Starpery.com

TPE body paint used by the manufactueres

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Oftenwrong

TPE body paint used by the manufactueres

Post by Oftenwrong »

If it matters, WM is the manufacturer I have in mind.

Does anyone know exactly what they are using for areola colouring and other highlighting?

Thank You!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: TPE body paint used by the manufactueres

Post by Mr Franz »

As far as I know it's just regular makeup set with heat. The factory color didn't survive the 1st series of washes on my WM. Easy to redo though, with either makeup or markers.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Recently Wheezer proposed making a thin paste of 3M 94 Primer mixed with TPE shavings to paint over the colored areas, thus protecting them from washing off
There were also thoughts about making colored paste as more permanent solutions :)

Oftenwrong

Post by Oftenwrong »

Thank you both!

Strange why this is difficult to pinpoint, I've scoured the internet and come up with nothing absolute. I wish I knew somebody on the inside to ask.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

A few years ago there was a WM factory video floating around showing them applying what looked like regular powdered makeup then hitting it with a heat gun. Heat seals it I suppose and keeps it from just rubbing off, but since it will still come off with baby oil, I'm inclined to believe that's all it is.

Oftenwrong

Post by Oftenwrong »

Mr Franz wrote:A few years ago there was a WM factory video floating around showing them applying what looked like regular powdered makeup then hitting it with a heat gun. Heat seals it I suppose and keeps it from just rubbing off, but since it will still come off with baby oil, I'm inclined to believe that's all it is.
Seems anyone interested has found acceptable replacements in standard cosmetics. I'm into painting things due to my other hobbies and have quite a bit of experience, I figure if I knew what they are using I could duplicate it and possibly improve on the application, durability or maybe simply using higher quality paint or whatever it is. I also have plenty of time to fool around with it. It would just be a good thing to know to start out with. You're right, it could very well be nothing more than standard cosmetics, maybe the acrylics used on latex masks applied very thinly.

In any case I'll hunt to down a piece of TPE to experiment on first, don't want to waste the supplied piece.

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

Eye shadow has been recommended a number of times on this forum. I was told by a manufacturer that lipstick is also a good option for maintaining the doll's Labia.
Perception - "We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." Anais Nin

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

INFORMATIONS