dollstudio.org

DS170 - First impressions

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
DS Doll Europe
VENDOR
VENDOR

DS170 - First impressions

Post by DS Doll Europe »

Hi,

after spending (a lot too many) days at customs, the DS170 arrived today. She's probably the first of her kind in Europe. Here are my first impressions and photos.

Let's start with the biggest novelty in a Doll Sweet lady - her buttocks.
Doll Sweet DS170 - buttocks
ds170-buttocks-2024-dsdolleurope.JPG (162.84 KiB) Viewed 6363 times
This is a sexy booty, isn't it? No other DS doll has a butt like this.

Also, this lady has big boobs. The shape and size is a cross of DS168 Plus and DS160 Plus; the size is derived from the latter, the nipples are derived from the first (more prominent than on the DS16x ladies).
Doll Sweet DS170 - breasts
Doll Sweet DS170 - breasts
ds170-breasts-2021-dsdolleurope.JPG (148.79 KiB) Viewed 6363 times
Also there is a newly shaped vulva and a new insert. Her lady parts look like this from the front:
Doll Sweet DS170 - vulva
Doll Sweet DS170 - vulva
ds170-vulva-2017-dsdolleurope.JPG (145.58 KiB) Viewed 6363 times
…and like this from the rear:
ds170-buttocks-2025-dsdolleurope.JPG (123.72 KiB) Viewed 6363 times
The looks of the labiae is clearly a visiual enhancement compared to the older inserts. However, other design decision might cause some controversy. First, the insert is small; it's as narrow and as short as the type "S" insert (for the DS14x model line). Currently there is no information if there will be a longer custom insert. Second, the inner walls of the vaginal canal are strengthend with some fabric, so no more banging the lady without insert.

Another minor enhancement is the amount of details of the feet. Though, the toes are still not separated.
Doll Sweet DS170 - feet
Doll Sweet DS170 - feet
ds170-feet-2027-dsdolleurope.JPG (138.48 KiB) Viewed 6363 times
Well, and last but not least there are the specs. As suspected before, the DS170 is by far not 170 cm tall when measured western style. From top of the head to the soles of the feet I'm measuring a total height between 163 and 165 cm when the doll is laying on her back.

Also, Doll Sweet enters the class of heavy weight dolls:
Doll Sweet DS170 - weight
Doll Sweet DS170 - weight
ds170-weight-2007-dollstudio.JPG (247.32 KiB) Viewed 6363 times
This is the measured weight without head. That's the price for lots of silicone flesh on the chest, buttocks and thights.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about this doll, I'll try to answer as long as she is here.

Sandro

rubyfan
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: DS170 - First impressions

Post by rubyfan »

Whoah... This will be almost a 90-pound doll when you include the head!

Is that a deal-breaker? It will be (or should be) for some. The 170 is still priced well, the body shape is still great, but 90 pounds is Realdoll 2 territory in terms of weight and that is heavy!

With a backside like that, however, I can see a whole lot of guys going, "weight? Heck with that, I'll join a gym!" :lol:
"Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy."—H.L. Mencken

selobl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by selobl »

I love the look of that booty, but how does it feel? Can you squeeze it? Does it jiggle? Is spanking fun or is it like slapping a log?

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

The vaginal entry seems quite small. How is that from a western standpoint?

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

OUCH! 38kg! Really no. My PIB is 35kg and on my absolute limit. I had a 163 TPE doll on 32kg and she was 2kg more than I'm comfortable with. 8kg more and I'm done for.

Oh dear, I'm really disappointed. The specs were 30kg I thought. Perhaps it might be worth you querying this with DS.

I think there's long mileage in the 160 and 158 models.

Best wishes

Harem

rubyfan
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by rubyfan »

haremlover wrote:OUCH! 38kg! Really no. My PIB is 35kg and on my absolute limit. I had a 163 TPE doll on 32kg and she was 2kg more than I'm comfortable with. 8kg more and I'm done for.

Oh dear, I'm really disappointed. The specs were 30kg I thought. Perhaps it might be worth you querying this with DS.

I think there's long mileage in the 160 and 158 models.
Yeah, it's quite a shocker. I was thinking of a 170 with loose limbs primarily as a bed-buddy so the weight might not be a deal-breaker for me, but for others doing photography and moving the doll around a lot, 90 pounds is serious weight. I always use a rule of thumb with dolls of doubling the measured weight to get a sense of the perceived weight. So carrying a 170 will be like carrying around a 180-pound BBW girlfriend!

Skinny, weak guys are highly likely to fail one way or another and get hurt or damage the doll. Again, YMMV. Some guys get good with rolling chairs, have good backs etc. and some find the added weight more realistic.

As I said, you gotta budget for a gym membership with a doll in this weight class.
"Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy."—H.L. Mencken

DS Doll Europe
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by DS Doll Europe »

@rubyfan: Yes, with a weight and a fleshy body like this, DS enters foreign territory. Think also Maidlee, Mecha, Dreamdoll, Doll Affair…

@selobl: The butt is squeezable, but it feels firm. Think of a girl who goes a lot to the gym, opposed to one living her life on he couch. And no, it does not jiggle much.

