Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Warming experiment complete....

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Warming experiment complete....

Post by midnight »

Some of you have seen the tiny closet that my girl stays in when I'm not home. My idea today was to hang her up, then put a small blow dryer in the closet, turn it on to low, place it on the floor with it pointing away from her...and close the door.
I went back in an hour and low and behold, Melanie was warm; all over :D
Not really WARM, warm but, not bad. A little longer in the "heat-room," and she might get toasty in a safe way...........the electric blanket I got a couple of weeks ago didn't work too well; too spotty (cold one place and hot in another.)

rcoggins
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rcoggins »

Midnight,

Be VERRY VERRY carefull with the hand held electric hair dryers, they are not designed for prolonged use. I have had one catch on fire on me after about an hour of continuse use.

Good luck,

Cody

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

I've a problem w/electric blanket as well.
Yes - I had blow drying simply conk out (no fire) one time when I thought it would speed up freezer defrost.

Electric blanket does not seem to work well unless on above lowest setting, fold blanket in half, and try to push blanket around the sides of her arms and legs. It still takes 2 hours.

I think it was Sith Lord who came up with a heater you can insert into the vagina, but that doesn't warm the body.

My best guess is silicone is a mineral, and as such, absorbs heat, making the body seem really cold. Especially if you live up North.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

There are safe heaters... these recirculate glycol through them. They can only reach a maximum temperature of about 130 degrees. I have one that is several years old... we have had an inflatable doll lye directly on top of the heater with no damage.

If you are going to heat a small area... this is the way to do it.

Jerry

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

Yeah Midnight, I would definitely not advise running a blow dryer for more than a few minutes at a time. It isn't designed to be run contstantly, and can get hot enough to catch things on fire if it overheats. Fortunately, they are usually built with failsafes to prevent people from burning their houses down, like parts that will burn out and kill the power before the dryer gets too hot and melts through its casing.

What you might try is an electric space heater like you would buy for a small room. They are designed to run for longer periods. If you put it on its highest setting, in a closet, it might work even better than a blow dryer . Make sure you keep an eye on it or set a cooking timer or your watch alarm to remind you to check on it at least every hour.

The safest way is probably the electric blanket, but it probably takes the longest to heat her up with. As Inkling and others have mentioned if you get a double bed size or larger blanket your can wrap her up completely and surround her with the heat source speeding up the process.

The nature of silicone is that it is rather impervious to heat and cold, which is why they use it as an outdoor sealant. The doll might seem cold, but that is because room temperature is probably 20 to 30 degrees cooler than your skin, which feels pretty cool. Ironically on a hot summer night, you might like cuddling with your Realdoll Popsicle. Aah, frosty relief.

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

:oops: :oops: :oops: ....All-righty then. Plan B :D

(Seemed like a good idea at the time) Washington Post headline: " 2 casualties tonite in a fire...one, a human male & the other was what seemed to be a life size silicone doll. It seems the human was trying to save the doll but tripped and fell due to its weight, and both were consumed by the flames. The police have ruled out homicide."

Thanks for the warnings and advice folks... :wink:

rcoggins
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rcoggins »

Midnight,

I loved your last post :D . If you decide to use an electric space heater look for an oil filled one rather than one with open coils or elements. These are much safer. I use them all winter and have only had problems with one of them. It develoed a leak after it was only about a month old. The manufacturer replaced it for me.
Good luck,

Cody

P. S. I went on a trail ride yesterday and was kicked in the shin by a horse named Midnight :oops: Supprised the heck out of me since I had ridden around this horse a lot and it had never done anything like that before. Hurt like hell.

Fargo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Fargo »

rcoggins wrote
P. S. I went on a trail ride yesterday and was kicked in the shin by a horse named Midnight Supprised the heck out of me since I had ridden around this horse a lot and it had never done anything like that before. Hurt like hell.
OH MY GOD!! 8O If that was for real, then I am sorry to hear that! there was this time when a horse stepped in my right foot, and you might guess that it didn´t feel very pretty :roll:

Well, I vote for the option of room heaters commonly used for winters, BUT, after heating your Real Doll, do you know what´s the best and safest way to keep her warm with the heather turned off? well, the answer is..........

