DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Hope

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Hope

Post by CharlieWone »

Happy Birthday, Pat. from me and the girls!
GroupShot.jpg
GroupShot.jpg (52.88 KiB) Viewed 2407 times

B-Zilla Lives
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by B-Zilla Lives »

CharlieWone wrote:Happy Birthday, Pat. from me and the girls!
GroupShot.jpg
Damn, Charlie(Wone)'s Angels.
Bubbles' #1 Fan

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

They are my angels, but Nyki can be such a little devil sometimes! :twisted:

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

Man, I've had the pleasure of going through this thread and seeing all the pictures. In terms of pure aesthetics this doll's body styling has to be top 3 for me (I'm fickle, can't pick just one #1 heh). :D

Beautiful Asian look on Charlie Wone's dolls I don't think I've ever seen. Sexy as Heyy-all!
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

Thanks for the comments. :D Pat at PIB has sculpted several faces with asian features, but my Nyki was one of his first face sculpts, which he calls Cali. Saw her on his website. She may be the only one, I don't think he's ever had another order for her. She captivates me every time I walk in the room...

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

Charlie, Cali was one of those creations which I thought were too 'angular' for me, but damn, your photos and choice of clothing really bring out the beauty of this head.

In fact the "Lady In Red" shot is incredibly hot, literally burned a hole through my retina :) . Patrick is a master of pubic hair which is rare (Hiroo has a woman do his, looks incredibly similar). That runway strip he did for you. HELLO? Awesome!!

What blows me away is how quickly so many credible US doll mfr have established themselves in so short a time. Remember back in the day when it was Japan who had multiple mfr of hot ass dolls?

I'm awaiting the economic report: All sectors down in the US except doll manufacturing. :mrgreen:
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

toonist wrote:This wonderful shot was taken outside our studio today by the collector it was created for. I am thankful he brought his camera!
P
Hope in this picture has to be the most beautiful doll I have seen to date. I can't get over it. Is this the cream blush skin tone? Also, can you still get this exact style of lace front wig and can you get it in black with mild highlights?
Attachments
Hope sun.jpg
Hope sun.jpg (58.65 KiB) Viewed 2212 times

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

Thanks Zarnon, sorry for missing your response! Sara at PIB did a great job on Nyki's bush, customizing it just as I'd asked. All part of the fantasy :D
My other body has it's own unique style...
This one is total fantasy!!

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

That's a beautiful shot, CharlieWone. So alive! She looks like she's contemplating her luffa.
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hey BW.
That is absolutely one of my favorite pics as well. Thanks. It is the creme blush . We're actually working with our intrinsic color supplier to have a custom color created just for us. Very full of life. As for the wig, I believe we could find that again.
And Charlie...your pics rock.
Come see us at the fair if you get a weekend day.
P

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

toonist wrote:Hey BW.
That is absolutely one of my favorite pics as well. Thanks. It is the creme blush . We're actually working with our intrinsic color supplier to have a custom color created just for us. Very full of life. As for the wig, I believe we could find that again.
And Charlie...your pics rock.
Come see us at the fair if you get a weekend day.
P
Thank you for taking the time to the respond. Very much appreciated. I am still shopping around and weighing my options, but you very well may be hearing from me in the near future. Your dolls look incredible and Hope combined with the Bathing Beauty body is about as perfect as I think I can realistically expect.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

narcissus wrote:While I thought Hope's darker look was my favorite, this one sure has me rethinking that!! She looks Disney-ish, princess-ish to me, hard to describe.
That's because Toonists's creations tend to have that narrow, chiseled look that Disney uses in his animated beauties. That's why his "elven" ladies look so good.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Szalinski wrote:
narcissus wrote:While I thought Hope's darker look was my favorite, this one sure has me rethinking that!! She looks Disney-ish, princess-ish to me, hard to describe.
That's because Toonists's creations tend to have that narrow, chiseled look that Disney uses in his animated beauties. That's why his "elven" ladies look so good.
When I think of the chiseled look (which I LOVE by the way,) I think of Norah Jones:
NorahJones3bAutumnDeWilde.jpg
NorahJones3bAutumnDeWilde.jpg (38.92 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
norah-jones_1664959c.jpg
norah-jones_1664959c.jpg (19.46 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
norah-jones1.jpg
norah-jones1.jpg (32.88 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
norah-jones.jpg
norah-jones.jpg (23.16 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
For those of you old enough to remember him, Norah is the daughter of Ravi Shankar, the famous sitar player. Such a beauty, eh? And a passing resemblance to Hope in the first two photos, in my opinion.
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

INFORMATIONS