betterlovedoll.com

Editing topic titles

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
EBF
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Editing topic titles

Post by EBF »

On some other forums I'm visiting there is a possibility to edit topictitles (although this is mostly done by editing the first post). That is a nice touch, because if you update a photothread with new pictures, you can add that there is an update and include a teaser.

Now I know that it's intentional that one cannot edit a post after x hours, to prevent misuse (massdeleting of postes when a user wants to leave the forum). But it would be nice that I can edit the topictitle. PM-ing a mod isn't a real alternative, because if we'd all do that everytime we update a thread the mods would be swamped with requests.

It's probably not possible, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
I have two AI Neo Yuki dolls: Erika and Kim Ishino. They've got their own thread in the 4Woods forum.
Kim has a girlfriend: Erika Juliana Clark, she's got her own thread in the Yourdoll forum.
And then there is Alexandra Seizinger, who also has her own album and thread.

Lexi (a Phicen/TBleague doll) likes to travel.

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Re: Editing topictitles

Post by Studio »

EBF wrote:PM-ing a mod isn't a real alternative, because if we'd all do that everytime we update a thread the mods would be swamped with requests.
Sure, but that's part of the job. Feel free to swamp me (or someone else if you want the spelling to be correct!) whenever you want.

k_roll

Post by k_roll »

I agree. It would be great to be able to edit the title but only to the theme author!
I had a case of incorrect title of my topic, as a result of which it could not develop.

EBF
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by EBF »

Studio wrote:
EBF wrote:PM-ing a mod isn't a real alternative, because if we'd all do that everytime we update a thread the mods would be swamped with requests.
Sure, but that's part of the job. Feel free to swamp me (or someone else if you want the spelling to be correct!) whenever you want.
OK. Tnx. I'll keep it in mind. I still think it would be more convenient to do it myself.
What would the best way to make a request? PM-ing you or another mod, or reporting the topic (so any mod who is up to it can do it)?
k_roll wrote:I agree. It would be great to be able to edit the title but only to the theme author!
I had a case of incorrect title of my topic, as a result of which it could not develop.
In such a case I'd definitely contact a mod.
I have two AI Neo Yuki dolls: Erika and Kim Ishino. They've got their own thread in the 4Woods forum.
Kim has a girlfriend: Erika Juliana Clark, she's got her own thread in the Yourdoll forum.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

If you want the topic title of a thread you started to be changed, best is to report the first post of that thread and request the change.

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

EBF wrote: What would the best way to make a request? PM-ing you or another mod, or reporting the topic (so any mod who is up to it can do it)?
Exactly. Reporting is probably easiest for you and there is usually someone awake and monitoring,

EDIT: Looks like Nescio and I were writing at the same time. I recommend you do whatever he said!

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Studio wrote:EDIT: Looks like Nescio and I were writing at the same time. I recommend you do whatever he said!
That's always the best :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :mrgreen:

EBF
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by EBF »

OK. Tnx.

Kim
Doll
Doll
Location: in the Netherlands with my GF Juliana, my twinsister Erika, Alexa and EBF

Post by Kim »

That is nice to know, and action is taken :)
I have a dollalbum, with loads of nice pics. My twinsister Erika has her own album, which also has some pics of me hanging out with her. We have our own thread where we post our pics. Stop by and say Hi!

Don't forget to take a look at my girlfriend Juliana.

My Lexi visits lots of places. Allison is featuring in her travels. Allison has her own thread too.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: Editing topic titles

Post by Nescio50 »

Hey Kim, done! But please, we are not going to change the topic title on every update by just adding the update date to the title.

We support corrections, improvements and major updates of the topic title.

EBF
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by EBF »

Nescio50 wrote:Hey Kim, done! But please, we are not going to change the topic title on every update by just adding the update date to the title.

We support corrections, improvements and major updates of the topic title.
But it is exactly what I asked:
EBF wrote:On some other forums I'm visiting there is a possibility to edit topictitles (although this is mostly done by editing the first post). That is a nice touch, because if you update a photothread with new pictures, you can add that there is an update and include a teaser.
Which is what Kim now asked to do. She included that there is an update and added a teaser.

And I understand it adds to the workload, which is why I added.
And I got the response from Studio that he didn't mind.

The reason I was asking it, is because if you can change the title, you can make clear there's an update, and the responses weren't just people who were telling they like the pictures. It works quite nicely on some other forums, because then you can see "hey, there are new pictures, I better take a look."

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

At TDF there isn't a possibility for members to change the topic title (apart from editing a post within 24 hours as long as there is no reply).

Staff is able to change topic titles. We do so on request. We always check if the request is valid, most requests are granted (actually, I don't remember to reject such a request). Still common sense applies. We won't change a topic title on each new post by the OP. We will change a topic title if it's a correction, improvement, or major update.

Wolferich
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Wolferich »

I think we will need an extra new moderator to change everyone's thread titles.
Didn't someone apply for that? :haha4:
Have a nice day or night.

Wolferich M. Mf.

Büchsenmacher MK. XI

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Wolferich wrote:I think we will need an extra new moderator to change everyone's thread titles.
Didn't someone apply for that? :haha4:
There is a rumour that Kim would like to join TDF Staff ... just a rumour.

EBF
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by EBF »

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to give my dolls moderating powers :?

INFORMATIONS