SexDollAmerica.com

1st Annual Christmas Giveaway!!!

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
nooserhang

Re: 1st Annual TDF Memorial Christmas Giveaway!!!

Post by nooserhang »

Yeah, the whole proposal sounds like a nice idea and a tender tribute to Wetswit, I didn't get to know him but the many good things people say have created a positive image in my mind, U know, words can paint too.

I beg your pardon, I have showed my bad manners in this thread and I want to apologize and explain the why of my previous posts. I'm a very emotional and creative guy but I'm a lot short sighted too, sometimes I tend to focus just in a detail of the picture instead of the whole painting.

I know and respect the rules and I'd like to propose a funny and creative way to ensure the receiver of the gift would keep the doll, needless to say I'll stick to my idea if it happens I'm the winner. This funny idea would be PICS :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: everybody here loves doll spam I guess, so the winner could send pics of him to the donor via PM before dollie is shipped and then the receiver could send pics of him/her with dollie, again via PM, once she arrives, just my 2 cents, and the pics would remain private unless both parts involved agree to publish them, of course such pics could be set in a creative way or something. I won't have a problem with posting pics of me and dollie, on the contrary, I'd be glad doing it. in case I'm the winner (here it goes again, the passionate, bullheaded and short sighted part of me) Dollie would be the Colombian connection, I mean, I would post photo stories and series...dollie wouldn't only fulfill my sex drive but also, and most likely, my creative drive too, just think about Calvin and Hobbes...ooops, post too long and I'm being stupid, it's better if I shout STFU to myself ;)
Vale más una sintética leal que diez armadas

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

citris1 wrote:I wonder if Dollforum itself could hold a raffle and offer a doll as a prize?
That's a tough one... It should be "doable", technically, but in all other aspects, I'd expect big trouble. It would have to be done by management, but probably no one in there has the unlimited trust of every single member. I remember when recently, we tried to collect money to buy some "court manuscripts" and it ended up in a big mess. (don't even know what happened to the money donated)...
nooserhang wrote:Yes girl U're right (as usual, not a compliment, it's just that I've read most of your posts and U seem to be a very prudent and nice gal), corruption is an issue but since history of corruption has had its major chapters here in my country, there are a couple of associations devoted to the protection of costumers here and I've talked with one of their leaders, he has told me about laws here and from his perspective importing a doll to Colombia is doable.
Yes, remember what I said in my p.m. : There probably is corruption everywhere and anywhere, in any country. I for one prefer those countries openly admitting "yes, we have corruption and it IS an issue", like yours, over those countries denying (like mine) and saying "corruption, us ? naaaah... we're clean and honest, but look at (insert country)..." (pointing with finger)
nooserhang wrote: yes I know I was talking to U about adopting your synth clone, that was before the bureaucrats here at my college had denied me my re-entrance, money was not a problem then because my mom agreed to give me a dollie instead of a car once I got my degree...but now...no degree, no dollie.
D'OOH. :cry: Didn't know about that...
nooserhang wrote:she'd have some bodyguards in case the customs guys wanted to play the wise guy...no, I'm not talking about guys in black leather jackets and shades but about my mom, two lawyers, me and the leader of the costumer protection association
Sounds like a good task force. :P
Netwit wrote:I was wondering if someone knowledgable should post the rules in other languages, French perhaps, for the members for whom english is not their primary language.
I could translate to German.
If needed, send me a pm with the final wording, TJ.

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

I am not a lawyer but anytime you start getting money for a raffle it can be subject to wagering laws. I think this is why TDF has shied away from this in the past.

I think it's an awesome gesture. It's very easy to keep one of these beautiful dolls. TJ must know how much joy he's going to give someone.

We live in a world of people defined by what they have, rarely do we see someone defined by what they give.
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

Vanessa wrote:I could translate to German.
Thanks, V, very cool of you.
Perhaps the Rules can be prefaced with the purpose of the tribute too.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

nooserhang

Post by nooserhang »

I can translate to Spanish :P

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Changing the subject slightly here, what about those members (LovesBlackWomen for example) who own self converted manniquins? And what about plushies? Or foam filled inflatables (again, home made)? Are they disqualified as owning a "solid doll of any kind"?
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

A storefront mannequin doesn't exactly qualify as a doll, it's a mannequin, and foam filled inflatable dolls are still in essence, inflatable dolls, so are allowed.
Plush dolls are solid dolls, so members owning those would be excluded.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

nooserhang

Post by nooserhang »