ALUMINUM FOIL

No, I am not joking, and I do know that a Real Dolls isn´t a baked potatoe, lol, :roll: , but there are blankets for emergency cases made of this material, it is golden from one side, and silver colored from the other side, I remember that I got one like these as a souvenier after visiting Kennedy´s Space Center in Florida, this kind of blankets are very helpful when someone suffers from hypotermia, the victim is wraped in one of these, so his body temperature can be kept at a safe degree of heat, even astrounauts carry some of these on space missions.

Well, that´s just my suggestion of the day :wink:

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

One other thing I thought of. If you keep anything in that closet for Melanie, like lipstick, you might not want to turn the closet into a sauna for her unless you take the lipstick out first. Lipstick and other makeups might not like it if you get that closet too warm. The oil filled radiator space heater is a pretty good idea. They are generally safer than their exposed heating coil based brethren.

Now what would be slick would be if Matt could embed a heating coil in the doll, so you could just plug her in to warm her up, but I would be the product liability insurance for such a modification would make it cost prohibitive. Anything that heats up and is probably going to be left laying around on beds or on chairs is a major fire risk if something goes wrong, which means costly insurance for the manufacturer to protect themself in the event someones house burns down due to a defect in the doll's heater. Still, that would solve a lot of the problems with warming the dolls and keeping them warm.

cranke

suggestionz

Post by cranke »

i'm sure someone has already tried this, and it may be a major pain in the ass but, how about putting the doll in a warm bath or hot tub before use? i don't own a doll so i can't be sure if u should even put one in water? just a suggestion. another suggestion: i have a small electric heater that is 10x10 inches, it weighs about 5pounds...this little thing will heat an entire room for about a dollar a day...and there are no exposed coils that could possibly start a fire. its better than any space heater ive ever used. and you can set the degree of temp manually. i think they have them at best buy or check out your local hardware store.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Cranke, and others

Realdolls aren't the ultimate pool-babe's.
Water can leak trough small tears in the silicone.
The realdoll skeleton is made of iron and will start to rust very easily.
And your beauty ends on scrapheap.
So better put her in a warm environment, or in an electric blanket or in a waterbed.
Rule no.1. is to take care that you and the doll are safe.
A 6 K doll lost due to the fact that you only want to raise her body temperature few degrees of Kelvin... isn't funny...

mytime
One dream, one mission...

rcoggins
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rcoggins »

Hay Fargo,

It’s true, I was riding a green broke horse that is truly a handful. A buddy of mine was also riding a green broke horse that I am very familiar with and it kicked me just above my right ankle. I was lucky, the horse was at a distance from me so it was at the end of the kick stroke and I was riding a western saddle with my boots in the stirrups. On a western saddle there is a wide leather strap that comes in front of your boot over the shin, that is where the horse kicked me. Between the protection of the strap, my boots , and my jeans I only got a burse and a large welt on my leg.
I have been riding all my life (I’m 45) I have been stepped on, Kicked, bitten and just about every thing else you can imagine that a horse can do to you. I can appreciate what it feels like to have a horse step on you, it has happened many times to me. The worst was when I was about 6 years old and my horse stepped on me when I was standing on a brick sidewalk bare footed.and would not move OUCH 8O . You have to remember I am from Texas and a LOT of people here ride horses. No we don’t all own the South Fork Ranch, as I don’t, wish I did, but it just isn’t true.

Inuyasha

I can just see it now, the fireman rushes into the burning bedroom and sees this gorgeous babe on the bed in a state of melt down. He gets on the radio and says “ Hay chief, you gotta come see this. There is a knock out blond in here in the midst of spontaneous melt down.” Don’t think I want to be there to have to explain that one. :?

Later Guys
Cody

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

Has anyone tried an electric blanket under a quilt?

This is what I was going to try.

Regarding space heaters. I've had two of the coil and fan type. Each one lasted about 5 years. And when they gave up the ghost, they just stopped.

This type is popular in Michigan, and so long as you keep them at least a couple inches away from anything flammable, they're safe. And cheap.

Mahtek

Fargo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Fargo »

rcoggins, it surprises me to know how "well" ( :roll: ) you get along with horses, lol, when I horse stepped on my foot, it did hurt, even tough that the horse wasn´t that big, but at least, I was wearing sneakers at the time, but you suffering the same luck been barefooted?! 8O , ouch,.......

I can see that you have a Slam Dunk character as your avatar, do you like anime or something? (cuz I do! :razz: )

rcoggins
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rcoggins »

Hi Fargo,

The avatar I picked was just a reandom selection, have never really been into aname.

later,
Cody

INFORMATIONS