Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Powdering Idea

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Inuyasha

Powdering Idea

Post by Inuyasha »

I was getting my hair cut today, and the barber used something that made me think that would be awesome to have for Svetlana. The barber had a duster brush that they usually use on the back of your neck, but this one had powder stored in the handle that could be dispensed into the bristles as needed. It would seem this would make powdering quite easy. They are less than $10 at barber supply sites. I think I will get one and try it out.

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

I was thinking about that to but, 2 problemas :o

#1...her skin will literally soak up the powder, you really need to rub it in.....which leads to #2....using a duster brush doesn't let you have all the FUN of just rubbing that powder all over her georgous body :onfire:

It's fun, believe me :lol:

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Body maybe, but do not rub powder on her face, unless you want to rub her face paint off. All dolls have a blush on the cheeks, even those ordered with no makeup. Powder is abrasive, and this paint will come off if you rub. I know, it happened to Darcy. There's a bare spot on her cheek, too small to be noticed in pictures. But if I had continued rubbing, it would have become noticable.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

Thanks JR. I remember reading on here about avoiding the face when powdering because even baby powder being brushed or patted on is a bit abrasive. I am going to give this a look-n-see for powdering the body though. If the bristles are a bit hard, I will just use a blush brush instead which has very soft bristles, but no built-in dispenser.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

I never did find a real large powder puff. So I use brush I got from supermarket that's supposed to be for cooking, thinking that it would be less abrasive than a paint brush. I didn't think of hair brush idea. It might be a good idea. However, when I powder I <i>only use the weight of the light brush.</i>

I agree w/JR. Do not rub in powder - only I think the powder should not be rubbed into the body. I've read that many times - about the silicone soaking up the powder. I've never known what that's about it. I've had Darlene 6 months and only brush lightly.

Yes - keep powder away from paint - no matter how light you put it on. Especially keep the powder away from the cheeks - even if you ordered Natural look.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

INFORMATIONS