ANDREA
ANDREA.png (212.79 KiB) Viewed 938 times
DS-04-TRANS
DS-04-TRANS
DS-04-TRANS.png (649.99 KiB) Viewed 938 times
FINAL REPORT
FINAL REPORT
FINAL REPORT.png (145.97 KiB) Viewed 938 times
Describing my airbabe in the style of Obi-Wan Kenobi; "She's more patch now than doll, twisted and crumpled."
Scammer switching my doll in the style of Darth Vader; "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."
Discussing my dolls in the style of Alien... Woman; "You admire them." Me; "I admire their purity."
Tagline in the style of Robocop; "PART WOMAN, PART FANTASY, ALL DOLL!"

Dolls Alive! -
Marlene And Layna Ch. マーリーン レーナ

Aardvark
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: LOVE AND VIBES Vibee-Doll MARINA / MARLENE help + tips

Post by Aardvark »

Wha...?

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Super stuff E2020 :thumbs_up:

Once you get tired of Stamp Collecting, come on back and post some on these wonderful Love & Vibes plastic princess

We'll see ya then - :thumbs_up:

Stay inflated

Joe 90
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe 90 »

I am going to bump this thread as it is such a detailed post about care, repair and problem solving. I do tend to come back to this thread as it covers many issues I have encountered and is a good guide overall about how to look after your dolls over a long period. I was also particularly impressed at how well the part air/part beads fill produced such a smooth flexible doll.

:puppydogeyes:
The Puppeteer...
Daniella jiggle wiggle.. :puppydogeyes:

viewtopic.php?p=2144328#p2144328

Aiko my anime girl..
viewtopic.php?t=115753

Joe 90
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe 90 »

I am not sure what Spacebear7778 is on about as I use a mobile phone to view the site. I find that all of the text and images fall into place neatly and the scrolling is much quicker. Whereas, I find that on the desktop layout it is much slower to read the posts and the images come in all sizes, some larger than the page. However, I do understand that everyone has a preference.
The Puppeteer...
Daniella jiggle wiggle.. :puppydogeyes:

viewtopic.php?p=2144328#p2144328

Aiko my anime girl..
viewtopic.php?t=115753

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

Joe 90 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:23 pm I am going to bump this thread as it is such a detailed post about care, repair and problem solving.

Thanks. This thread is rather large and graphic so I decided to continue my journey here: LOVE AND VIBES Marlene, Marina, Ava, Suzy, Aileen, Tanya, Lauren

The opening post of the new thread (PART II) gives details about how the dolls got on over the months...

I'll write an update soon in this thread as there is extra knowledge I feel I can share relating to many of the topics and more!
Describing my airbabe in the style of Obi-Wan Kenobi; "She's more patch now than doll, twisted and crumpled."
Scammer switching my doll in the style of Darth Vader; "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."
Discussing my dolls in the style of Alien... Woman; "You admire them." Me; "I admire their purity."

Dolls Alive! -

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

Here's how I fixed Marlene's latest fault using Performix VLP vinyl repair.

LOCATE THE SEAM FAULT.

I heard a pop a couple of days ago when I moved the doll's leg. I did my regualr seam inspection tonight and found a fault on the upper left thigh. The vinyl is hard and almost UPVC so it makes a popping sound when flexed. Marlene doesn't inflate but I don't want holes getting too large as the stuffing will escape and it could be annoying to repair if left unchecked. You can easily miss holes on a doll that doesn't inflate!

I used my finger to press gently on the areas that looked suspicious. Each case-by-case fault will be located by the owner using several available methods documented on TDF.

FIND THE WIDTH WITH A THIN TOOL - BE CAREFUL NOT TO MAKE THE HOLE WORSE.

I used my go-to miny screwdriver to find the seam fault dimensions. I was careful not to tear the brittle vinyl and open up the seam further as it was already 2cm in length. There's no rush!

PLACE TAPE TO MARK THE WIDTH AND APPLY VLP TO A SLIGHTLY WIDER AREA.

I placed sellotape to mark the edges of the seam so I would know exactly where to apply the VLP liquid. In this case, the goal was to keep the seam closed so I only applied a small thin layer. I didn't care too much about the cosmetic side of the repair as the doll is a wreck.

VLP CAN STICK TO THE TUBE. KEEP THE CORD SHORT BUT DO NOT PULL IT AWAY TOO SOON AS IT CAN FALL ON THE DOLL AND SET.

VLP is very runny as it exits the tube. Squeezing too hard can cause way too much liquid to fall onto the doll. Just go steady! A cord usually forms which will break and fall uncontrollably onto the doll if you try and stretch it to pull away. It curls into a worm shape and sets on the vinyl marking it. Not ideal.

Keep the cord as short as possible and close to the area you are sealing. It will break once it begins to set and stay attached to the tube if you are lucky lol. I hate this part of the repair.

LEAVE THE REPAIR TO DRY FOR 12 HOURS OR LONGER.

I made a mental note of the time. A small repair can set within two hours but I don't push my luck so I leave the doll overnight. It really does depend on how much VLP you apply. The instructions on the tube packet detail this part of the repair.

