Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

How much have you spent? .... A poll....

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

How much have you spent?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:04 am

$0 - $100
No votes
$100 - $250
18%
$250 - $500
27%
$500 - $1,000
45%
More than the doll cost
9%

Total votes: 11

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

How much have you spent? .... A poll....

Post by midnight »

Fellow Realdoll owners (never thought I'd be able to say that :) ) .......just wondering how much you have spent on your lady (or gentleman) since they joined you ?
I mean clothes, shoes, make-up, wigs, jewelry, perfume, accesories, etc.

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

I had to buy the stuff to build a dolly this weekend to move Svetlana around. That set me back about $100 for materials and hardware. I also bought some costume jewelry, some wigs, some shoes, some lingerie and some clothes this week after she arrived. Before she arrived, I bought some photographic lighting and some supplies to keep her clothes and closet organized. I haven't added it all up exactly, but I would guess I have dropped about $2000 on her when I total it all up. Clothes, shoes, and lingerie really add up.

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

I didn't vote, as I have yet to order my Doll.

But I've already set aside $1000 to get my attic storage set up.

Insulation, flooring. lighting, foam padding, sheets to keep the dust off, etc etc etc...

I'll probably start Monday.

Davecat
iDollator
iDollator

cha-CHING!

Post by Davecat »

The most I've really spent on Shi-chan would be for her retrofitting (that includes the shipping & handling), then her seifuku, then her Guybrows. Then there are the clothes, shoes, and wigs. Her Hello Kitty 'massager'. A repair kit. Makeup, and accesories for fashion & maintenance. O! Might as well factor in a website & a domain name into the deal.. <visions ov dollar bills with Sidore's laughing face on them sprouting wings and taking flight>
However, it goes without saying that she's worth every penny. :thumbs_up:
+ + + + +

'Shouting to hear the echoes'. Life-like texture ;_;
http://www.kuroneko-chan.com/echoes

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Re: How much have you spent? .... A poll....

Post by Ricardo »

midnight wrote:Fellow Realdoll owners (never thought I'd be able to say that :) ) .......just wondering how much you have spent on your lady (or gentleman) since they joined you ?
I mean clothes, shoes, make-up, wigs, jewelry, perfume, accesories, etc.
hmmm ...

Brent isn't a doll (as was so fervently pointed out) but a mannequin ... the things I've purchased for him will of course fit his "doll" version as well ... but I suppose I've spent at least $100 on clothing and costume jewelry. The great thing is, the clothes I wore 20 years ago fit him now! And resale shops like Salvation Army, ARC, etc., and bargain stores like Ross, and Burlington Coat Factory, are great for clothing. He doesn't care if they're "irregular" or slightly imperfect. Dollar stores are great for costume jewelry (serpentine bracelets, necklaces) and they won't tarnish on him! I even like buying shirts for him that I know are too small, they either fit really tight, look like he's outgrowing them, or can just be displayed open. Oh, and my shoes fit him! :wink:

I can imagine for the doll I'll end up spending more, but will still hunt those bargains. :snipersmile: :twisted:
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Doll people,

I think we should be a bit creative when buying stuff for our lady's that will save us a lot money.
E.g. using E-bay, garage sales and so on.
Would like if I know a very rich woman with the same sizes as Helen :lol:.
OTOH I have heard that buying clothing for a RD is very difficult. It has to fit!
When using normal post order shops you can sent it back if it doesn't fit.
OTOH post order shops don't sell always the quality I want.
So maybe I'll get some expensive, e.g. newest Truimph lingery for my lady :lol:.
Haven't experience yet, will come as soon as I've saved enough money to let Helen come home 8) 8) 8)
But I think this hobby, if you accumulate the amounts will soon costs US$ 500 - 1000 for clothing!

mytime
One dream, one mission...

larryb22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by larryb22 »

Thlough I don't have a Realdoll, I guess like Ricardo, my manniquin kinda qualifies. I have spent at least $200 on her clothes in the last few months.
(Fortunately she can wear some of the wifes outfits.) There may be an average amount spent on "doll" clothes, but what you will spend depends on your needs. Hell dolls and mannequins don't need the clothes, we do.
So if you can afford more, and you really like seeing your "doll" dressed they way you like, you'll spend more.
In the last several years I have purchased in excess of $5,000,00 worth of vintage lingerie (bras, girdles, slips, stockings) for the wife to pose for photos in. That's not counting lots of high heels, boots and glossy pantyhose, costumes like Hooters, Lil Red Riding Hood, Nuns, nurse unitforms, corsets latex outfits etc. Why? Because I like that stuff and seeing her wearing it is a hell of a turn on.
Perhaps we feed some of our fetishes through dressing our "dols"?
Do take advantage of Ebay and such, but you should know the items real value so you don't over pay. I have found lots of cool clothes at used stores and Goodwill. Goodwill has 50% off sales on some Saturdays. I have bought satin blouses, mini skirts and the like for a little as $1.50.

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

I think dressing the dolls feeds fetishes in a major way. I am a serious legs and lingerie fan. I love the look of classic pumps, stockings, garters, and bras or bustiers on a woman. Unfortunately, I have had far to few girlfriends that liked those things as well. Part of the fun of having a doll is fantasizing about what it would be like if I ever found one of those special ladies who likes wearing those sexy things, having those things bought for her knowing how I enjoy seeing her wear them, and having her look good in them. Maybe someday I will find someone like that. Time will tell.

INFORMATIONS