teddy-babes.com

Teddy Babes Delivers

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
aire_tam_storm
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Teddy Babes Delivers

Post by aire_tam_storm »

Well, it's time for a Teddy Babe forum, because I'm glad to say, Teddy Babes can now be counted amongst the doll companies that deliver. My Lisa just arrived a short time ago :razz:

Some initial impressions:
She looks awesome. Really, really impressive, and I haven't even taken her out of the bag. (Can't until tonight, bad day for her to arrive, have guests over. But better today than tommorow though. :D) On the downside, she seems to be less leggy than she was in the prototype pictures. Her legs are like six inches or less from the knee down. She's barely larger than my 1ST PC Torso which has no legs. These are just initial impressions though, like I said I haven't been able to realy look at her much. Expect to hear/see more tommorow. Oh by the way, the pre-order surprise that D&J mentioned is a set of latex nipples that I assume attach to the TBabes plush ones. No idea how that goes, or what they even look like though, I just read it on that letter you see in the picture.
[img]http://members.aol.com/ZakullKai/emeraldweapon.gif[/img]

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Aire Tam Storm,

Glad to hear the good news!
We'll take TB forum into discussion!
Congrats with your doll!

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

ProudTex1957
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ProudTex1957 »

Aire Tam Storm,

Thanks for the photo. She looks beautiful!
My Lisa should arrive sometime next week and your photo is a preview of what she will first look like. I am also getting a Cindy Teddy-Babe.

By the end of next week (7/22/06), there should be notices of lots of Teddy-Babes being delivered.

Ready for an official Teddy-Babe forum!

BopTop

Post by BopTop »

Congrats! The latex nipples are an interesting bonus, have to see how that goes.

I'll have to see about the legs myself when my Tina arrives.
Teddy Babe Katherine [url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10317]Kat's Pics[/url]<br />[url=http://www.dollforum.com/matrix/public_html/matrix_teddybabes/katherine_tina_passport.htm]Kat on the Matrix![/url]

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

Aire Tam Storm,

It sounds like you are saying that the lower leg is not proportional to other body parts but you must be mistaken because the photos on the Doll Features page show them proportional to the body. I thought the doll was simply small in size.
Please give us torso dimensions to arm and leg length when you find the time....I need to know.

clocks

Post by clocks »

He also said that she is barely larger than a 1stPC torso - that can't be right either, unless he means that the torso is about that size. I know the doll is small, but it shouldn't be THAT small...

I have a Lisa on order that should be delivered sometime this week, if all the planets are in alignment.. I'm sure TDF will be flooded with TeddyBabe photos over the next couple of weeks, so once I receive her I'll save some bandwidth and just post my impressions...

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

My 1PC Torso is only 30 inches long and I'm looking well over her head in the missionary position. My B7 Realdoll would be 5 inches longer if she were a torso. I just placed my 1PC Torso on Angel to measure.

captain43

Post by captain43 »

Aire Tam storm, Congratulations on your arrival! Isn't it crazy how when we get our dolls, we don't have the time to investigate right away? It's happened to me before. Anyway, I won't get mine til Monday or so, gotta stay patient....
Official Tina Teddy Babe owner!

Vlad
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Vlad »

I can't wate to hear what you think of her.

I personaly am planing on buying one of the TB girls.

Though I'm going to wate for more info from you guys first.

She looks and sounds great.

Let us know whats up when she get's to you!

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

:D Congrats Storm!
Yes, please 'test her out' and give us a review!

ChikkinNoodul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ChikkinNoodul »

Damn, I really need to talk to the guys from my bank tomorrow... I want my debit card, quickly!
Acomocliticism - interesting word indeed.
http://acomoclitic.blogspot.com/

My Album:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10384

aire_tam_storm
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by aire_tam_storm »

It sounds like you are saying that the lower leg is not proportional to other body parts but you must be mistaken because the photos on the Doll Features page show them proportional to the body. I thought the doll was simply small in size.
Please give us torso dimensions to arm and leg length when you find the time....I need to know.
Yeah, I don't know if they changed it from the prototype, or if it's just not as noticeable from pictures, but her leg below the knee isn't proportional to the rest. And as can be seen in these pitures, her legs make her only around two feet longer than a 1STPC Torso:
Decided to move the 1PC's dress so you can tell exactly where she ends in this next one:

