posts must clearly state in the title: For Sale -Wanted
posts must clearly state in the title: Wanted -
and have to be posted in the Wanted Items forum
Note: Posts by people looking for appraisals or recommended selling prices should be placed in the appropriate manufacturer forum or the Dolls in general if no manufacturer forum exists for that Doll. This is where you are most likely to get accurate advice on the subject
- All posts in the Sales on TDF section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up.
- Moderators will remove all ads that don't comply to these rules.
- Moderators will remove all posts not relevant to the Sale, including encouragements and criticism. Only replies that show interest in buying the item are approved. If something about a Sale is wrong, just report the ad by clicking the exclamation mark button.
- Newly Registered Members
are restricted from posting a new For Sale ad, but they may reply to existing ads.
- Ads have a maximum lifespan of 12 months, after which they will be removed regardless.
- Ads will be removed if the seller doesn't log in for more than a month, doesn't answer questions within a month, or doesn't make a post on the sale thread in general at least once every three months.
- Wanted ads will be removed after six months of inactivity. (added on June 8, 2015)For Sale posts must meet the following rules:
1. All new ads must follow this template
and include all sections of that template (if applicable).
2. All pictures must be recent and clearly show the actual item for sale and all must include a note with your username and the day's date, but cannot cover anything of the doll (verified manufacturers and vendors are excluded from the required note).
3. Post when the item is sold.
4. Manufacturers/resellers can only use the Sales forum to sell single items, as in, blemished, second-hand, or otherwise. Sales specials need to be posted in the manufacturer/reseller section, or if there is no specific section, in Dolls in General.
5. All pictures must show the item for sale in a presentable clean looking fashion. (added on November 28, 2015)If you need help starting a sale, please clearly mention this in your sale post, or send a PM to one of our staff members.Notice to potential Buyers: Be mindful of the dates on Sales Posts. It is your responsibility to get recent pictures and info on older posts.
Sales related questions about the actual for sale item are okay.
Images from The Doll Album can be used to sell your doll by providing the URL in your post.
Instructions on using the Doll Album, or how to attach pictures to posts are in Sticky posts in the Tutorials On Using TDF Forum
For Sale posts are not to be cross-posted in another forum.Addressing auctions:
- All auctions must have public open bids, posted in the sales topic and must state whether shipping is included in the bid or not.
- An auction must have a set end date/time, which cannot be extended, with the only exception being there are no bids.
- An auction must have a fair minimum starting bid made by the seller for as low as they'll accept. If any amount will suffice, your starting price should be $1, or the equivalent of shipping.
- The seller must state up front whether the shipping price is included in the bidding or not, if not, they must also state how much shipping will be or make a generous estimate.
- If the person who won does not honor the deal, you must sell to the last bidder at their visibly posted price.
This is all strictly in the interest of fairness.
ALL AUCTIONS MAY ONLY END A FULL 24 HOURS AFTER THE LAST BID. THE END PRICE IS THE SALE PRICE.
As with regular sales threads, auctions must comply to the Rules mentioned above.Disclaimer: TDF will not be held liable in any way, shape, or form for any transactions gone bad.
- These rules have gone in effect on March 27, 2015