Starpery.com

My new cleaning setup

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Beardo822

My new cleaning setup

Post by Beardo822 »

My Anastasia was a bit overdue for a proper cleaning. I never had a hanging kit until I received Alexis. So, I did some brain storming and came up with this set up to give her a good bath. I don't have a place to hang the hook from so I used a pull-up bar. It holds me, so it'll hold the weight of a doll no problem.
I have to say the dish soap with the spray feature works incredibly well! I figured if it's good enough for the poor wildlife you see in their commercials covered in crude oil, surely its good enough for a doll. Spray her down, and use your bare hands to work the soap. She hasn't been this squeaky clean in a long time!
Attachments
clean 1.jpeg
clean 1.jpeg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 424 times
clean 2.jpeg
clean 2.jpeg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 424 times
clean 3.jpeg
clean 3.jpeg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 424 times
clean 4.jpeg
clean 4.jpeg (2.02 MiB) Viewed 424 times

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: My new cleaning setup

Post by Rock13 »

Looks like an elegant solution! I worked in incident response, mainly oil spills and hurricanes, for nearly 30 years and often had numerous wildlife recovery facilities in my command structure. They do indeed use a lot of Dawn because it doesn't cause irritation or severe allergic reactions and as surfactants go it is very aggressive toward all classes of oils. You may have to be extra vigilant in watching for evidence of excessive dryness. Probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but I'm just trying to be helpful.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Beardo822

Post by Beardo822 »

Rock13 wrote:Looks like an elegant solution! I worked in incident response, mainly oil spills and hurricanes, for nearly 30 years and often had numerous wildlife recovery facilities in my command structure. They do indeed use a lot of Dawn because it doesn't cause irritation or severe allergic reactions and as surfactants go it is very aggressive toward all classes of oils. You may have to be extra vigilant in watching for evidence of excessive dryness. Probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but I'm just trying to be helpful.
I appreciate the input! Thanks. Yeah, I didn't leave the soap on too long, I lathered it in and then wiped it off with a fairly damp/wet facecloth. She air dried last night and she's currently hanging there with baby powder all over her. Cleaning her face and gonna do some makeup here shortly! I will certainly keep an eye on how dry she gets, though! The JY TPE does seem pretty durable though as I compare her to my YL Alexis

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

I figured you were on top of it. Sounds groovy.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Brunch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Brunch »

It's funny, I also have a pull-up bar similar to yours for hanging my doll. Only I mounted mine inside a closet now, but before that it hung exactly like yours.
I have cleaned/washed mine with dish soap also. Afterwards I washed it again with an almond hand soap, which gave it a light scent of marzipan :lol:

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I use Dawn dish soap myself. The regular version though and only about a teaspoon or so in a couple quarts of warm water. Personally, I'd be very reluctant to use Ultra or Platinum Dawn undiluted on TPE.

Beardo822

Post by Beardo822 »

Mr Franz wrote:I use Dawn dish soap myself. The regular version though and only about a teaspoon or so in a couple quarts of warm water. Personally, I'd be very reluctant to use Ultra or Platinum Dawn undiluted on TPE.
Appreciate the advice. To tell you the truth, I had not washed her skin in quite some time (certainly cleaned her orifices, though) and she had basically lived in my bed so she got pretty dirty. The baby oil method wasn't really getting me anywhere and I was getting frustrated with it. She is well used but also showing signs of wear. At this point, if she ever had to be "retired" I got great value out of her. She'll probably end up being my practice doll for repairs, etc. All her joints from the hips down are so loose that there's no way she could stand on her own. That's not all bad though - it's actually really fun for playtime and cuddling!
:glou:

INFORMATIONS