Vanessa wrote:
citris1 wrote:I wonder if Dollforum itself could hold a raffle and offer a doll as a prize?
That's a tough one... It should be "doable", technically, but in all other aspects, I'd expect big trouble. It would have to be done by management, but probably no one in there has the unlimited trust of every single member. I remember when recently, we tried to collect money to buy some "court manuscripts" and it ended up in a big mess. (don't even know what happened to the money donated)...
nooserhang wrote:Yes girl U're right (as usual, not a compliment, it's just that I've read most of your posts and U seem to be a very prudent and nice gal), corruption is an issue but since history of corruption has had its major chapters here in my country, there are a couple of associations devoted to the protection of costumers here and I've talked with one of their leaders, he has told me about laws here and from his perspective importing a doll to Colombia is doable.
Yes, remember what I said in my p.m. : There probably is corruption everywhere and anywhere, in any country. I for one prefer those countries openly admitting "yes, we have corruption and it IS an issue", like yours, over those countries denying (like mine) and saying "corruption, us ? naaaah... we're clean and honest, but look at (insert country)..." (pointing with finger)

Yeah I remember, BTW sorry for not having answered your last PM. It's not that corrupt ones here accept they are corrupts, it's just that they are too obvious they can't hide, their mistakes are big fat and pink. Another thing that worries me and it's the real problem is envy, ppl here seems to be envious of other ppl all the time. In case a dollie could be sent to here it might happen that the customs officer, here they are low rank cops with little to no education at all (may be that's why they are there), decides he has to open that big box because it may contain a big ammount of drugs (how stupid it sounds, we export drugs, that's why marihuana and coke are so expensive in Europe :P so a box coming from another place is no problem, the problem is more likely to be in parcels going out of here) and then he sees this beautiful big doll sitting there...then the guy has a flash back to his childhood...he hardly had a toy because his father preferred to spent the money in beer and prostitutes. How unfair, he could think,"I'd never had a toy, now I have to work very hard protecting my country...and while I'm working in this low wage shit there are other adults like me, who still have time to play with beautiful dolls while I have nothing..." then he discovers dollie is complete and almost perfect to the minimum detail and...yes...he's a man,he thinks, so he thinks he has to do what a man has to do and then he does it...he brutally rapes the doll. Then he's aware he has messed it up and that their uppers will go after him because the receiver would set a reclaim form for his/her doll. Then he (custom cop) decides the doll is stuffed with drugs but his real thought is that the new owner doesn't deserve the parcel sent to him/her, besides that, he has to cover the evidence of the rape...so it's axe time. And this whole mess just because the poor cop feels he's having another bad day while the rest of the wolrd is having fun.
nooserhang wrote: yes I know I was talking to U about adopting your synth clone, that was before the bureaucrats here at my college had denied me my re-entrance, money was not a problem then because my mom agreed to give me a dollie instead of a car once I got my degree...but now...no degree, no dollie.
D'OOH. :cry: Didn't know about that...
And it was just because a teacher decided I was too rude by telling a class mate he had to do his own site for the class since I considered it was not fair me being plainly rejected but asked to work for the same teacher that got me out of the college. Envy and anger all time seem to be the mark of middle-class Colombian (BTW, I'm no middle class, I'm nearly a beggar :P)
nooserhang wrote:she'd have some bodyguards in case the customs guys wanted to play the wise guy...no, I'm not talking about guys in black leather jackets and shades but about my mom, two lawyers, me and the leader of the costumer protection association
Sounds like a good task force. :P
Of course, such a beautiful work of art is worth even the guys in black shades ;)
Netwit wrote:I was wondering if someone knowledgable should post the rules in other languages, French perhaps, for the members for whom english is not their primary language.
I could translate to German.
Although it sound a little bit pointless I can translate them to Spanish

chdgs
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by chdgs »

3. Entrants must have at least 50 total posts as of today (June 27, 2011). **UPDATED**

4. Entrants must have posted within the last 60 days as of yesterday's date.
Argh! If only I didn't just lurk so much. Though I never really have much to say...

Good luck to the participants and congratulations to the winner. TJ347, your generosity is very commendable, even if it is in the form of an essay competition.

TheOne
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheOne »

I am absolutely thrilled that the requirements were changed and that I just barely now qualify.

