Starpery.com

"Throwing my hat in the...Doll Building...ring."

Got an idea? Need an invention?
bigdaddy
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by bigdaddy »

synobyte07 if you are not going to use silicone for the flesh material.what will the polymer material feel like?will it feel like silicone or better.polymer material is it stronger than silicone will anything stick to the material like hairs ect.

fantasy

Post by fantasy »

When I read the specs you were proposing, including use of high-tech super gel, heating elements and titanium, all for 5K, my first reaction was that you were just dreaming.

But then I scrolled back and saw the sculpture... and those thoughts stopped in their tracks! Now I think you may be the Apple Computer of doll design. Hope that comes across as a compliment -- it's meant to be.

I reread your specs and started to think that between you and Mechadoll's Brigitte model, we might be seeing a real next-generation improvement in artistry, quality and realism. (That's not meant as a dig at other manufacturers -- just support for your efforts.) Really looking forward to seeing a sample face. Too often doll faces seem to look like... I don't know... dissipated strippers with too much plastic surgery. I would prefer something more along the lines of Angelina Jolie, Jessica Alba, or Adriana Lima.

Hope you tough it out through the difficult months ahead and start shipping these. Do you have an ETA? I would think you must be at least a year away from shipping even a prototype.

Have you done many trials with the gel? Is it durable? Does it compress more realistically than silicone?

Glad you are paying attention to the toxicity issue because it is not discussed enough. This is another major selling point of your doll. So many polymers & plasticizers have a serious impact on the endocrine system, on bone density, and who knows what else. I have read that at least some of the "lifelike" alternatives to silicone are suspect. I had the unpleasant experience of using a real-feel type gel insert, and then felt dizzy and nauseous for a few hours afterwards. Using medical quality materials is really a must in my opinion. Anything else is potentially a health risk.

Could go on for a while here but won't.... please keep up the outrageous work!

DonMega
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by DonMega »

silicon has always been expensive that's for sure so even if the polymer material is new I guess it can be cheaper and since you chose it it gotta be more realistic feeling/looking and durable than silicon. but then again they don't yet use that material for treating patients and because it's still so new can we make the assumption it's not proved 100% safe yet? about those looks of the sculpture I doubt any1 could critisize unless of course it's their personal likes/dislikes. you should get a really sexy head to fit that body :D I really wonder how u were able to convince such a celebrity to participate on this but congrats anyhow, hope the deal works fine for all of us.

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

bump.

How are things going? I saw the android...cool!!!!!!

*Stacy

Synobyte07
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synobyte07 »

Stacy wrote :
bump.
How's this for a bump...Image

I appreciate your interest and to make a long story short, I have a couple of obstacles that I'm up against.

The first one is that the mining company that I worked for has finished their contract and instead of locating another contract in my area they packed up and moved back to Australia. They provide a great separation package but it's not enough to survive on. I guess I gotta look for another job. :?

The other problem is that I live in Southeast Georgia, hence the true name under my avatar. :roll: Georgia as well as three other states has made it illegal to sell or buy adult toys. I'm not going to get into the political aspect of it, but it's a real drag. I have a lawyer in Atlanta who is looking into this but it will set me back a little. I just love the paper work and red tape that the state of Ga. can throw in your face. I think they make up these rules and regulations as they go along in this case. Image

I am kinda curious how Matt was able to sell his dolls to Ish and also Angel of the Charlie Joanne website who are both from Atlanta, Ga. I'll just keep doing a little digging I guess.

There maybe a couple of loopholes that I can use. One being that since I'm making each entrance as an insert, I could just simply sell them separately and that would eliminate the "functional" problem when selling the doll. But I would still have to let my potential customer know on the website that the doll will serve the purpose for sex. So I'm still settin' myself up for some legal problems.

Anyway, we'll see what happens in the next few months, I'm trying to sell my home and property. Maybe I'll move to Florida, it's only 38 miles away and their laws aren't that bad except when election time comes around. :D

URASmeghead
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by URASmeghead »

Synobyte07 wrote: ...Georgia as well as three other states has made it illegal to sell or buy adult toys.
I'm no lawer, but it seem that these laws violate the "Interstate Commerce Act".
<div>Formerly; Silent member since 2003</div><br>

Thomas
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thomas »

Synobyte07 wrote: The first one is that the mining company that I worked for has finished their contract and instead of locating another contract in my area they packed up and moved back to Australia. ...
Didn't they offer you to come with them down under? Australia is great! 8)
Synobyte07 wrote:... Georgia as well as three other states has made it illegal to sell or buy adult toys. ...
8O So they finally passed a law against selling and buying firearms, cars, electric tools ... the Amish will just love it! :?

