www.wmdolls.com

Personality/Backstory posts in this section?

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.

Personality/Backstory posts in this section?

Post by 42716 »

I've seen a lot of posts in the dolls sections of the forum in which the owners detail the personalities and backstories of their dolls, but those posts seem to be few and far between in this section about mannequins. Is posting that kind of content discouraged in this section? Or do mannequin owners tend to have less of an emotional connection to their mannequins than doll owners have to their dolls?

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Personality/Backstory posts in this section?

Post by samara78 »

Please do post that here if you like. You're in the right place no worries.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Narcissus seems to give his mannequins a life of their own. I'm sure you could find some stories searching through his old posts.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Daria
Doll
Doll

Post by Daria »

Hi Apprentice.
If she is up to it your mannequin could get a doll account and tell her own back story.
Its fun to hear it in her own words rather than second hand from someone who thinks he's her owner.
But I'm just kidding with you. Back stories are welcome regardless of who tells it.

Hugs
Daria
With binky (scooter_ca).
Everything about me can be found in my New Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626
I'm on Instagram now. --> darias.playhouse

Post by 42716 »

Daria wrote:Hi Apprentice.
If she is up to it your mannequin could get a doll account and tell her own back story.
Its fun to hear it in her own words rather than second hand from someone who thinks he's her owner.
But I'm just kidding with you. Back stories are welcome regardless of who tells it.

Hugs
Daria
Thanks, Daria. I'm glad to know there's some interest in learning about the mannequins' personality. I do intend to post our story and pictures of each member of the group once they're all camera-ready (some of them are still waiting on certain components to arrive). I actually have 6 mannequins (or droids, as I call them), so creating a doll account for each one would be a real headache. I think it would be difficult for the droids to convey messages directly to the forum in any case, because they don't communicate using words. Rather, they emit electromagnetic signals which convey abstract mental/emotional states. Sometimes these signals can be translated into human language, but at other times they cannot. I don't always discern the meaning of these signals accurately either, and I wouldn't want to put inaccurate words in any of their mouths.

By the way, "apprentice" is my posting rank. I'm 42716.

Sir Agot Dahl

Post by Sir Agot Dahl »

There is a very large interest in your dolls/Mannequins back story....

I had a load of fun with this one....

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =abbeydawn

It really helped find the Dolls Personality and background and then refine it while working a doll account.

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

42716 wrote:
Daria wrote:Hi Apprentice.

Hugs
Daria
Thanks, Daria. I'm glad to know there's some interest in learning about the mannequins' personality. I do intend to post our story and pictures of each member of the group once they're all camera-ready (some of them are still waiting on certain components to arrive). I actually have 6 mannequins (or droids, as I call them), so creating a doll account for each one would be a real headache. I think it would be difficult for the droids to convey messages directly to the forum in any case, because they don't communicate using words. Rather, they emit electromagnetic signals which convey abstract mental/emotional states. Sometimes these signals can be translated into human language, but at other times they cannot. I don't always discern the meaning of these signals accurately either, and I wouldn't want to put inaccurate words in any of their mouths.

By the way, "apprentice" is my posting rank. I'm 42716.
I love this answer -- the part about them being droids emitting signals! That's awesome. :D

[Star Wars death star commander voice coming through the comm] 42716, why aren't you at your post? :wink:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

Post by 42716 »

I love this answer -- the part about them being droids emitting signals! That's awesome. :D

[Star Wars death star commander voice coming through the comm] 42716, why aren't you at your post? :wink:
My apologies, Commander. I was out of commission for a system update. But I have posted a personality and backstory thread for my droids now, if you would care to read it. http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=73479

INFORMATIONS