I look forward to more information regarding the essay format, etc as it becomes available.

I can't believe the generosity being put forth by creating this giveaway, absolutely incredible. :mrgreen:

Neverlost
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Neverlost »

I check out what is going on around here almost daily.... guess I should have posted more being I am
about 10 posts shy of 50.

Silvia
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: 1st Annual Christmas Giveaway!!!

Post by Silvia »

oh the noes lol...... :whistle:

I check the forums almost daily, but rarely actually log in! I used to post pretty often, but other than posting...."damn, I wish I had a doll as hot as yours." I didn't have much else to contribute lol. So I just sort of pop by without logging in, check my favorite topics and pop out.

This is a great contest! I am not sure if I meet the entry requirements anymore, though.

Is there a way for me to check?

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

These are the rules,submitted by TJ, as they stand at the moment Silvia......

Please note that the entry period for the 1st Annual Christmas Giveaway will begin on October 1, 2011. However, the rules for entrant eligibility have been decided and are as follows:

1. Entrants must be valid members of TDF (i.e. 18 years of age or older).

2. Entrants must have a membership date of January 1, 2011 or earlier.

3. Entrants must have at least 50 total posts as of today (June 27, 2011). **UPDATED**

4. Entrants must have posted within the last 60 days as of yesterday's date.

5. Entrants cannot currently own a solid doll of any kind. **UPDATED**

6. Entrants cannot be or have ever been members of TDF staff, or members of the staff of any other doll-oriented forum.

7. Entrants cannot be employed by any current or former manufacturer in any capacity whatsoever.

8. Entrants cannot submit more than one entry under any circumstances.

9. Entrants cannot reside in a region where delivery of a sex doll is known to be extremely difficult, if not nearly impossible.

10. Previous contest winners are ineligible for subsequent contests (this not being an issue presently, as this is the inaugural contest).

In addition to being immediately disqualified if any of the above terms are violated, entrants will be disqualified if:

1. A review of their recent posting history shows an inordinate amount of sudden deletions, as this may indicate efforts to hide ineligibility for this contest.

2. Evidence is presented at any point that they have contacted a party involved with selecting a winner for this contest in an attempt to secure their vote, dissuade said party from voting for another entrant, or otherwise influence the process.

3. There is discovered to be a relationship between an entrant and a party involved with selecting a winner for this contest sufficient to meet the definition of other parties involved in the selection process as a conflict of interest.

4. The entrant is deemed as having disrespected the spirit of the contest at any time.

5. A party involved in selecting a winner for this contest objects to an entry for another reason I deem valid.

The entry period will begin on October 1, 2011 and will end on October 14, 2011. All entrants will be required to submit an essay, the nature of which will be announced closer to the start date of the contest so as not to have potential entrants begin submitting essays at this time. Accordingly, please do not PM me as to why you believe you should win this contest. I can assure you that this is not what the topic of the essay will be, and such a PM would be evidence that you have contacted a party involved with selecting a winner for this contest in an attempt to influence his vote, and thus be cause for immediate disqualification. While you may nonetheless choose to post in that regard, doing so would be a complete waste of your time.

Finally, with regard to the contest winner being able to select whatever doll he or she chooses from any current manufacturer, I have decided to establish a hard limit of $8,500 US including shipping costs. Any costs exceeding that will be your sole responsibility, as will any taxes you may be required to pay in your jurisdiction. I have spent nearly an hour this morning talking to a family friend who also happens to be an attorney, and there may or may not be tax implications depending on where the doll is shipped and several other factors I cannot control, though this appears to be a problem one would face only if the doll was delivered to certain parts of the United States. So, if the taxman cometh, he will cometh for you alone. Be sure to have sufficient funds to pay any taxes that may be due on your doll, should you win.

So, that's it for now and I will provide final instructions as we get closer to the start of the contest. I am very excited about this contest, and hope that everyone who is eligible to participate will. I'm sure it will go some way toward helping to grow our community, and hopefully the number of participating members we have here going forward. Thank you all for your time!

PaintChip
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by PaintChip »

happy panda face, This is such a awesome thing your doing :D

sad panda face, I haven't been a member long enough :(

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

Well this is good and ensures an active member gets a doll.

Last doll I gave away disappeared into the Ether. I should've picked someone instead of doing a drawing .
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

INFORMATIONS