betterlovedoll.com

Midiman Makes AOL News - VERY POSITIVE DOLL ARTICLE

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Midiman Makes AOL News - VERY POSITIVE DOLL ARTICLE

Post by midiman »

WOW, when David Moye told me he was a human first and journalist second I was somewhat relieved.
However, when I saw his article in AOL News I wanted to send him a Dolly Oscar or 'Friend of he Community Award'

The man came through on his promise. This is the kind of press we need ;)

I would have preferred they not use that thumb for my trailer LOL

Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Ruby13
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: Midiman Makes AOL News - VERY POSITIVE DOLL ARTICLE

Post by Ruby13 »

Midi:
This project is probably as much fun to watch as it was to wrap up! The David Moye article was done quite well, not too slanted in either direction. It will be interesting to see if it brings new curious parties to TDF, and to hear their take on this unique multi-faceted.....hobby! Kudo's for hanging in there through a long and arduous project...many would have frittered out long ago!

Respects....Don@Ruby13

p.s. Do you plan a sequel, or maybe a T.V. series?

B-Zilla Lives
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by B-Zilla Lives »

I kept looking for a "page 2" link, thinking things were bound to turn sour sooner or later. What a refreshing article.
Bubbles' #1 Fan

r4m
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by r4m »

Nice bit of press for you there Midi. :D BTW, he says the link is to TDF, but it is actually to your Doll Chronicles site. On the bright side, I haven't been over there in a while, and I think I'll check it out.

Cheers,
r4m
My dolls can be seen here - http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11496

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

r4m wrote:BTW, he says the link is to TDF, but it is actually to your Doll Chronicles site. On the bright side, I haven't been over there in a while, and I think I'll check it out.

Cheers,
r4m
Thanks for the positive feedback. It means a lot to Midiman and spurs him on ;)

Also thanks for letting us know about the link, r4m. It is at least linking to the documentary site :)

Midiman did, however, change the page so it gives all our site options now, so one can access any of the sites from that page ;)
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

"Actually, it's not like that at all," he said. "My research suggests that about 34 percent of the people who buy them are married. I'd compare buying one of these to buying a car or a boat.
Probably even more for all we know. Not all who have a doll join in with us but that is okay. Owners from all 3 doll sites are married and/or have families. Wives,children and even grandchildren. I am happily married with a wonderful perfect wife and 3 sweet children of my own. My wife and I can do just fine without the dolls :D but there is something magical about having a doll once you have one. There isn't much that can replace sharing the same enjoyment and enthusiasm with like minds. So yeah it is like owning a motorcycle,boat,car,etc.
Still, he says that the dolls can fill a void in people's lives.
:thumbs_up:
single men who have these use them as a place holder in a relationship,"
Then there are other cases, such as the 19-year-old man who suffers from a degenerative neurological illness and will probably never see 40.

"He may likely lose the mobility he would need to handle a doll within the next five years," Hockey said. "He has interest in buying a doll to address his sexual needs as well as to share the camaraderie of the doll community.
I think he should be able to have his wish.
His parents will not have it and have indicated if he purchases the doll he will have to leave.
But why? It is what he wants.
because his family do not understand dolls
Well..... Love is generous.

Thanks for putting out a positive spin on dolls David Moye :thumbs_up: It is highly appreciated but the only disadvantage is that the AOL video in your article links to "Weird news" when in fact it is nothing of the sort. This community covers every single demographic one can think of. So..... That in itself would make all of America weird. LOL. And the cool thing about it is that we all have different situations but we all enjoy the same thing. Dolls are cool and so are the people here.
Thanks Dave(Midiman) for getting this story to someone who has tact. :thumbs_up:

http://www.coverdoll.com/drupal/
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

It's nice to see a good and not a sensationalist article, which just shows that these dolls are many things to many different people. Very well written :thumbs_up:

Let's hope that this is the way future doll articles will run :D
 Click to go to Coverdoll

scubasteve

Post by scubasteve »

Thank you for the article!
Like others, I sort of expected the typical slant, but am happy to see it wasn't.
Too many 'journalists' have an agenda to push and forget their job is to report the news, not make commentaries about it.
Thanks Again!
.............._[:]o

"L'amor Conquista Todo"

an old riddle-
Q:What are the TALLEST things in the world?
A:A woman's legs; they reach from the GROUND all the way to HEAVEN!

