www.beautiful-dolls.com

TPE vs Silicone

Beautiful dolls have been on the market since 2011. They have a wide selection of TPE, silicone and fabric love dolls. They also allow their customers to order custom-made dolls in 3d technology. All the dolls that they sell are 100% original dolls made out of eco-friendly materials that are safe for humans. All dolls are inspected before shipment to the customers. The client is engaged in the development process to tailor the end product to his needs, by exchanging photos and further communication for every customizable detail. Beautiful dolls have the best prices for original dolls on the market. Just contact us, and find out for yourself!. Website: www.beautiful-dolls.com.
DollAfficionado

Re: TPE vs Silicone

Post by DollAfficionado »

Having owned and performed minor repairs on both silicone and TPE, my judgment is that the Silicone doll will make the better long-term doll, although the TPE material does have some advantages of silicone. Sex is awesome with both materials, but the TPE material provides a bit better tactile experience. Both materials are fairly durable, but silicone is more easily repaired. I have enjoyed dolls made of both materials but if I had to choose only one today, I would lean towards a smaller sized silicone doll for maximum durability, minimum repairs, and ease of use.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Teo128

Post by Teo128 »

Before spending thousands bucks on a doll, personally I would request a material sample from the producer to evaluate...
"Love cannot be created in a laboratory!" "Who told u that? I DID IT!" Leonard Vertighel PKNA #22

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

Teo128 wrote:Before spending thousands bucks on a doll, personally I would request a material sample from the producer to evaluate...
Now why didn't we think of that :D (being humorous, not mean):

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 43&t=54840
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... le#p650436
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... le#p649593
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... le#p647978

this one is the most helpful:
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... le#p636706

I think the problem with samples is the high shipping price for a dinky piece of scrap material.

I think we need more Doll Meets! Best way to get up close to lots of doll brands.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

doppler

Post by doppler »

raulwie wrote:Two questions:

1) What's about the smell of silicone dolls?

2) Furthermore there are different types of silicone. The older ones, which I've seen, are very hard. Some types are oiling. What are actually the best silicone types and which companies use them?
I haven't seen anyone complain about smell issues or leaking oil with silicon dolls. It's usually these issues attributed to TPE dolls.

samfaster2413
Ex-Member

Post by samfaster2413 »

doppler wrote:I haven't seen anyone complain about smell issues or leaking oil with silicon dolls. It's usually these issues attributed to TPE dolls.
TPE don't leak, but has a smell that slowly disappear over time. Old Silicon doll were leaking oil, i think it was fixed with Platinum Silicone.

Dees Man
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: DownUnder with Sweet Dee & Nikki and also MaDee, Ally, Ashley, Fubi and Kelly

Post by Dees Man »

KillO7 wrote:Hello there my name is KillO7 and i have been view the forums for some time before becoming a member. I really like seeing all the different dolls i have seen, but i would like to know the difference between TPE dolls and Silicone dolls, which one is better? is TPE better than silicone in terms of being more realistic to the feel of skin of is silicone better? am thinking of getting the Miranda because she looks so cute, but i am not sure?
Hi KillO7,

I've had my silicon 4Woods S+ for a month and Beautiful Dolls Tatiana for a week. To give a VERY short plus & minus, the silicon looks more real, the TPE feels more real (except the boobies).

Sex was better with the Beautiful Doll until I worked out how to with the S+. Her Twine insert is amazing. So now they take turns. 4Woods don't do oral. Oral from my Sabrina head is so close to real its mind blowing.(From what I remember of real :oops: )

Finally got corn starch today (kept forgetting when shopping) and gave them a good slap down. Yeah, I found myself slapping their bellies and butts once covered. Try to resist. Silicon didn't really smell, TPE did but I kind a liked it. Corn starch has majorly reduced the smell.

Miranda is super cute. She is great for photographing as couple of members here have shown and I would imagine is as good in bed as Tatiana as they are so flexible and soft. I thought about Miranda but would have needed to get different clothes. Tatiana and S+ are roughly the same size.

Whoever you get, if you think she's pretty you'll love her and try to stop at one

DM

KillO7

Post by KillO7 »

Thank you very much Dees Man.

raulwie

Post by raulwie »

DollAfficionado wrote: I would lean towards a smaller sized silicone doll for maximum durability, minimum repairs, and ease of use.
This seems to me a good advice.

solitaryman2414

Post by solitaryman2414 »

Tpe is more or less hot melt vinyl which when heated to 350 will melt so keep her cool, as for silicone once cured will not melt. Both are two parts mixed together to make a product, hot melt is heated and poured into the mold and set to cool to turn solid jell, but silicone is best used at about 70 to 80 degresses to cure. I really don't think glue will work on tpe as it is oily, the only way to fix tpe is to melt it[the whole doll]if you don't it will come apart[been their done that]. product made with a foam core and tpe are junk and will come apart. In my next post in a couple days I will show what happens to tpe, foam core products[don't buy you will waste your money].

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

I would not want to store either doll in a non-temperature controlled attic; however, a silicone doll would be able to endure this treatment, while a tpe doll might very well become a hot melted mess depending upon how hot it gets in the Summer in your geographic region. You definitely need to consider the environment in which the doll will be stored prior to purchase.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

dolllovingdog
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolllovingdog »

solitaryman2414 wrote: Tpe is more or less hot melt vinyl ].
Exactly.

TPE is the acronym for Thermoplastic Elastomer, and is a general category of substances, not a specific substance in itself. On this forum, TPE is a B.S. term manufacturers use instead of divulging the true material. The term is similar to FantaFlesh, Sexflesh, whatever. Something similar to hot melt vinyl is the likely material, even though this material does not fall under a traditional TPE class.

The TPE torsos sold on ebay do leak and do smell, and one should be concerned about the plasticizers used in these torsos. However, the doll is different. On this forum, a manufacturer reported test results showing that his dolls were free of the nasty phthalates. (The nastier phthalates were the most common plasticizers for vinyl products.)

Silicone is different. Silicone does not need a plasticizer (and silicone based plasticizers are used when they are needed) and silicone is eminently safe. Pt cured silicone is (or was) only one of two elastomers (rubbers) suitable for use inside the human body. As long as nothing is added, such as makeshift plasticizers, mildewcides, and so forth, then a Pt cured silicone doll is safe enough to eat.

I suppose silicone can leak but it should not. What may leak is mold release or unreacted silicone from improper mixing or improper ratios of reactants. I am not qualified to write on silicone leaching, mixing, mold release, et cetera, but am qualified to write about the rest.

:fadein:

INFORMATIONS