betterlovedoll.com

Academic Survey - Help us to address myths about doll owners

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
NormalHuman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Academic Survey - Help us to address myths about doll ow

Post by NormalHuman »

There is no "I'd like to stop this survey and here is why" option. you can however, press through and skip each page of the survey.. which I just did. after the 3 or 4 date rape scenarios they want you to imagine you are the perpetrator, it turns into sooo many pages of standard personality test type questions of "rate this from repulsive to very aroused." ranging from foot fetishes, to S&M, to sex with adults, to cross dressing, to exposing yourself in public, to sex with children.

Then there is at least 1 page dedicated to drug use, 1 to alcohol use.

It really feels like it goes on forever.

Nothing else of note. if you can stomach getting through the first 3-4 pages of scenario questions it simply becomes a chore.

Fun note.. after I skipped through it all and submitted it. I went back to it and it let me start over. I selected Female this time and age 22, and it still asked the date rape scenario questions exactly the same way. I was thinking it might change it up.. but nope.
That Crazy AMAB Trans NB Daddy Dyke you know and love!

05/11/2020 - EX Summit Series Waxwork 168 Ordered
07/09/2020 - Inception Complete
08/12/2020 - Arrival! Maho started her own thread.
Maho's Thread
08/12/2020 - Vendor Review - Cloud Climax viewtopic.php?f=306&t=131844
EX Summit 168 Review viewtopic.php?f=143&t=131858

Serene-Art-Fan-283
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Serene-Art-Fan-283 »

NormalHuman wrote:There is no "I'd like to stop this survey and here is why" option.
Again: "sigh".

Please compare and contrast that, folks who love dolls, with how Ken Hanson ran his (as far as I am concerned) very ethical-appearing and very totally-above-board appearing study. As a reminder, here is the intro page to where he posted, here on these forums:

viewtopic.php?f=141&t=129038

I'll also include the full and unedited header section of the WRITTEN list of questions that man supplied me with, when I told him I was considering an interview as a "prospective buyer".

(quotes on)

Dear Interviewee,

First, THANK YOU for agreeing to be part of this study. I want to firstly recognize that you are taking the time to answer these questions, and for that I am deeply grateful.

Second, a little bit about your participation. I want you to know that interviews go both ways, so you are free to ask me questions about myself, the research, etc. I think this is important both ethically as a researcher, but also especially given the topic. My goal is to empirically understand sex/love dolls and the people who own them. This means that I don't take a particular for/against position, but I want to examine how people, who actually own them, think about them.

Third, this study will be reported in aggregate (meaning sometimes I'll say things like, "6/10 people, when asked about x, agreed." But I will also use direct quotes when appropriate. For all direct quotes I will use pseudonyms to protect your confidentiality. I also assign pseudonyms to the dolls. If you would like to choose your pseudonym, you may, otherwise I will assign one at random.

Fourth, this study is voluntary, in whole and in part. You can say as much or as little on each question as you want (including nothing). Although, I do ask you provide as much detail as possible. Detail is more important to me than speed, you are free to take your time. You may also rescind your answers, in whole or in part. So, if after a few weeks you think "I actually don't want my answers included" you can email me, and I will simply delete your info.

Again, THANK YOU, and let me know if you have any question.

Sincerely,
Ken Hanson

(quotes off)

Make of that what you will, but even as "paranoid" as I can sometimes be, I trusted that man. He made it easy to do so. These other people are NOT making it easy for me to trust their intentions. What others decided to do, or not do, I cannot control. I'm merely pointing out how I feel on this.

NormalHuman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by NormalHuman »

Oh Ken Hanson at the UofOregon was great.. but he is not a psychologist.. he is a sociologist.. BIG difference in how they approach things. First question I asked him in the interview, and then thanked him for not being a psychologist and agreed to continue. I did his interview as a new buyer, and agreed to a followup after my doll arrived and had time to settle in.

I live a city over from him, so am going to do a followup and even let him meet my doll, cause he asked nicely.
That Crazy AMAB Trans NB Daddy Dyke you know and love!

05/11/2020 - EX Summit Series Waxwork 168 Ordered
07/09/2020 - Inception Complete
08/12/2020 - Arrival! Maho started her own thread.
Maho's Thread
08/12/2020 - Vendor Review - Cloud Climax viewtopic.php?f=306&t=131844
EX Summit 168 Review viewtopic.php?f=143&t=131858

Serene-Art-Fan-283
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

NormalHuman wrote:I live a city over from him, so am going to do a followup and even let him meet my doll, cause he asked nicely.
You probably will do it, anyway, but I for one hope you (or he?) chimes in with a report on that, if/when it happens. It doesn't (of course) have to be an extensive report or anything. Maybe like checking in briefly with old friends from afar, or something. The world as a whole needs more empathy - a lot more of it - and personally, any sign I see that it's not (yet?) a totally extinct trait, in human beings, makes me breathe easier and/or more freely. That probably sounds odd coming from a man who self-admits that he's arguably at least a part-time misanthrope, and who sometimes hangs out on places like this (with a stated goal to maybe later find himself a doll that's "85% human-like and 15% toaster or other household appliance") but hey, things are often messy out here in the real world. Not everything will always fit neatly into some box, somewhere. A lot of things just are what they are. So finding out that other people can happily coexist, and can find some joy in life, is a ray of sunshine. Keep it up! :D

Serene-Art-Fan-283
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

NormalHuman wrote:Fun note.. after I skipped through it all and submitted it. I went back to it and it let me start over. I selected Female this time and age 22, and it still asked the date rape scenario questions exactly the same way. I was thinking it might change it up.. but nope.
I was going to "let it go" before this, on commenting further about that, but when I saw this recent video that was just released by Sydney in Australia, where one young feminist female out somewhere (Peru, I think he said) literally killed one of her fellow feminists, and dismembered the woman's dead body, and kept the dead lady's skull for several years ... well, my brain made some immediate connections between that real-life event, and this questionnaire. Hence this comment. If the study's makers were looking for actual objectivity and fairness, and the study so many here questioned (in terms of its intent) was not some "Feminist Trojan Horse" attempt, to demonize all doll owners, then maybe when you said you were female and age 22, it should have asked you if you tended to hack human heads off and kept them as grisly trophies? Seems only fair, under the sickening circumstances?

But that's just my personal opinion, on a subject that's both controversial and upsetting (to anyone with empathy, anyway - and I do have oodles of empathy for other human beings.)

Video name: "Feminist Dismembers Another Feminist. Media Calls It 'Sexist Vi0l3nce'"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8rx0EmjvCQ

The more I see the reality of the outside world, the more I understand why doll use is a thing. No electronics in any of my future dolls-to-be, thank you kindly.

INFORMATIONS