What would tell a NEWBIE about NO OIL TPE?

We turn dreams into reality!
Willus
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: What would tell a NEWBIE about NO OIL TPE?

Post by Willus »

siliconelover wrote:Better keep some TSP around to clean those walls if your doll does decide to use them for support again !
TSP?
Zoe (RIP) - JY170. Eye Candy link

Josie and Macks - 2x WM166C, twin sisters. Eye Candy link

kanna
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by kanna »

siliconelover wrote:Absolutely, I have never seen a TPE product that doesn't leach itself onto whatever it comes in contact with.
My DH168 EVO doll comes pretty close. I haven't noticed her leaching oil into anything yet and I've had her for 5 months already. My Piperdoll doesn't leak much either, but her skin does start feeling a little oily a week or two after washing and powdering, so she obviously does leak some oil.
Dolls:
Kanna / 叶愛 - Dollhouse 168 EVO-156 + Sasa Head
Asami / 朝瑞 - Piperdoll PI-150/B Akira
Ibuki / 気吹 - Xycolo XCOS-153/LB + Mumu head
Elena / 恵恋愛 - Tayu 148D + Naimei head
Uzuna / 愛絆 - Real Girl 158C + R25 head
Kirara / 希羅良 - DH168 80cm anime doll (silicone)

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Willus wrote:
siliconelover wrote:Better keep some TSP around to clean those walls if your doll does decide to use them for support again !
TSP?
Tri Sodium Phosphate

It is a product you mix with water to clean surfaces, specifically, woodwork and walls before painting.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

Kira-sama
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Kira-sama »

siliconelover wrote: The title of this thread is NO OIL TPE meaning what exactly ? That the TPE formula has no oil in it OR that you don't need to oil it ???
Based on his earlier responses to me, I think he's talking about no maintenence TPE. It would be great if they really didn't need to be oiled. It would make things a little bit easier.

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

I have a "Platinum TPE" JY. I asked Sam at JY about oiling her and his response was:

"Platinum TPE don't need oil and powder. But I think if you use a few, it's better and no harm for her."

In other words, occasional oiling shouldn't hurt. I do powder Sophie regularly, but I've never oiled her (had her for just over 7 months now) although I do occasionally smear some Vaseline in the high stress areas: armpits and around her crotch/upper end of inner thighs.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

PDUTUS,
Please think what removes alot of stuff from normal TPE
Baby oil gets out stuff that soap and water will not alone....
Hot water and oil is pretty much a NAY, NAY on these no OIL dolls to make the coating last as long as possible.
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

garriola83
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by garriola83 »

Hey there! I have a no oil TPE doll as well, JY 157. She's still rocking it, no damage whatsoever and still my softest doll. I just washed her and still so smooth and soft. I am selling her tho to make way for an even better doll.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Yes, I agree.... a no oil doll, but no oil TPE does not exist unless covered with something and that something needs some TLC...like no oil...cold water to do its best to stay on....
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:Yes, I agree.... a no oil doll, but no oil TPE does not exist unless covered with something and that something needs some TLC...like no oil...cold water to do its best to stay on....
I think Indigo20 may be able to perhaps debunk that coating on the doll. Like what is the temp at start of making the doll as in the tpe pour does the temp rise or fall during curing. Any coating in the mold to me touching that pour process would be a mold release agent any thing applied to the doll after is a tire dressing at best the tpe is gonna move move oil around when moving that coating is a myth to me until proven to me otherwise.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Hi,
The point is that if people get a doll coated with that, the rules change BIG TIME.
Bottom line, OIL FREE TPE is NAY, NAY, it would cost $1000 per KG per my go to guy, Indigo 20.
Oil free dolls do exists but we at BCD would suggest people get the normal TPE...
I hope that clarifies our thoughts on this subject.
Best,
Jeff
-princeoverit
-Just in time

RogerSmith

Post by RogerSmith »

What's the deal with JY's platinum TPE? Is it legit platinum or knock-off? What separates it from regular TPE? Is it as safe as other brands' TPE?

Kira-sama
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Kira-sama »

RogerSmith wrote:What's the deal with JY's platinum TPE? Is it legit platinum or knock-off? What separates it from regular TPE? Is it as safe as other brands' TPE?
I think it's just the name of their no-oil (maintenance-wise) TPE.

One thing I noticed, is that my JY 161cm's platinum TPE is softer than my WM doll and I think slightly softer than my YL doll.

Don't know about the safety of it, but I think it would be just as safe as TPE from the other big brand doll makers.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Forget who makes it....
No matter who does.....
A coating is put OVER the TPE
If you do not care for the COATING well, it will come off SOONER than it should.
Make sense?
Best,
Jeff
-princeoverit
-Just in time

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:Forget who makes it....
No matter who does.....
A coating is put OVER the TPE
If you do not care for the COATING well, it will come off SOONER than it should.
Make sense?
Best,
Jeff
Jeff, that does make sense. So what you are saying is that for safe maintenance of a so-called "oil-free" TPE doll, you should just wash her in cold/lukewarm water with maybe a mild soap and keep her powdered when necessary? This is what I've been doing with Sophie over the past 7 months and she seems fine.

Incidentally, my first JY had standard TPE and leaked very little oil.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

RogerSmith wrote:What's the deal with JY's platinum TPE?
'Platinum' TPE is simply a term. It has been around being used for years. It means absolutely nothing.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

INFORMATIONS