These next two pictures are for the people who wanted to see her next to a frame of reference. Sadly we all don't own 1STPCs, but almost everyone has your standard 12 inch ruler:
This last one's to show the length of her legs:

Onto the review:
Overall, I'm glad that I bought Lisa. She's going to be my top doll now just like I figured she'd be. (The 1PC is good, just the stubs are annoying) She's just perfect for holding, and even in the middle of a heat wave, she was nice to cuddle up next to. Unless some breakthrough doll in doll tech shows up, or more likely, if TBabes makes new models, I probably will be sticking to Lisa as my final end all doll. I don't really see any reason to buy a higher end doll, she's a great starter doll, and has enough features to compete with the high end dolls, and surpass them in some respects. But like any creation there are the faults:
Main Fault: The leg length. I think she'd be perfect if her legs were just a foot or two longer. Maybe Teddy Babes will put out a longer legged version soon that I can "upgrade" to.
Secondary Fault: Her arms use joints that I suspect will become a problem at some point.. They seem to be the only real thing on a Teddy Babe that might actually break.
Minor annoyance #1: Someone posted in the original Teddy Babes thread about not liking the press on nails. They were really onto something. I have to advise Teddy Babes to ditch these. Someone could forseeibly lose an eye to these nails. Considering how much bad luck D&J have run into already regarding the line, I'd assume the worst and protect myself from this scenario if I were them. For buyers, this problem is taken care of easily enough by removing, or clipping the nails. D&J also will ship dolls without them if asked. Without should be the default in filling future orders I'd say.
Minor annoyance #2: Insert. I used a Fleshlight with Lisa, but boy was it a real pain getting it to fit. Luckily the documentation that came with Lisa had detailed instructions on how to accomplish this. It basically involves inverting the fleshlight, so that the "end" is pulled down over the "front", you then put the inverted fleshlight front first over the Teddy Babes entry. then just push the flehlight into the doll, and undoing the inversion. With the Fleshlight you get left with about 6 inches though that just can't fit. I cut this exces off, and it fit perfectly, if not a bit sideways. Another problem is the fleshlight's sticky nature. A lot of "plush" matter sticks to it. I'm not having much luck in getting this off either.

Overall she's a great doll. Definately the doll that everyone interested in owning a doll should buy as their first doll, and then, if they don't get hooked to having her in bed with them all night and instead want more realism, make the jump to a silicone doll instead.
[img]http://members.aol.com/ZakullKai/emeraldweapon.gif[/img]

BopTop

Post by BopTop »

Thanks for the insights. A lot of things you mentioned were perfect. I was already wary of the nails when I first saw the TB dolls, so I ordered mine without. The "starter doll" comment made my day, that's me! Yes, the legs do look short, an issue I might have since stockings and thigh high boots might be WAY too big on the TB dolls.

From your first impressions, it sounds like TB will be a hit. I suggest they get some free press like Real dolls did when they gave Howard Stern one.
Teddy Babe Katherine [url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10317]Kat's Pics[/url]<br />[url=http://www.dollforum.com/matrix/public_html/matrix_teddybabes/katherine_tina_passport.htm]Kat on the Matrix![/url]

Nada

Post by Nada »

Aire tam Storm, how are her knee-caps formed?
teddy-babes.com dollfeatures page (doggie-position from a side view)
(And now, from your detailed review, I realise that I was not seeing an "optical illusion".)

For some needed details. . .

Are her knee-caps simply formed from strands of thread that are sewn all the way though to the other side and then looped-back inwards, again and again, to form its shape and area?

Also, is her internal wire-structure completely dedicated to being the knee's bend, at only one point in her leg? (This could effect some restructuring decisions, here.)

So, would losing three inches or more from a thigh, that is added to the shin's length, make it more proportional or at least more acceptable with her leg's over-all length?

And HELL YES ! ! !
Please give TB a forum at TDF and I will add it to my MLD Yahoo group.

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

The legs were important to me because I like to cuddle and sleep with one leg over the doll's legs like I do with Angel. I just didn't realize they were so short from the site photos. The 1PC torso is short and the TB torso seems to be shorter. A doll's legs ( crotch to bottom of feet...not end of toes ) should be as long or slightly longer than the torso from the crotch to top of the head. I like legs and feet on a doll for sleeping and I'm hoping for a new version with more leg as you are, Aire Tam Storm but the TB is better than just a torso with stubs that hurt me during sex.

INFORMATIONS