Starpery.com

Studless standing feet

Starpery mission is that"Let robot service to people, and protect people!". We are the manufacturer of TPE doll and silicone doll, based on Huizhou city, China. We are devoting ourself to improve doll apery ability of appearance and movement so that she or he can help more the unable, or the loneliness, or other fans. Wish our doll can bring the funny, service and protection to all human being in future. Website: https://www.starpery.com
mark123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Studless standing feet

Post by mark123 »

Is there an option of studless standing feet? If so, then can the doll stand in her flat shoes for a prolonged time? Studless standing feet would be great as it will allow dolls to be in standing position yet allows the doll to be bathed without worrying that the foot skeleton will get wet and rust.

Also, is it possible for the foot skeleton to be designed so that it does not cut into the silicone underneath when the doll is standing for a long time? I reckon this can be done by having all edges of the metal foot plate rounded off and folded inwards, and the ankle joint being placed above the foot plate so that the joint will not directly transfer the weight onto the silicone underneath?

Finally, can you please show us pics of the studless standing feet? And how much extra do we pay for studless standing feet?

DeploySamme
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Studless standing feet

Post by DeploySamme »

I too wonder this.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Something like this?
Non_Bolt_Foot.JPG
Non_Bolt_Foot.JPG (22.83 KiB) Viewed 1306 times

Spartacus
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Spartacus »

The studs under the doll are bolted on the skeleton so the weight of the doll is not pushing against the TPE or silicone at the bottom of the feet. Some dolls have removable studs that you can unscrew and srew back in later on, of course if you take them out you will have small holes at the bottom of the feet but I dont think its a big deal unless foot fetish is really your thing. Other than that I would totaly go for standing feet option.
I am not aware of studless standing feets that are made of smooth and soft material. The purpose of the stud is to protect the soft material.
I hope this was helpful and I hope you find what you are looking for !!
WM 152 A-cup
Irontech A-cup
Small boobies ftw!

Spartacus
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Spartacus »

seagull wrote:Something like this?
Non_Bolt_Foot.JPG
That would give a bigger surface for the weight to spread but im pretty sure at some point the TPE would get damaged and/or deformed, unless they make a special TPE for the bottom of the feets ?!?
WM 152 A-cup
Irontech A-cup
Small boobies ftw!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Possibly a pre-formed high density sole attached to the skeleton before pouring
The sole should blend with the pour and cool fairly quick without losing any density :)

Colonel Angus
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Colonel Angus »

My only worry with studs, is that it is an avenue for moisture to get inside.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Does limit it to blanket bathing or similar but not shower or bath immersion
A light doll can be put in a bath with the feet an neck up, washing with a hand held shower becomes a doddle :)

mark123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mark123 »

seagull wrote:Possibly a pre-formed high density sole attached to the skeleton before pouring
The sole should blend with the pour and cool fairly quick without losing any density :)
I have asked Starpery to provide photos of the feet, and put the photo of the feet onto their product page, but they still haven't done anything

The_Doll_Guy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by The_Doll_Guy »

if you choose tpe body it has studs, if you choose full silicone they can do studless. Just ordered today

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

mark123 wrote:Is there an option of studless standing feet? If so, then can the doll stand in her flat shoes for a prolonged time? Studless standing feet would be great as it will allow dolls to be in standing position yet allows the doll to be bathed without worrying that the foot skeleton will get wet and rust.

Also, is it possible for the foot skeleton to be designed so that it does not cut into the silicone underneath when the doll is standing for a long time? I reckon this can be done by having all edges of the metal foot plate rounded off and folded inwards, and the ankle joint being placed above the foot plate so that the joint will not directly transfer the weight onto the silicone underneath?

Finally, can you please show us pics of the studless standing feet? And how much extra do we pay for studless standing feet?
I mean you COULD make a TPE doll with standing feet and no studs.

But that would require another (harder) material for the feet. Either harder composition for the the foot molded with the doll or a harder sole material applied afterwards to prevent the TPE tearing as it interacts with the floor and supports the weight of the doll. Even then the interface between the sole material and regular TPE would be a concern.

Plus the soles of the feet might look a bit odd, which would be a concern for those who like the feet.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Color matching a harder material to the feet color is going be a challenge as well :)
The tried and tested work around is footwear, socks etc.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Defiantly yes ... shows and socks are the only real cure.

A post molding anti tear foot pad might be OK with a slightly different color, the soles of human feet are usually a different color than that of the ankle or upper foot. Either due to blood flow, years of wear, etc. But there are (at least) two major issues.

First is that the TPE manufactures are not yet into any post mold material bonding to the doll. Plus actual doll detailing or blending is maybe a quick nip and labia color then ship with a head (those details are done quickly and separately). Ultra detailing or such for TPE is still not common.

Second are the end users. They have come to expect, or accept, a uniform color TPE doll. Except maybe for lips and nips. And perhaps dreams of tan lines. I'm sure there would be wails and moans about the feet looking "odd" and such. I don't think I have ever seen a post from a new owner who just got their doll, looked at the doll feet, looked down at their own feet and then complained that the doll feet were all the same color. :)

But ... things are changing.
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

ninthwave83
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ninthwave83 »

Chefguy wrote:if you choose tpe body it has studs, if you choose full silicone they can do studless. Just ordered today
Bugger, that's annoying. I ordered a full silicone about 3 weeks ago but didn't realise that was an option...

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Studs can be removed and holes in Silicone dolls can be filled with Silicone adhesives :)

INFORMATIONS