MelodyLuvr
Location: Lost deep in my sweet Melody's gorgeous, big blue eyes!!!!

Post by MelodyLuvr »

Hi Midiman,

Very good article! (Probably the most "impartial" article I've seen...well balanced). But of course, there are the comments below it. :roll:
Cheers,
MelodyLuvr

Come see my girl's gallery HERE-->http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13036.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

MelodyLuvr wrote:Hi Midiman,

Very good article! (Probably the most "impartial" article I've seen...well balanced). But of course, there are the comments below it. :roll:
I don't read the comments, because for the most part, they are only emotional responses by immature individuals with low self esteem and feeling threatened by their own sexuality.

The one thing I have learned is that when it comes to the internet, don't waste your time trying to put grease on the squeaky wheels, as they will not affect your journey if you don't let them;)

Cheers,
Midiman
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

midiman wrote:
MelodyLuvr wrote:I don't read the comments, because for the most part, they are only emotional responses by immature individuals with low self esteem and feeling threatened by their own sexuality.
"She can't cook" made me LOL tho :haha4:

You do have to separate the wheat from the chaff, tho - and yeah, you can't take it personally, mainly cos they don't actually know you personally. :wink:
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

jediguy1019
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jediguy1019 »

Great article Midi! I'm happy to see Moye did not put a negative spin on the doll community. I would imagine the visitor numbers should increase after this article.

Fuzzy78
Former Member

Post by Fuzzy78 »

janesays wrote:
"Actually, it's not like that at all," he said. "My research suggests that about 34 percent of the people who buy them are married. I'd compare buying one of these to buying a car or a boat.
Probably even more for all we know. Not all who have a doll join in with us but that is okay. Owners from all 3 doll sites are married and/or have families. Wives,children and even grandchildren. I am happily married with a wonderful perfect wife and 3 sweet children of my own. My wife and I can do just fine without the dolls :D but there is something magical about having a doll once you have one. There isn't much that can replace sharing the same enjoyment and enthusiasm with like minds. So yeah it is like owning a motorcycle,boat,car,etc.
Still, he says that the dolls can fill a void in people's lives.
single men who have these use them as a place holder in a relationship,"
Then there are other cases, such as the 19-year-old man who suffers from a degenerative neurological illness and will probably never see 40.

"He may likely lose the mobility he would need to handle a doll within the next five years," Hockey said. "He has interest in buying a doll to address his sexual needs as well as to share the camaraderie of the doll community.
I think he should be able to have his wish.
His parents will not have it and have indicated if he purchases the doll he will have to leave.
But why? It is what he wants.
because his family do not understand dolls
Well..... Love is generous.

Thanks for putting out a positive spin on dolls David Moye :thumbs_up: It is highly appreciated but the only disadvantage is that the AOL video in your article links to "Weird news" when in fact it is nothing of the sort. This community covers every single demographic one can think of. So..... That in itself would make all of America weird. LOL. And the cool thing about it is that we all have different situations but we all enjoy the same thing. Dolls are cool and so are the people here.
Thanks Dave(Midiman) for getting this story to someone who has tact. :thumbs_up:

http://www.coverdoll.com/drupal/
i think i know that 19 year old :p

gotta say awesome interview midi! so happy! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

dwaynel2

Post by dwaynel2 »

couldn't enter Canada due to the doll? Why? Does Canada actually have an official position regarding these dolls?

hanuman37
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by hanuman37 »

This is good... a much better spin than the recent UK magazine article. Well done. :)

INFORMATIONS