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

That SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, I am really sorry about your job. I hope things will get better. But correct me if I'm wrong....isn't there a strip club named 'Cheetah Club' in GA.??? You can pay to look at tail, but you can't pay for a rubber toy??!! I am so confused.

Just another reason to love New York City.
*Stacy

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

I hadn't heard of the new law in GA. but it doesn't suprise me... Unless it gets squashed soon you can bet the same thing will happen all along the "Bible belt".

Of course you can play the same game simply by marketing it as an "anatomically correct medical model" or some such thing. There are dozens of parties that would just love to rake this through the courts like the ACLU.

It would also provide lots of free advertising from the news coverage so be ready for the ton of orders that would flood in... :wink:

It's a great sculpture, I hope you can see it through to production.

Stacy - intelligence has never been a pre-requisite for political office....

"freedom is never in more jepordy than when the legislature is in session"
I suddenly realized I\'m living in a dollhouse!

Thomas
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thomas »

Sith Lord wrote:... intelligence has never been a pre-requisite for political office....
Unfortunately it's too often just the opposite.

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

Please, folks. Let us stay on topic and get off the politics.

ClosetMonster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: The back of your closet, past the old band uniform, and behind that tattered stack of comics.

Post by ClosetMonster »

I was unaware of this new law in GA. Here in North Florida, if you wanted sex toys, you had to drive to Orlando, or just over the border into Georgia. Only in recent years have a few softer adult shops opened here, with a very limited variety.

The shop in Kingsland, Ga was the only thing there to put it on the map. Lol What's going to happen to the town now? :lol:

Synobyte07
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synobyte07 »

Well, I finally have an update with a positive note on it. :D

I'm back in the work force so I am not spending my working capital anymore. :P

I finally got a hold of the right attorney to help me with my business situation. Alan I. Begner from Atlanta, Ga. took the time to hear me out and the conversation definitely went in a very positive direction for me. The first thing he said is that the law I was referring to is not enforced in the state of Georgia. The 11th Circuit will review the "sex toy" law in late January of 2007, but it will actually not effect me. Mainly because the business structure that I will be using will be web based and nothing is being sold at the business site itself. Also, since I will not be storing an inventory of dolls at the warehouse site, I'll be in good standing there as well. Basically, I will be doing a "made to order" product just like any of the other doll manufactures so I'm in good shape. 8)

Also, I have added photos of the first head that will be available with the doll body. My inspiration for the face actually comes from an actress by the name of Bryce Dallas Howard. You guys may remember her from the movie The Village and most recently The Lady in the Water. I sculpted the head for my own personal taste but I also think this type of look will attract other people as well.

Please keep in mind that the head has no eyebrows, eyelashes, makeup or hair so you'll have to use a little imagination until you see the final product. :razz: Maybe ol' Perry can do a little of that digital magic like he did with the body. :wink: In any case, I used the same clay material that Mark did for the body. For me, I am more comfortable using WED clay than an oil based clay like the Chavant. I didn't develope the neck completely because Mark had that covered for me already. The base is just a styro foam neck display to save me from additional sculpting.

The pics that I took are done with complete amateur skills and I have no experience with photography. I am a RETARD in this field of art! :lol: As a matter of fact, I don't even no how I got so many different shades of color from the pics I took. :? Plus, you can see my state of the art laundry...uhh...studio room that is! :lol: Oh well, you guys get the idea anyway. :roll:

I am hoping that the features of the face has a pleasant look and not have that "spaced out" appearance that can be a turn off. I was really shooting for the face to give the impression of her actually looking at you and not through you. But you guys can be the judge of that. Plus, I'm gambling that different wigs and makeup will give a variety of looks to the face.

Alrighty, as always, any feedback will be greatly appreciated and hopefully I'll have the asian face done by this Friday. As far as I can tell, I will continue to move forward with this project! :)

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

your doll

Post by timetraveler1 »

what is the price going to be on this doll ??? :? (which is fantastic looking by the way . :D

uch
Former Member

Post by uch »

You sculpted a great likeness of her. When you warned about using imagination, I expected a lot less. You hit the nail square on the head with the sculpture, in my opinion. Can hardly wait to see the finished product.

INFORMATIONS