betterlovedoll.com

Seeking Interview Participants

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
discipline_+_punish
Student Account
Student Account

Re: Seeking Interview Participants

Post by discipline_+_punish »

urinedanger wrote:People look at dolls as perverted for just sex. But I read quite a few blogs and thoughts from people on here. A lot of them care for their dolls. I would say its close to 99%. And they learn a lot from them. And i think learning how to deal with a doll can actually help them on understanding what woman have to go through to look beautiful on a date with them.

They learn how dress them, put make up on them, accessorize them, take beautiful pics of them, how to make their skin softer etc. And they care for these dolls because a lot of time and effort into taking care of them. I think its a great step to start with before dating a woman so they understand what it takes to maintain an attractive item. Im not saying their is not a lot more to a woman then a doll but it gives them a understanding of the hard work u have to put into just a doll and the cost. Its not easy maintaining them and it takes time and effort. I have a doll coming and i was looking right now for clothing. Trying to find the most beautiful outfit for her. Nothing makes a woman feel more special then feeling beautiful inside and out.

I lost that with my ex. I didn't think about buying her stuff only her birthday or christmas. I never surprised her. But as I am looking now I should of thought about her more and finding things that I know would look beautiful on her that I know would of made her happy. And the relationship would of been better. I don't even have the doll yet but its already helping me understand I should of done for more for my ex. Thats my 2 cents that its educational too not just something to have sex with but I am not doing a interview.
Yeah man, the amount of time and work people put into their dolls has really blown me away. From all the things you said, but also just the day to day moving them around, a small caress or kiss, sitting them down. It's quite impressive.

No worries about the interview. Just happy for your two cents :)
- Ken Hanson
University of Oregon
Department of Sociology

731 PLC
1291 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97401

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

I'd be happy to share my perspectives with you in support of your study, but I've participated in several over the years and have yet to see a single one of them return here to post links to their progress or finished publications. Even when I have their departmental information, searching the web for their abstracts yields nothing. So, though willing, I'm a little bit turned off on the whole thing of late.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

discipline_+_punish
Student Account
Student Account

Rock13 wrote:I'd be happy to share my perspectives with you in support of your study, but I've participated in several over the years and have yet to see a single one of them return here to post links to their progress or finished publications. Even when I have their departmental information, searching the web for their abstracts yields nothing. So, though willing, I'm a little bit turned off on the whole thing of late.

I'll send you a PM to schedule. Thanks for the help, but I wanted to put on the record my plans for finished publications. That way you and anyone else can hold me accountable :)

Currently I'm about halfway done with interviews (been doing them for about two months). Hoping to do some "fieldwork" over the fall and winter. Going to AVN, EXXXOTICA in DC, and if possible, a factory visit and some doll meets. Want to start seriously writing in the winter and spring, and hope to have my first article out around then as well. So I'm thinking late 2021 or early 2022 the first article should be out, and then the full dissertation completed early 2023. If (and it's a big if) I can get a book contract, that will likely be in summer 2023 at my big annual conference for sociologists, and roll out in 2024 or 2025.

ACADEMIA IS SLOW, but I want to get it right!
- Ken Hanson
University of Oregon
Department of Sociology

731 PLC
Eugene, OR 97401

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Okay. Reply PM sent.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to the H2K Ranch

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

I had my interview with Ken yesterday and found that his questions were humane, objective, and on-point. It was a positive experience. If you're interested in adding your voice for consideration in his study then I'd certainly recommend that you do so.

Link to the H2K Ranch

discipline_+_punish
Student Account
Student Account

Rock13 wrote:I had my interview with Ken yesterday and found that his questions were humane, objective, and on-point. It was a positive experience. If you're interested in adding your voice for consideration in his study then I'd certainly recommend that you do so.

