www.wmdolls.com

Paypal question

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
dirtymg
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Paypal question

Post by dirtymg »

Not sure this is the right forum. Admin feel free to move to the right one, if this is not.
Does anyone know if paypal buyer protection applies for used doll purchase from TDF listings?

Paypal's protection language is confusing, specifically last line. (You may not file a dispute for a Personal Payment)
Not sure used doll payment will be treated as personal payment.
how does it work?

From Paypal:
Items purchased off eBay:
Items are eligible unless they are excluded below:
Real estate, motor vehicles, capital equipment, travel tickets, and events tickets
Intangible items
Services
Items purchased using PayPal Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal
You may not file a dispute for a Personal Payment

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Paypal question

Post by karpos »

I would imagine that most TDF transactions made from the sales section should not be personal payments. Personal payments are when you use the send money to friends and family option. Most sales on TDF should be done through the pay for goods and services option which explicitly states that all transactions qualify for the paypal protection agreement.

The only place they may tag you and decide not to cover would be that you used it to pay for an adult item but I personally haven't ever had an issue with paypal bothering me over that.
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

Lovedoll UK
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Lovedoll UK »

As karpos says: a personal payment is one you pay to friends and family, i.e. if you owe them money - the reason there's no protection for this is because there's no fee - it wouldn't be right to hold paypal accountable for something for which they weren't getting paid.

paypal disputes can go either way but are generally in favour of the buyer

in the invoice (if they send you one) or payment (if they don't) write as much info in there as poss, e.g. if you say 158cm doll and they send you a 100cm doll, it's easy to dispute this - as this will help you in any dispute - if there are deal breakers for you, make sure you include them

check to see if there's a returns policy, i.e. will the seller take it back, although that might lead to trouble if people 'borrow' dolls and return on that basis

times it can go in favour of the seller are if you exceed their returns date, if they list as faulty/not working (i.e. ebay) then there's little you can do if there are faults other than those stated on the listing

let me know which listing you're looking at if you want and I'll advise you

dirtymg
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dirtymg »

Thanks a lot Karpos!!
Will keep that in mind. Good inputs.

dirtymg
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dirtymg »

Thanks Love Dove UK. Very valuable.
I am considering 100 cm Sanhui fron TDF sell section.

Thanks

Lovedoll UK
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Lovedoll UK »

looks ok dirtymg, bear in mind the doll is used so you're gonna get the odd imperfection but if this is the doll you want I'd say go for it

just make sure you set out clear time frames of when the doll will be shipped and what shipping method will be used. Make sure the tracking number is given to you once shipped.

Also, just have a bit chat with the seller - don't pester him too much as he's probably getting a lot of enquiries but just ask him some things that are important to you, good luck my friend

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

The other thing to look at is the user's posts in general. Is this a person who has shown respect and love for their dolls or is it someone who just views it as a possession. That will give you an idea of how well the doll has been treated. Also look for previous sales of that user, do they have a history of good deals.
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

dirtymg
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dirtymg »

Again very good points Karpos and LDU. Appreciate it a lot.

dollnuss
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dollnuss »

First I'll just to say I've done quite a few transactions across Paypal, as both a buyer and seller. (More than just dolls and toys.) And I've gone though a couple disputes, as well.

So documentation is key, for both buyers and sellers. Sellers need to specify in the item description: specs for the doll (size), that the doll is used, any damage already exists, etc. If there is a dispute, sellers will definitely need to provide full tracking info for the shipment. Requiring a signature to take delivery is also a very good idea.

As mentioned already, buyers must use the Goods and Services option to get Payment Protection. To file a dispute, you will need to document any problems. Easier disputes are items that don't match the description (wrong size, wrong head), are used even though the description says new, or have obvious damage. These generally favor the buyer... but again, only if well documented (pictures, etc.). Certainly try to work with the seller first. It's easier/faster than a dispute, and documenting good-faith efforts helps your case. But if you are getting talk-to-the-hand, don't wait to file a dispute. If you wait 3 weeks, it becomes less clear if the damage occurred later.

INFORMATIONS