Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Price increase

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Price increase

Post by AnonViking »

Looks like Abyss is increasing the price of dolls starting July 1st, 10-15%.
https://secure.realdoll.com/important-r ... cing-news/

Good thing I have already ordered mine, 6 weeks in :)

But from that page I read I should have received a discount for a full payment in wire-transfer...hmm.... I didn't get any! :( hmm..

Abyss
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: Price increase

Post by Abyss »

Email Annette/Debra they'll get you taken care of or get you an explanation.

Cheers
-Joe
Abyss Creations, LLC.
Sales - sales@realdoll.com (All Sales)
Media - media@realdoll.com (All Media Requests)
Phone - (760) 471 8418
Address -Abyss Creations
475 East Carmel Street
San Marcos, CA 92078

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Indeed, same as you, Anon, I luckily placed my order already, as 10 to 15% is quite an increase, especially considering we in Europe also have to pay additional taxes.

I guess, one of the things it's good for, is the used Realdoll market, with the new product being more expensive, the asking price on a used doll can be higher.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Whisky

Post by Whisky »

shouldn't their prices be dropping because of the competition of other dolls like Viola.............? or other cheaper full silicone dolls just saying. supply and demand. I quese.

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

Whisky wrote:shouldn't their prices be dropping because of the competition of other dolls like Viola.............? or other cheaper full silicone dolls just saying. supply and demand. I quese.
I assume things are going well for RD. They are after all probably one of the oldest silicone doll companies with many years experience in doll production. Plus, nothin' like good ol' 'merican style high end dolls.

though, I would probably never own one of these, I'm a small guy and don't want scoliosis anytime soon :razz:

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

AlexKnight wrote:II guess, one of the things it's good for, is the used Realdoll market, with the new product being more expensive, the asking price on a used doll can be higher.
Humm.. I guess that could be a good thing. Had to move into a smaller house for a few months and the dolls always in the way. Add to that the fact that I've never really "used" it for what it was meant to be use for. To me its just a high priced toy and while I love all my collectible toys this one is always in the way. Thought for a moment about selling her but than remembered other users having a hard time selling off their dolls on this forum to the point were they have had to drop the price way down. I'd rather keep her than give her away for less than half than what I paid for it. She still a nice prop/ decoration after all.

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Whisky wrote:shouldn't their prices be dropping because of the competition of other dolls like Viola.............? or other cheaper full silicone dolls just saying. supply and demand. I quese.
Hi Whisky, theirs however a very great difference between some manufacturers regarding the details on higher and lower priced products.
- skeletons are stronger built
- body style assortment
- head assortment
- customization choices
- extra options
It depends on what a buyer want to do with his doll and for what he wants to spend more or less money.
If all high end doll manufacturers settle to China craftsmanship they surely can dropping prices but is this the real way for the future?
IMO I continue with silicone dolls as I'm not a friend of TPE and I want options.

G'Day, Guy

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Price rise!??

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,....................................
My world just shook and not in a good way,....

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

They are apparently doing good enough to warrant a price increase, and only time will tell if the increase doesn't affect sales too much.
At a 10% increase, the RD2 dolls would be $100 above the current price of the Wicked dolls (that is, if the percentage isn't higher).

To stay competitive, they may have to up their ante on quality and craftsmanship even more, by for example making an even more posable skeleton (like shoulder back-forward movement, as other brands are already offering), or the ability to stand without a stand.

I'm sure this decision didn't come lightly and has been well thought out and I wish Abyss the best of luck.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,...

AlexKnight wrote:
I'm sure this decision didn't come lightly and has been well thought out and I wish Abyss the best of luck.

Amen!
:thumbs_up:

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

Anassilao
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Anassilao »

A factory has own needs and problems. I can understand all technical and marketing reasons due to increasing the doll's price.
It may be a good thing for the american market (usa market), but not for international market, so the duties and taxes in a Custom were calculated on declared value of item.
Then, in Europe, to import a Realdoll now will be cost more and more. It will be more expensive than today.

Indeed, this price increasing can be an advantage for some european brand.
I live in Europe, maybe I could prefer another brand that builds the dolls in a door-to-door EU market (Customs-free). Also the customer has own needs. :wink:

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

IMO they need to open up a factory within the EU. Shipping cost of $1k for me is just over the top, plus the toll... but if the doll was made in EU it would be cheaper to ship and would be toll free.

Those are the deciding factors in the final-price. The cost of the doll from Abyss isn't high, it's quite reasonable, and I could have probably bought two dolls, but it's the added shipping cost, toll, VAT etc. that really drive the cost up for Europeans.

Plus, there are not many doll makers in the EU.

samfaster2413
Ex-Member

Post by samfaster2413 »

I always wanted a realdoll, with that price rise, i think i will have to wait 2 years before buying one, but i will try a TPE doll first.

I'm in canada and i think there is no doll maker here.

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

AnonViking wrote:IMO they need to open up a factory within the EU. Shipping cost of $1k for me is just over the top, plus the toll... but if the doll was made in EU it would be cheaper to ship and would be toll free.

Those are the deciding factors in the final-price. The cost of the doll from Abyss isn't high, it's quite reasonable, and I could have probably bought two dolls, but it's the added shipping cost, toll, VAT etc. that really drive the cost up for Europeans.

Plus, there are not many doll makers in the EU.
AnonViking, a great suggestion. 4woods has done the same way.

:thumbs_up: Guy

broadfall

Post by broadfall »

@RD Matt, its time to start RD Europe. Send molds and supplies to a country n Europe and the dolls can be made there for the European market. No duty or customs charges.
".....a man got to do something to make a living these days"
Dying ain't much of a living..... boy.
-Outlaw Josie Wales

INFORMATIONS