realsexdoll.com

New Hannah Harper Doll...

Palace of the plastic princess. Usually ranging from $15 to $300
Mindyflyer

New Hannah Harper Doll...

Post by Mindyflyer »

I just got a new Hannah Harper doll, and she's absolutley gorgeous, only one problem. Her right arm keeps popping off the socket. Is there a fix for this? Poor girl, it's really not very becomming.
New job, new town, new doll, new album:http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=12546

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: New Hannah Harper Doll...

Post by AGL »

Yeah, had this issue with a couple of my girlz too. I've tried a few different fixes, but the only one that seemed to work was the last.

It involves putting a small dab of 5 minute epoxy on the inside of the arm socket in a triangular pattern right at the top of the socket. When cured, they act like little tabs, thereby holding the ball in the socket better. Seems to work pretty well. See the pic for a better understanding.

I would rough up the three areas where the epoxy goes slightly first with fine sandpaper, then clean them with alcohol for better adhesion. Also, try to keep the arm socket perpendicular to the floor until the epoxy cures, otherwise it will run into the socket.

Hope it helps. BTW, congrats; Hannah's one of my faves. Good luck with her.
Attachments
Arm Socket Mod.jpg
Arm Socket Mod.jpg (231.68 KiB) Viewed 5616 times

aeroplastique
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by aeroplastique »

I have the same problem with my Kandi Boxx doll. One of her arms pops out occasionally. Still haven't found a solution for that, so I'm also curious. Any doll doctor around here? :)

aeroplastique
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by aeroplastique »

Hi airgirluvr,
I hadn't seen your post before posting my previous message. Thanks for the advice. This is definitely worth a try..

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Good to hear from you - Mindflyer - we all missed you - :thumbs_up:

Excellent idea - AGL - i have never really had any good luck with these issues which are very common on these NANMA/ CONBO made dolls - there are two types the older with ridges and this type as shown by AGL pics of "gasp" Hannah Harper - the later type as seen in these pics are are a press fit by the factory more of a friction type instal VS the older style ridges pressed onto other ridges -

I would follow AGL advice - Mindflyer - as ole AGL has proven very much successfull in his approach to repairs - i have late followed his detailed repairs with much success - thanks AGL - :thumbs_up:

I have had some success with just pressing the arm socket back into place with a little gusto - but - only with the doll fully deflated and no air left in the arms to prevent any damage - while not permament repair it allows for a quick fix without use of glues - but - yes at some time it will pop out again

Good luck - Mindflyer - always great to hear from you again & best of luck with your new Hannah Harper doll - :angel:

Happy Trails

Mindyflyer

Post by Mindyflyer »

Thanks for the warm welcome, Yorktown. Didn't mean to be away so long. You guys have been like a second family to me. Would still love to do a local meet some day. I'll give that plan a try. I've noticed that when she's deflated I can snap the ball back on, but the right arm pops off rather easily. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.
New job, new town, new doll, new album:http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=12546

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Yup - Mindflyer - thats the problem with just using the friction method - it does hold with my girls for some time - but - after a bit of clear air turbulance - :mrgreen: - they tend to pop back out - :D

Not sure why on some of the NANMA made dolls the arms never come off - where on some others such as my Gina Lynn its a constant problem - :whistle:

Any way its always great to see you back in action - and give a shout out on the 'unicom' anytime your over head - :angel:

Happy Trails

NewAirHH

Post by NewAirHH »

My Hannah Harper doll also has a way of losing her left (right as you face her) arm. It's not too hard to reattach, but definitely not made for a lot of activity -- if I need to bend it while dressing Hannah, I hold it close to the shoulder to keep it in place.

Hannah's ankles are too weak to stand unless I really pressurize her. I agree with those who wrote that she is more cuddly when not as tightly inflated. Her best feature is that angelic face, and those nipples are a real turn-on to rub. Her 'openings' are a nice material, but rather hard. and difficult to penetrate. I wonder if I dare warm them with a blow dryer just before use. Meanwhile, they are fun to rub through whatever she is wearing.
"Baby think about me all night long"

genesis218
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by genesis218 »

My fix for Hannah Harper and beautiful Barbra Bucanon dolls not standing on their own is coating the lower legs and ankles with a clear silicone adhesive sealant which strengthens them. I alway have them wearing stockings or bodystockings and you won't even see the repair. My problem with these doll are they eventually leak air (I keep them inflated all the time) even after I first reenforce their weak side seams before hand when their new. It's hard to find those small leaks.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi!

The secret to getting her standing is to buy boots for her to wear and possibly cardboard reinforcement inside those . . .

The problem with arms popping off and of the entry being tight is firstly overinflation and secondly one needs to wipe lubrication (I use saliva) onto the relevant area. Overinflation makes the PVC outer joint expand.

However, having damaged her, a recent post describes using glue to restore the bite of the joint to stop it coming apart but also, I enjoy action whilst holding the shoulders or you can grip the bum, enclosing the arms so stopping their desire to be awkward . . .

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

NewAirHH

Post by NewAirHH »

:deadhorse: More about the arm -- Recently I tried leaving my Hannah's arm off overnight, and snapping it back on the next day. It seems to have worked -- the arm moves more freely without tending to snap off again. Plastic memory, I guess. :fingerscrossed:
"Baby think about me all night long"

Barbarous
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Barbarous »

My Hannah loses control and her arm on occasion but it always pops right back in. My new Sophia Inked doesn't have that problem not sure why - her arms fit snug in the sockets.

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

Hi and welcome to the forum, Barbarous.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

Barbarous
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Barbarous »

Thanks for the welcome Netwit, been lurking for quite some time. For some reason had difficulty getting registered but I have arrived. Great information and guidance, Great people.

INFORMATIONS