I enjoyed chatting with you the other day too. Thanks for the rec!
- Ken Hanson
University of Oregon
Department of Sociology

731 PLC
Eugene, OR 97401

salinaswriter1953

Post by salinaswriter1953 »

I would be willing to participate. This is a subject that I am also interested in as a doll owner, and would love to answer any questions that you may have.

discipline_+_punish
Student Account
Student Account

salinaswriter1953 wrote:I would be willing to participate. This is a subject that I am also interested in as a doll owner, and would love to answer any questions that you may have.
Great! I sent you a private message. Thanks for reaching out.
- Ken Hanson
University of Oregon
Department of Sociology

731 PLC
Eugene, OR 97401

Ownerfckdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Ownerfckdoll »

discipline_+_punish wrote:Also, it is my personal opinion that sex dolls will never become mainstream accepted7
I don't know, while still a ways to go, 20 years ago this is what you would read from women on any forum outside of doll specific forums like the DF:

"What kind of creep would fuck a doll?"
"No 'real' man would ever fuck a doll"
"At least these loosers are out of the gene pool"
"Ewwww... Ewwwwwwwwwwww... Ewwwwwwwww"

and then guys jumping in to "white knight" the women's disgust:

"Yep, it's only the real thing for me or nothing"
"Yep, these guys are beta"

While you can still find those attitudes out there, now you are just as likly to find this from guys out there:

"Wow, that dolls hot! I'd fuck her"
"Where do I get one?"
"Man, only if I could afford one"
etc.

And while it's still mostly disqust from women, occasionally now you will see a comment here or there along the lines of:

"Ladies, I wouldn't put up with our shit either, no wonder guys are turning to dolls".

So in another 20 years who knows.

:glou:

discipline_+_punish
Student Account
Student Account

[/quote]

So in another 20 years who knows.

[/quote]

Yeah I mean, I have to admit that even since posting this, the people I've interviewed have already changed my thinking on it a good bit. Which is part of why I'm doing the research, right? It is amazing how fast the community has grown but also how fast the tech is developing. This is clearly something people are attracted to, in growing numbers. So something's here, and in 20 years, it will only have become widespread. Now, does "widespread" = mainstream? That's a whole other question, but worth considering.
- Ken Hanson
University of Oregon
Department of Sociology

731 PLC
Eugene, OR 97401

markcyber

Post by markcyber »

discipline_+_punish wrote:
Yeah I mean, I have to admit that even since posting this, the people I've interviewed have already changed my thinking on it a good bit. Which is part of why I'm doing the research, right? It is amazing how fast the community has grown but also how fast the tech is developing. This is clearly something people are attracted to, in growing numbers. So something's here, and in 20 years, it will only have become widespread. Now, does "widespread" = mainstream? That's a whole other question, but worth considering.
Well widespread is not the same as mainstream because widespread just means how prolific something is, smoking cigarettes is still widespread but is no longer mainstream for example, because mainstream is a prevailing positive attitude in response to something seen as normal or acceptable or what most people do/popular.

So dildos use by women is both prolific and mainstream, doll use is neither currently.

discipline_+_punish
Student Account
Student Account

markcyber wrote:
discipline_+_punish wrote:
Well widespread is not the same as mainstream because widespread just means how prolific something is, smoking cigarettes is still widespread but is no longer mainstream for example, because mainstream is a prevailing positive attitude in response to something seen as normal or acceptable or what most people do/popular.

So dildos use by women is both prolific and mainstream, doll use is neither currently.

I think that's a fair distinction. I would add though that certain mainstream behaviors/ ideas may not necessarily be normal in a statistical sense though. These examples are more trivial. But, for instance, I would say that jogging is mainstream but fewer people jog than don't jog on a regular basis. It IS positive and normal, but a lot of people don't do it. So the perception of normalcy is just as, if not more important than, the # of people actually doing something.

I guess this just underscores your point though, that dolls can be/might be widespread but until a perceptual shift occurs, they are not mainstream.
- Ken Hanson
University of Oregon
Department of Sociology

731 PLC
Eugene, OR 97401

simonwildcat
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by simonwildcat »

I'll be in it

edward
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by edward »

I just had a good chat with Ken for about an hour. nice guy. If you need to talk about dolls but no one in your life wants to hear about it... do an interview! :glou:

Ashajin

Post by Ashajin »

ZannyDanger wrote:
siliconelover wrote:Discipline and punish ???

Seriously ...

No thanks.
:haha4:

And here i thought we prided ourselves on being such an open minded and welcoming community for people from all walks of life?

:plaidskirt:
You should meet the people in the Denver BDSM community - "Discipline and Punish" as an alias is the guy next door! "Good to meet'cha, friend.. Did you see the couple in the other room? She has like forty needles stuck thr...."

Let's collectively raise our tolerance levels a little, hm?
Ashajin
--
Sayara, Sino S33 & 162cm ("Lin Yanyan")

Not every Sino experience is a good one

INFORMATIONS