Slicone ???

Got an idea? Need an invention?
fourmaki
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Slicone ???

Post by fourmaki »

Thomas:
Not to tip my hand to much you are so right great minds do think alike. It is not so much the silicone all though is has its conserns. A number if other factors can enhance the durability of a doll.

Base material is only one of five off the top of my head that contribuite to durability of a doll.

I hate to be so vauge but I am sure you understand why.

But you are on the right track.

I am runnig test with cleartex as we speek. Not to impressed as yet. May be a application. for makeup or somthing. we will see.

Thank you " keep the weels turning, it is harder than it looks "

Mark

Thomas said
What is cleartex? Can you tell me more? Mechanical durability is only one requirement. Another very important point: it has to be biocompatible for a love doll.
I don't think silicone is that weak in general. I think it is the softener used for the doll silicone that makes it tear. I've made a test with a RealDoll hand Matt gave me in February 2000. It seems to be made of the pure silicone without the softener. I folded a finger very strong for a week to generate compression wrinkles. But after a week there where no compression wrinkles or any loss of shape. So to get a strong, durable silicone you have to leave away any kind of softener. The softness has to be created by the skin design.

Thomas

creator
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Slicone ???

Post by creator »

Hello,

only CLEARTEX 117 is the stretchable waterclear latex. shore A 3 ?!
The problem, latex is not compatible with silicone. You need a special primer to connect. But good compatible with PU-foam. You can build foamies and inflatable dolls.
CLEARTEX is the same like LATEXmilk from Kremer in Germany, but this not waterclear.

I ordered CLEARTEX and will test to make a waterclear inflatable doll. You can play in the pool and nobody can see the doll.

[img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Michael

DryMartini

Slicone ???

Post by DryMartini »

Is this Forum "Awesome....or what!" I love the fact that Mark and Michael are "talking" to one another.....now if we could only get Matt to sign in! [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Slicone ???

Post by Bill »

I tested Walco V-1062, V-1068, and CINE-SKIN without any softener added for compression marks by folding it for six weeks and all three formed compression marks. I started a small tear with a knife on the other side of the fold and the tear expanded all of the way across in the same six weeks. Conclusion: Present day silicone will not last for the long term. I havn't ordered ClearTex to test.
Before I order another doll, I will want a four inch long by 1/2 inch diameter sample to test for compression and tear resistance.
Bill

MarkY

Slicone ???

Post by MarkY »

Could it be that silicone is much like latex?
That is that it can be stretched to a certain limit then suddenly 'gives' or tears.
Latex behaves much the same way. You fold it
and you develop a crease which tears easily.
Too sharp a corner with not enough latex
and your inflatable shape will pop.
Another experiment. precut the sharp inside fold of the creased area then replace it with
a smooth radius of new unstetched silicone
and see if it develops a crack over the same
time period. Make sure for control you have
a batch of the same stuff with a regular fold. I have talked with Mark about this and
will talk to Matt at the convention.
Gee, this procedure only used a small 2 OZ
bottle for armpit/ crotch/ underbreast and
vag repair. These repairs have lasted for
a full year now on Anjie.

INFORMATIONS