Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Powdering of Face; Clarification Please

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Thomas44

Powdering of Face; Clarification Please

Post by Thomas44 »

I am always reading where it is not a good idea to powder the face as the paint will eventually come off. Questions I have are:

1) Is it the rubbing that hurts the paint?

2) Abyss says to use a powdered based make-up on the face - same results?

3) Seems like a foundation, nice blush and maybe some different eye-shadow (all powder based) could really enhance the already beautiful dolls face.

It seems if one puts a light coat, with a soft brush, it should not damage the underlying paint - right?

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Certainly rubbing is what caused the problems I had. However, I have not used powder at all since then, so I can't say from experience whether light powdering is safe or not. I tried using a puff at one point, but was not happy with the results. I ought to try a brush, but never got around to it. Maybe that barber thing somebody mentioned would work if you were careful.

I suspect that very light powdering is okay, but I will not guarantee that. Just remember that powder is abrasive and the face paint is delicate, at least in comparison to the underlying silicone.

When Abyss says to use powder, this is in comparison with oil-based makeup, which is apparently does not work well with silicone. They don't really address the abrasion issue at all.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

Powdering occassionally with a very soft and small brush by very gently dabbing powder probably wont be to bad, but keep in mind that powder is slightly abrasive, so it could damage the paint even if you are very careful. I would probably stay away from painted areas like the cheeks unless I really had to. Those are the most prominently painted places. Ditto if you doll has eye shadow on her. Now if you don't mind applying makeup regularly, you can probably go ahead and do this, since the damage would be covered by the makeup. However, once the painted areas start peeling it may not look very good even with makeup. I would be very judicious about powdering the face. I guess one bonus now with the face X system is that if you fouled up a face really bad, you can order a replacement. You could also get several of the same faces with different factory makeup.

BTW, I checked out a barbers brush, but it is too coarse for anything but the body and even then, I passed on it, because it just seemed a little too rough. I figured the compact pad or a large makeup powder brush would work better.

FYI, I powdered Svetlana's body last night, it took me about half an hour to do using a compact pad. The next time I powder her I will try it with a makeup brush and see if that speeds things up.

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Hi Guys,

Click Here

You might like to read the posts preceding mine. One of which is Matt's definite formula for powdering.

Cheers, George.
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

INFORMATIONS