Starpery.com

Attempting to patch up yet another Wrecked RD

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Attempting to patch up yet another Wrecked RD

Post by starion »

Ok. so here's the worst I've ever seen but I'd like to learn some hands on skill and repairs are a good teaching tool. So most people would scrap this doll but I hate to see even one go to the trash so I'm going to attempt to turn this trash heap into a scarred up doll that at least resembles a singular piece. :P
Attachments
HPIM2210.JPG
HPIM2210.JPG (645.76 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
HPIM2220.JPG
HPIM2220.JPG (924.38 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
HPIM2219.JPG
HPIM2219.JPG (1.01 MiB) Viewed 4746 times
HPIM2218.JPG
HPIM2218.JPG (1.07 MiB) Viewed 4746 times
HPIM2217.JPG
HPIM2217.JPG (985.24 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
<------------- Callie Starr formerly Sundown Starshine ----my first RealDoll-----

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: Attempting to patch up yet another Wrecked RD

Post by AlyDolly »

You are a very brave person starion. Would you happen to know how old she is? Is there any type of back story explaining how the head got ripped off? Good luck!

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

About halfway there. Back to waiting on materials from Abyss which some may not be here until August. Materials are the major factor in trying to get these girls together. She's a scarred up mess of repairs and trying to cover over bad repairs from previous owners. I am proud to say she's in one piece but far from done even with silicone work and repair scars will be prevolent but overall I'm surprised she's turning out as well as she is. Again my abilities aren't great but I do the best I can.
Attachments
HPIM2241.JPG
HPIM2241.JPG (990.51 KiB) Viewed 4738 times
HPIM2239.JPG
HPIM2239.JPG (1004.12 KiB) Viewed 4738 times
HPIM2240.JPG
HPIM2240.JPG (1001.1 KiB) Viewed 4738 times
HPIM2238.JPG
HPIM2238.JPG (1.15 MiB) Viewed 4738 times
HPIM2237.JPG
HPIM2237.JPG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 4738 times
<------------- Callie Starr formerly Sundown Starshine ----my first RealDoll-----

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

I bought two damaged RD's for 500 bucks each. This is one of them. I insured each doll at 875. This one was damaged even further in shipping so I got the insurance amount and the shipping amount refunded. Both dolls are from before 2002. They have no neckbolt spot and are solid head pre-facex dolls. This one is a Leah. F4 if I'm correct.

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

She's looking much better now!

Good on you for tackling such a challenge!

WE WILL LEAVE NO DOLL BEHIND! :)

Still, I have to wonder what happens to dolls that get into this kind of condition. Do their previous owners go nuts or something?
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

WOW!

Hats off! Incredible work you're doing there.

Congratulations

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

You are talented, my friend.

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

Thanks. I'm really just learning though. Some of these repairs I've never even attempted before. Some are crazy hard and take hours. All of my off time from work since the 17th has been devoted to working on two dolls. I've done zero socializing, just sitting and working on the dolls.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Perhaps Permatex flowable silicone could save you time and it works well with clingfilm stretched over to make the surface smooth.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

thanks that's a good idea. need to research. Also anyone know anything about the possibility of adding a neckbolt to these dolls? Storage would be easier.

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

haremlover wrote:Perhaps Permatex flowable silicone could save you time and it works well with clingfilm stretched over to make the surface smooth.
!

This is a job that requires way more than Sil-Poxy which is what you should be using to do any light repair job on a silicone doll. Window sealant is just a jury-rigged solution at best.

No, he actually needs real silicone like was used in her creation to fill and patch the empty spaces. I mainly deal directly with Smooth-On to get my repair material. I'll be posting a thread on repairing my 2009 BB where I will try to go into more detail about the steps of the repair. Let's just say what Starion is doing with old Tin cure Silicone is amazing.
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

starion wrote:thanks that's a good idea. need to research. Also anyone know anything about the possibility of adding a neckbolt to these dolls? Storage would be easier.
Without the fitting for one, you'd have to remove the spine so you could weld a coupling onto in. Doable but not easy.

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

I used bottles of abyss tan silicone with catalyst, realdoll adhesive, and silpoxy from smooth on for the repairs. Thanks to surefire for the tan silicone and catalyst, and some adhesive.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

karpos wrote: This is a job that requires way more than Sil-Poxy which is what you should be using to do any light repair job on a silicone doll. Window sealant is just a jury-rigged solution at best.

No, he actually needs real silicone like was used in her creation to fill and patch the empty spaces.
Interesting. But I have achieved success with minor repairs with the Permatex and its flowing quality is really really helpful. But of course for space filling properties I agree with you.

Best wishes

Harem

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

Ahh, I am using Dragon Skin (since she is PtSi) and it generally requires a mould. I have been moulding some pieces but now I am waiting on the Shell Shock to arrive so that I can make the full abdomen mold and start layering the skin on.

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

INFORMATIONS