betterlovedoll.com

Scientific survey about dolls

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Re: Scientific survey about dolls

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi Lasse, thank you for the summary, it was a real pleasure to contribute, best wishes and a lot of scietific success.

Chris & Brigitte
Click here to see my Doll Album.

Mcpesch
Student Account
Student Account

Post by Mcpesch »

seagull wrote:Impressive summary, there is an omission in the young looking dolls section, people with health or fitness challenges being drawn towards the practicalities of smaller or lighter dolls :)
Yes, thanks that you mention it! That came up in the answers as well. If I did write about young looking dolls, I would mention that as well. A totally different topic that I barely touch in my thesis however. I just mentioned it in the summary because so many people - understandably - wanted to talk about that.
Rock13 wrote:Through our daily review of the forum- which itself is just a sample based on the active membership- it seems that most of us have a good qualitative sense for how many have this or that kind of doll and interact with them in this or that manner- but these scientific surveys are at the mercy of people's willingness to participate. As he points out, the majority of his sample were heterosexual males who "use a doll as a substitute for a woman". The only distinction I would've liked to see there is the difference between those males who he says "can't get a woman" vs. the one he doesn't mention- those who have had relationships with women and now prefer dolls.
You are totally right that my sample is biased in the sense that people need to be willing to take time etc. That's nearly always the case in social sciences and your insight in the who is who in the doll community is of course different. I don't consider my study to be "true", it just gets us closer to understanding the phenomenon of sex dolls. To be honest, 131 respondents for me is a lot but serious big surveys have way more participants ... :whistle:
And thanks for the reminder: actually many people told me about disapointing past relationships and how dolls were a good or better alternative. I just didn't add that to the summary :)
brigittes hubbie wrote:Hi Lasse, thank you for the summary, it was a real pleasure to contribute, best wishes and a lot of scietific success.

Chris & Brigitte
Thanks! :)

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Mcpesch wrote:
seagull wrote:Impressive summary, there is an omission in the young looking dolls section, people with health or fitness challenges being drawn towards the practicalities of smaller or lighter dolls :)
Yes, thanks that you mention it! That came up in the answers as well. If I did write about young looking dolls, I would mention that as well. A totally different topic that I barely touch in my thesis however. I just mentioned it in the summary because so many people - understandably - wanted to talk about that.
It's a 'hot' topic, triggered by recent legislation in several countries, and the position TDF has taken, see viewtopic.php?f=80&t=68191&p=1825250#p1825250

The Doll Man

Post by The Doll Man »

I just click on the link: " http://www.soscisurvey.de/dollstudy/?r=df/" to start the jorney, and my browser says: "404 Not Found"....
🚪 Dollmans Cabinet:__________ viewtopic.php?t=155843

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Kimmi Lovecok wrote:I just click on the link: " http://www.soscisurvey.de/dollstudy/?r=df/" to start the jorney, and my browser says: "404 Not Found"....
The survey is done, Kimmi Lovecok, you are too late to the party. :wink:

Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

INFORMATIONS