betterlovedoll.com

Sex With Robots Festival

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sex With Robots Festival

Post by RainLover »

BWW News Desk wrote:In this festival by NYIT Award-nominated Caps Lock Theatre, enjoy an evening of eight short plays, all about sex with robots. Nine playwrights offer a window into our humanity as their characters project their messy desires onto their mechanical lovers.

CAPS LOCK THEATRE does funny, ugly, human plays. We like plays where people are at both their worst and their best; where people screw each other-or themselves-over, and have to find a way to deal with it; where people's hearts hurt, or open, or blossom. We also believe in fun. Our plays will probably make you laugh. Probably more than once. And, we believe in creating art by whatever means necessary. If we are fortunate enough to piece together enough resources for lavish sets and fabulous special effects, awesome. If (more likely) we have to make work on a shoestring budget, on-the-fly, in an unconventional location, then we'll do that and still knock your socks off.
2013-10-02 Broadway World - Caps Lock Theatre Sex With Robots Festival.jpg
2013-10-02 Broadway World - Caps Lock Theatre Sex With Robots Festival.jpg (137.29 KiB) Viewed 864 times
Complete article and photo: :evidence:
http://www.broadwayworld.com/off-off-br ... 0-20131002
:plaidskirt:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Re: Sex With Robots Festival

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

RainLover wrote:
BWW News Desk wrote:In this festival by NYIT Award-nominated Caps Lock Theatre, enjoy an evening of eight short plays, all about sex with robots. Nine playwrights offer a window into our humanity as their characters project their messy desires onto their mechanical lovers.
<snip>

It reminds me of the line from Noel Coward's version of the song "Let's Do It":

"Teenagers squeezed into jeans do it.
Probably we'll live to see machines do it."

It's right after the 3-minute mark:
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

INFORMATIONS