Ladies
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

DrSoong
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DrSoong »

Thanks for that review.

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

candollshelp wrote:I second the request for more pics! Can we see one with the insert actually in place? Seems the insert is indeed very convenient
Here's a closeup of the insert

All the pics can be found in Tam's album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10683

The new fingers are easier to bend and the sharp wire ends that used to cut through the silicone are gone.

Mahtek: According to the spec sheet, Body 2 is supposed to weigh 78 pounds and Body B 65 pounds. That's a significant weight reduction.

The foam cores in the thighs gives a cool bounce effect.
Her thighs are really SEXY!
Happy to hear you found my review interesting :D
She told me to come but I was already there

iwannadoll

Post by iwannadoll »

RaDiv wrote:The nipples are really suckable!!
Did you find the valve that you can open and pour beer into? It should hold 2 -12oz Bud-Wize-Uh!.

siliventurer
Ex-Member

Post by siliventurer »

Great review! :thumbs_up:

Roger S New
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Roger S New »

What's the difference between "Real Doll 1" and "Real Doll 2?"

INFORMATIONS