MannequinFan items for sale

We turn dreams into reality!
MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: MannequinFan items for sale

Post by MannequinFan »

Michaelangelo wrote:Hi MF,

Oh that's a shame, I was just about to sign up for the sale today...

Oh well, I'll just have to maybe buy some more stock eyes and see if I can have a few different expressions that way. I was also really looking fwd to the eyelids for lashes ... do you have a vendor in France for those though?

Mikey
Hi Mikey,

Yes, you can get the eyelids from Sculpteo from my blog. I also have a "do it yourself" version of the EMEs available from Sculpteo, but you'd need to get the irises elsewhere or make them yourself. Also, the eyeballs need to be dye tinted with Rit Dyemore so you'd need to consider all that.

Here's the link to my blog page: https://mfcreations3d.blogspot.com/p/th ... c/80788046
Please watch the video on how to use the catalogs.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Babel99 wrote:Hey guys,

I am having one of the first releases of the eyes (from like 2 years ago). I ordered a box then with many iris as well.

I was wondering, if I would like to order the new eyes (would like to try the new mechanism for rotating the eye), will the old iris will still be compatible? Briefly, did you change the way the iris is fixed (used to be two small magnet on the eye ball and iris)
Hi Babel,

I can still do eyeballs/pedestals for the older 14mm iris, but I don't do the 14mm irises anymore.
I went to using 13mm irises exclusively back in July 2018.

Here's a look at the new V10 EME design. I'm using ring magnets now instead of the two small disks.
Instead of the pedestals being screw attached to the eyeball, the eyeball now floats on top of the pedestal dome. This keeps the eyeball center of rotation the same regardless of the pedestal height, and makes the height easier to adjust while in place. The square drive adjustment tool inserts through the hole in the ring magnet down into the pedestal dome. This allows you to adjust the pedestal height without having to turn the eyeball.
Screenshot (7).png
Screenshot (7).png (151.46 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
IMG_4983.JPG
IMG_4983.JPG (593.19 KiB) Viewed 1212 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright folks, it's been a pretty quiet sale so far this month. Plenty of EME sets still available if anyone wants to snag one.

I just realized yesterday that Sculpteo has now doubled their minimum order from $15 to $30. :(
I've noted that on the catalog page of my blog. So, if you are just wanting some eyelids, Shapeways will be the better deal. In light of this, next year I will probably be going back to an online catalog with password access to simplify things.

For those that have purchased catalogs for Sculpteo items, the links will be good thru the end of this year (12/31/2021). Links will change on 1/1/2022.

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

Any of you guys tried this eye set with the new SM Silicon dolls? If yes, do we need to order the TPE doll set or the Sino/Real Doll one?

I am looking in particular for the nice SM 157G silicon doll.
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Babel99 wrote:Any of you guys tried this eye set with the new SM Silicon dolls? If yes, do we need to order the TPE doll set or the Sino/Real Doll one?

I am looking in particular for the nice SM 157G silicon doll.
My guess is that they are the cartridge type like Sino/DS. Seems to be the trend now for the silicone dolls.
You might want to post the question in the SM forum to get a more definitive answer on the type of eyes used. To my knowledge, I haven't sold a set yet to anyone with a silicone SM.
viewforum.php?f=269

I did just send a slightly modified Sino set to a customer with a Zelex silicone doll. It seems the cartridge type eyes are pretty similar between brands, but sometimes the square lug on the base is a little different.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright, I've received a report from the Zelex customer that the modified Sino design worked with some additional extension of the pedestals. It seems the Zelex eye sockets were a bit deeper than with the Sino dolls.

Since the square lug on the base serves no purpose for the EMEs, I just eliminated it and made the base a bit taller for more stability. This should make the design more universal for different doll makes.

To help determine compatibility, here are the dimensions and pedestal range using a 5/8" long screw...
EME-Zelex.png
EME-Zelex.png (64 KiB) Viewed 991 times

dollcurious4321
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dollcurious4321 »

Would someone be kind enough as to post photos of the irises side by side (not installed)? The colors are so wonderful but it's difficult to differentiate between many of them. I think seeing them side by side next to colors we already have would give a better representation of how they're going to look to each of us individually.

I can't praise the entire eye system enough, every detail is so professional and wonderfully designed. 100% satisfied with these. Thank you so much.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

dollcurious4321 wrote:Would someone be kind enough as to post photos of the irises side by side (not installed)? The colors are so wonderful but it's difficult to differentiate between many of them. I think seeing them side by side next to colors we already have would give a better representation of how they're going to look to each of us individually.

I can't praise the entire eye system enough, every detail is so professional and wonderfully designed. 100% satisfied with these. Thank you so much.
Hey Dollcurious, thanks for the kind words and welcome to TDF!
The best I have right now are the photos in my gallery. I'm planning on making a blog page with them organized by color. Would this help?

Yes, some of the colors are similar with subtle differences, like MF07 and MF08. Maybe having them together would illustrate the small differences.

Since I now have a new zippy 64 bit computer, I'm also planning on maybe doing some new fun colors using Filter Forge this year...
https://filterforge.com/filters/11587.html

https://filterforge.com/filters/6466.html

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

I'm up to 3 sets of pedestals and 11 different pairs of irises. My gals are so thrilled with their MannequinFan eyes that they even put a little 'Easter egg' on the workbench in one of their recent 'H2K Ranch' shoots for their guitar project...

Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Rock13 wrote:I'm up to 3 sets of pedestals and 11 different pairs of irises. My gals are so thrilled with their MannequinFan eyes that they even put a little 'Easter egg' on the workbench in one of their recent 'H2K Ranch' shoots for their guitar project...

Hehe, thanks Rock! :D

Speaking of pedestals, I've made a small refinement in them to help keep them centered and more stable in the eye sockets.
This was a suggestion sent to me by TDF member Pabugs, so big thanks to him for the idea. :thumbs_up:
It consists of a wider thin base that press fits onto the existing pedestal base. It's the exact same size as the flat spot at the back of the eye socket on my JY Zoya head, so it keeps the pedestal exactly centered. Since eye sockets vary widely on these dolls, it can be removed if it causes issues with some dolls.
Attachments
IMG_5075.JPG
IMG_5075.JPG (724.49 KiB) Viewed 883 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright folks, some MF news for the MF New Year!

Shipping News

Shipping to EU has now resumed. :)
PayPal is now using ShipStation which handles USPS international packages a bit differently.
Packages are delivered to a facility near Chicago where they handle all the customs forms instead of me doing it. :)
I sent one package to Germany last month and it seems to be going pretty smoothly so far with no loss of tracking.
Unfortunately, USPS shipping to Australia is still not possible. :(

Blog News

In light of the minimum order at Sculpteo doubling from $15 to $30 :( , the items will be temporarily unavailable while I look at some different ideas. In the meantime, eyelids are still available from My Shapeways Shop.

Recently it's become apparent that these print services are leaning more and more towards bulk orders from businesses than from individual customers. I could do that, but it seems silly and inefficient to have to repackage and resend things that can come directly from the factory. It would also mean more expensive shipping and customs fees for EU customers.

EME News

Something I'm looking at for 2022...
A deluxe 4 color kit with one set of V6 eyelids with lashes installed!
There would be irises in the case of course. :)
IMG_5076.JPG
IMG_5076.JPG (645.86 KiB) Viewed 860 times
Compartment houses removal tool and eyelids. Lashes are protected from damage...
IMG_5077.JPG
IMG_5077.JPG (669.8 KiB) Viewed 860 times

Big_Easy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Big_Easy »

Heya MF,
I’m interested in a few sets of foot bolt covers and V6 eyelids once you have it sorted out.
I’m in the USA

Thanks!

Dollicious2
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Dollicious2 »

Happy New Year MF :wink:
I haven't dropped by your thread here in many moon's .
I am stunned by the eye set innovations you've made and so excited to see 13mm are the new standard , the design and coloring of the irises are shockingly better , love the dark ring around the outer edges.
The pedestals have also improved vastly i see also that's wonderful as well.
Wow i guess I'll have to get me some soon ! :wink:

You still doing them articulated hand skeletons too i presume, i am planning on doing both my Irontech original Ayumi Anime body dolls.

:glou:
DL2
viewtopic.php?t=104739
Jelina and Jelena 170cm C slim body twins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DL2 Fashion Studio
viewtopic.php?t=116236
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Olinka YL170 D
viewtopic.php?t=93693

Cinnamon2077
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Cinnamon2077 »

I can't stop grinning from ear-to-ear reading this thread - these innovations are amazing MF! I'm still awaiting my first doll (WM172cm D) and I'm crazy about modding it already so once I figure out what I want I'll put an order in. I'm in France so I was pleasantly surprised to hear Sculpteo is in France also, then less so because of their minimum orders :lol: Anyway, now I will go back to reading your blog to see what I want to order.
Alice: WM172D #168
- Personality: Action Girl
- Clothes: Optional

Cin's Photo Journal - Featuring Alice 8-O

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Big_Easy wrote:Heya MF,
I’m interested in a few sets of foot bolt covers and V6 eyelids once you have it sorted out.
I’m in the USA

Thanks!
Hey Big, are you wanting the items from Sculpteo, or the ones I make myself?
Dollicious2 wrote:Happy New Year MF :wink:
I haven't dropped by your thread here in many moon's .
I am stunned by the eye set innovations you've made and so excited to see 13mm are the new standard , the design and coloring of the irises are shockingly better , love the dark ring around the outer edges.
The pedestals have also improved vastly i see also that's wonderful as well.
Wow i guess I'll have to get me some soon ! :wink:

You still doing them articulated hand skeletons too i presume, i am planning on doing both my Irontech original Ayumi Anime body dolls.

:glou:
DL2
Hey DL2, Happy New Year and thanks for your kind words! :D
Yes, the hand skeletons will still be available from Sculpteo when I get them back up.
Cinnamon2077 wrote:I can't stop grinning from ear-to-ear reading this thread - these innovations are amazing MF! I'm still awaiting my first doll (WM172cm D) and I'm crazy about modding it already so once I figure out what I want I'll put an order in. I'm in France so I was pleasantly surprised to hear Sculpteo is in France also, then less so because of their minimum orders :lol: Anyway, now I will go back to reading your blog to see what I want to order.
Hey thanks Cinnamon!
I'm also now shipping the EME kits to EU. The kits have eyelids and you can add foot screw covers if your doll has the M6 button head foot screws.

INFORMATIONS