betterlovedoll.com

Member Gallery

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Member Gallery

Post by Sabrina »

Who is responsible for this, Inkling?

I think something wrong with picture info.

If I try to write a comment to a pic the text (something like) click for bigger pictute is included.
My comment/click on picture/ my comment a second time.

I cannot correct this text. http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... at=0&pos=0
See My Dolls <a href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10403"> Here</a>

Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sabrina »

Can I get a reply on my question, please?
It was lost due to holidays maybe.
See My Dolls <a href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10403"> Here</a>

Slim
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Slim »

Sabrina wrote:I dont know why this doll got the name Pinocciho Picaso but I use it
for my studies on how to make a doll move without motors and
electricity.
Has someone changed the name of your album? :? Is that your problem? But changing the name of an album is simple. Just click on Albums and select category * My gallery *. Click on the name Pinocciho Picaso, change the name and click on the button Apply modifications.
Sabrina wrote:I think something wrong with picture info.

If I try to write a comment to a pic the text (something like) click for bigger pictute is included.
You mean Click to view full size image? But that text is always included if the actual size of the picture you’ve downloaded was bigger than the picture that is shown in the Member Gallery! So was that your problem? :? Editing the rest of the text in the picture info is simple too.

Regards,
Slim

Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sabrina »

I cant edit that text away.

Ok, now the first pic is ok but not the second one.

The window for the pic is too big and therefore the link text is visible.

I have the same size on all pictures but I use Firefox as browser and it seems to cause me some problems.

Please look at second pic it it is correct or not, thanks.

Slim
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Slim »

Oh, I see! So that’s your problem. Well, I hadn’t looked at the second picture. But I use multiple browsers also Firefox and I can say that your browser isn’t the cause of your problem. You’ll have the same problem with Explorer too. Your problem is caused by the alignment of the picture info text. Centring the text seems to be something that isn’t supported properly. So I’ve left aligned your text.

Regards,
Slim

Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sabrina »

Thanks

So that was the problem.
First I was not able to enter text but after clicking center I could write the text.

Slim
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Slim »

One time this showed up in the edit box of the picture info text:
<div align="center">Is this cat planning a doll dinner?<br /></div>

Another time this showed up without the edit buttons at the bottom.
Is this cat planning a doll dinner?

And sometimes it’s simply impossible to edit the text in that box, because the text isn’t selectable at all! :?

Some bugs in the software. :evilbat:

Regards,
Slim

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Thank you Slim for answering this. For some reason, I missed this post.

If I do not respond in two days, try sending me a PM.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sabrina »

Now I have the same problem again trying to add text to album "SPONGE".

It is possible to write info inside the album I think and it is possible in Doll album but I cant get it right in Members gallery.

The text to this pic.

http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... at=0&pos=1

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Why are you trying to write a freakin' manual for a picture title? It's just supposed to be that - a picture title. I see that "sponge" would have been the next word. There is probably a character limit for a picture title. Why do you have all that set up as a link to an URL? Just use picture title as an anchor to the URL - and have that URL go to all the text.

BTW, you can type something in your TDForum Journal (give a brief, descriptive title), copy that URL into a text editor and use that URL - have it go to Journal.

The Member Gallery is supposed to be for posts. Most folks make a post and use URL tag buttons that link to their related photos in Member Gallery.

Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sabrina »

It doesnt say "picture title" it says "picture info".

I am just trying to show what sponge is.

Not all members have English as native language.

I have just written text. No url, no links.

Edit:

I have changed it.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

I have just tested this to make sure it is working correctly, and it is.

:upload picture:
You get a page with Browse button, followed by:
picture title
picture description

Your text was in picture title instead of picture description.
There is a character limit for these entries. "sponge" could not be added to the lengthy picture title because the title went past the character limit. Adding the link may have been the Coppermine software and not the User.

Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sabrina »

Edit. I can work around this problem now but still there is more problems with albums, both Member gallery and Doll album.
Ok,
upload pic,
try to write something in description box (I have never tried title)

Sometime it is possible to write in this box, sometimes not.

When I got it right I past the text as it was not possible to write in box.

There is no marker in the box. But it can or cannot be possible to write.

If you chose centered, left or right oriented text you got the marker.

IF you have this marker (and you should have) you get this linked text that is impossible to correct. It dont help to erase all text as the link is still there. Text can be edit but not the link.

I had to erase those pics and upload them again to get it right.

If other user dont have the same problem it might be my browser (Firefox)

Also try to add text later by viewing pic and chose edit picture info. It always fails to me.

But it cant be a big problem if I am the only one notice it.

But the text in picture info now it was mended as album text but it is not possible to view it as separate albums. Therefore such text is not possible.

I have to place album text in "My gallery" and in picture info.

If correct a album text should be on thumbnail page = album page.
Its the same problem with doll album but I have seen some members having text there but I dont know how to do it.

Looking back, I have checked a lot of dolls in Doll album to find out what doll to buy.

A lot of very nice dolls but which one? Nobody tells us which doll he has and therefore there is no much point in this doll album. Its only pictures.
Its good if you know that this doll is a RD body x with face x or it is a "foamie" from Harumi model x. Or a CD body x with head ???ops that was a big problem.

Doll album is just a picture album without text.

A picture is useless if you dont know what it is. Not very infomative for new members.

I cant come to the point here, I am very bad at that.

I make a album to show something.
Post a message with a link to this album.
Other member click link to see thumbnail page =album page.
Here the info should be, text under the thumbnails explaining all pictures and if text is special it must be a picture info text.

Also album info should be in "My gallery" as it is now.

I try to make informative albums as this is what I am missing here my self.

A picture dont say more than 1000 words, instead it need some text to explain what it is. Also a purpose with an album need to be explained.

But I write too much, ok.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

I do not believe picture title and picture description text blocks can accept HTML. Is this your problem?

TDAlbum Helpful Tips give a text image with step by step instructions. Other images contain step by step screen captures showing how to create an album and upload images. Many folks do not know how to backspace over New Album to give a name for their album.

It does not make sense that <i>some</i> text cannot be written in both picture title and picture description, since no one else has any problem with this.

Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sabrina »

INFORMATIONS