@AnonViking: DS said they had to make the entry small to accomplish more realism. Since the size is basically the same as the "S" type insert, most experiences with the 14x dolls will apply. The insert is ~15 cm long and has a total width of ~5 cm. It's very soft and rather flexible.

A difference compared to the 14x dolls might be that the vaginal is strenghthend by default, so tears might not be as common as with the 14x dolls.

@haremlover: I agree, weights significantly over 30 kg are outside the comfort zone of most normal people. However, considering that some of their other dolls seem to have gained weight silently as well, 38 kg is not that bad for this voluptuous body shape. But the switch from Aung (DS168) to this heavy girl is a major change…

Sandro

cucky

Post by cucky »

Hi

Yes its a lot kg , but a lot of people ask for making bigger dolls and thats the result . And i think a lot of people are happy with it .
The insert sounds like a minus point from my side , but we have to wait for test results ;) .

Thanks for info Sandro

Peter

rubyfan
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by rubyfan »

cucky wrote:Hi

Yes its a lot kg , but a lot of people ask for making bigger dolls and thats the result . And i think a lot of people are happy with it .
The insert sounds like a minus point from my side , but we have to wait for test results ;) .

Thanks for info Sandro

Peter
Yep, yep. I've liked dolls like the 168 but have complained about what I consider to be that model's overly skinny legs (again, YMMV). The 170, on the other hand, has gorgeous legs. This weight spike, however, is the price for making a change like that.

We all want the perfect doll: voluptuous but light, soft but durable, no compromise but affordable. Obviously, the vendors struggle to satisfy these conflicting demands. They simply cannot build the doll we tell them we want, because we kinda want the impossible.

They can get close, though, at times, and the 170 is pretty damned close. As ever in the love doll world: you pays your money and you takes your chances...

:drinking:

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Interesting. Very nice thick legs I must say, yes the lighter dolls do tend to suffer from stick legs/arms.

adult sized bracelets often look comically large on most dolls wrists.

I thought it a nice tough to line the insert cavity to prevent tearing, a lot of 145 owners where complaining about that.

You could still likely have sex without an insert, just use a condom and lube the inside of the condom. (Aka: Ultra thin insert)

that weight though.. ouch. Not much you can do about it with bigger legs unless they made the silicone really thin however, or replaced there WONDERFUL skeleton with a MEH pvc one.

Im thinking that quality trumps weight... but 90lbs.. ouch.. Then again, I guess a lot of the top end dolls are in the 90lb range, and DS still has its lighter dolls.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: with Nele, Kiko, Mamamba and Ms. StrangeLove in cyba's space

Post by nukeno »

DarkOne wrote:that weight though.. ouch. Not much you can do about it with bigger legs unless they made the silicone really thin however, or replaced there WONDERFUL skeleton with a MEH pvc one. Im thinking that quality trumps weight...
Exactly, quality has its price and its weight - but for the weight problem there are solutions. DS has done its part, now it's up to us to become more creative.
What comes to mind right now could be a combination of a doll stand, a sack barrow and a little winch. Even stairs wouldn't be a big deal and you could easily lift a doll in an out of the bed, a chair, the tub/shower... Thinking about it, I might even build one for my "lightweight" DS160.

Thanks for the input Sandro.
Life is a strange game: "The only winning move is not to play."
Yet here I am, dreaming about reality again...

Slowstoxx

Post by Slowstoxx »

WHAT, 38kg? She was advertised as 30kg, I almost blindly preordered one because I was so surprised by the extremely low weight for her proportions. Good thing I didn't, since 30kg was already out of my comfort zone, but 38kg are a no go.

Now I'm really disappointed. What the hell was DS Doll thinking when they announced the doll with a lower weight? I mean the size being incorrect is normal, almost all manufactures cheat here. But the weight is not cheating anymore, it's a bland lie.

cocomotive
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by cocomotive »

Thank you Sandro, thats really good to know. That the weight of a Mechadoll, its a heavy piece!

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

I wrote to Steven and John and Steven replied
last time we check the weight of the doll, it was 29kg.
So we have an interesting situation.

Sincerely I hope it's at the lighter end of the range!

Best wishes

Harem

rubyfan
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by rubyfan »

haremlover wrote:I wrote to Steven and John and Steven replied
last time we check the weight of the doll, it was 29kg.
So we have an interesting situation.

Sincerely I hope it's at the lighter end of the range!

Best wishes

Harem
Well, next time DS build one they need to put it on a scale at the factory. Perhaps the one in Europe somehow accumulated water in its core? Just grasping at straws here, my guess is that DS hasn't weighed the new model with the latest modifications, or someone made a mistake reading the weight the first time.

As of last night the US DS site still claimed "29kg".

INFORMATIONS