www.wmdolls.com

Just a quicky

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
Bell-wants
Active Poster
Active Poster

Just a quicky

Post by Bell-wants »

Can someone please tell me what you use to keep the wig on your mannequin? Tape? If so, what kind and where to get it?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Just a quicky

Post by Mr Franz »

The wig should have adjustable elastic straps in back of the webbing similar to this....

Bell-wants
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bell-wants »

It still moves around a bit. Could I use two sided tape?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Double sided carpet tape works well, but it's a pain to position and get off again. I just take the straps and tie them in a knot to secure the wig on my mannequin.

Bell-wants
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bell-wants »

I'll try to adjust it better with the elastic straps first. Thanks so much for your advice.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

I have used sticky back velrco 1" strips. I cut the hook side in some 1" segments and stuck on the mannequin head and cut the cloth side in same segments and hand stitched to the wig.
but when I changed wigs, it seemed to do OK without the cloth velrco pieces sewn to it since the hook patches kept it from sliding around.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

dbenzguy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by dbenzguy »

Have you tried a wig cap? I find that they grip much tighter than the wig and provides the wig a good grip... especially if the wig has the combs that can be inserted below the wig cap.

innature

Post by innature »

Thx for the two advices folks!

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

dbenzguy wrote:Have you tried a wig cap? I find that they grip much tighter than the wig and provides the wig a good grip... especially if the wig has the combs that can be inserted below the wig cap.
Yes, I agree with this. I use wig caps on mine, which work wonderfully. :thumbs_up:

Andrew22
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Andrew22 »

I have the same problem trying to get that in place. Also way too many hairs on the floor. Is that any very good ones in the market? Thanks

dbenzguy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by dbenzguy »

Andrew22 wrote:I have the same problem trying to get that in place. Also way too many hairs on the floor. Is that any very good ones in the market? Thanks
Are you looking for good wigs?

For fun wigs, I can recommend Rockstar Wigs: https://www.rockstarwigs.com
If you want something really top notch, you can go with a real hair wig that has a lace front. I got one of these for my alpha doll and it is far better than any of the fun wigs. It was, however, very expensive!

Bell-wants
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bell-wants »

This is just a cheapy wig. I didn't like the way my mannequin looked in his other wig. His head is really small for his body so I got this wig to turn him into a rock star. LOL. But it moves around very easily and I want to get it more secure. I hope I did the photos correctly.
MANNEQIAN ROCK STAR 1.JPG
MANNEQIAN ROCK STAR 1.JPG (2.12 MiB) Viewed 2833 times
MANNEQIAN ROCK STAR 3.JPG
MANNEQIAN ROCK STAR 3.JPG (2.22 MiB) Viewed 2833 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Looks like a young Howard Stern! Yeah, mannequin heads are a bit smaller than their human counterparts. That and their heads are really smooth. Before I figured out how to adjust the elastic straps, I use to take regular making tape and roll it up under my mannequin's wig to help hold it in place.

Bell-wants
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bell-wants »

I thought about doing that with some masking tape. Yeah I've noticed the tiny head syndrome in mannequins. It bugs me. Hey I'm relatively new here and I can't figure out how to get to my private messages. Any hints?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Bell-wants wrote:I thought about doing that with some masking tape. Yeah I've noticed the tiny head syndrome in mannequins. It bugs me. Hey I'm relatively new here and I can't figure out how to get to my private messages. Any hints?
If you have any, they'll appear in the upper left under "New Messages" you generally get an email as well letting you know someone sent a PM.

INFORMATIONS