HAPPY DOLL!

Your doll should be good to go. It really does depend on how much VLP you use to repair a seam fault. You may want to use a small amount inserted into the doll to close the wound or you may go crazy and cover a large area. You may also inflate the doll ASAP to put pressure on the seam forcing the VLP to seal the hole. It's trial and error I am afraid so good luck!

Performix VLP vinyl repair seam fix
Performix VLP vinyl repair seam fix
VLP SEAM FIX.png (2.06 MiB) Viewed 543 times

Dolls Alive! -

Marlene And Layna
Doll
Doll

Post by Marlene And Layna »

Entity2020 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:10 pm HAPPY DOLL!
Thank you xxxxxxxx

Marlene xx
Marlene xx
FIXT.png (736.33 KiB) Viewed 531 times

ChadleyInkwell
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChadleyInkwell »

This is the thread that inspired me to buy my own Daio Shi inflatable girl (Crystal).

After being a "TPE doll guy", for the first time, I saw someone take inflatable dolls to a cool, new level. It changed my perception of what an "inflata-babe" could be.

The bar had been raised.
1. Sara WM 162E viewtopic.php?f=240&t=148644
2. Ana Marie - Kimber Doll viewtopic.php?f=489&t=149572
3. Yazmin - WM 156F
4. Crystal - inflatable viewtopic.php?t=158662

Benefits of Dolls: viewtopic.php?p=2285542

Just as dolls absorb our body heat, so too do they absorb life from our soul (our desires, memories, love).
With us, they come alive.

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

ChadleyInkwell wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:39 am This is the thread that inspired me to buy my own Daio Shi inflatable girl (Crystal).
I'm really pleased you found Crystal, she's a stunner! Reading your TDF posts, I can see you are having lots of fun 8)

Entity.

Dolls Alive! -

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

I woke today to find Suzy's arm has dropped! OH NO! is there a leak?

Suzy is cold bless her
Suzy is cold bless her
01 - SUZY + AILEEN.png (869.45 KiB) Viewed 445 times

NAH, NO LEAK! :lying:

I know better... it's December 1st! The temperature has dropped in recent days so all the dolls are losing pressure because the air inside them is contracting due to the cold. The doll room is also experiencing low pressure as winter approaches. Aileen has only had a small amount of air because she is going back into storage. Aileen's factory-new creases are still visible even though she's several months old because she's never had a default inflation period to iron them out. Suzy is smooth as she's been inflated with reasonable pressure for most of 2022.

Twins; Aileen (top), Suzy (bottom)
Twins; Aileen (top), Suzy (bottom)
02 - SUZY + AILEEN.png (841.01 KiB) Viewed 445 times

So what do I do about it?

In late September, I was worried about Suzy as the weather gave her lots of pressure so I let some air out - Suzy and Layna almost popped during the long hot summer of 2022 and had to be adjusted weekly! I'm going to leave all the doll's air pressure alone BUT keep an eye out. The dolls will revert back to the safe pressures I set for a warm room once the heating kicks in to match summer temperatures.

Suzy is fine now I've warmed up the room just a couple of degrees. She felt as cold as my TPE doll when I touched her body. Inflating her to compensate is NOT a good idea as the doll could expand beyond a safe pressure when the temperature rises.

So wait and see if your doll's air pressure continues to drop to make sure it's not temperature related!

BONUS TIP: I snapped the small tab off Suzy's air valve trying to pull it open as it's a tight fit - go steady!

Suzy is nice and cosy now
Suzy is nice and cosy now
03 - SUZY + AILEEN.png (872.93 KiB) Viewed 445 times

You can read more about Suzy and Aileen here: LOVE AND VIBES Suzy/Paulina + Aileen/Sharon

Dolls Alive! -

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

Suzy, Andrea, and Layna love their white duvet and sheet.
Suzy, Andrea, and Layna love their white duvet and sheet.
TEN DEGREES.png (924.99 KiB) Viewed 381 times

Here's a quick update on my doll pressure as we approach Winter 2022 in the UK...

My dolls are stored in a different location this year as I claimed my bed back lol. The temperature drops to around 7 degrees in the room overnight and only rises to around 11 during the day. The UK is experiencing a 'polar blast' from Greenland and Iceland and high heating costs so home life is different this year.

I've had to adjust all of the inflated doll's pressure for the forthcoming Winter period. I didn't have to add much extra air to fix the creasing and collapsing bodies but I will keep an eagle eye on them. The first thing I do when I wake is check if the dolls are still alive!!!

Camped in for the winter...

Layna's left leg twisted in the early days because she was lying in bed on her left side. The weight of the heavy duvet stretched the vinyl and is irreversible as the leg always reverts back to the twisted state over time. I use a small white pillow to keep the ankles straight and it does help but doesn't take long for her left foot to point 45 degrees. There is an improvement when the pillow is taken away as you can see in the following photos. The pillow also protects the legs from rotation and potential ankle seam faults when Layna is covered with a heavy throw or bedding :!:

Andrea's right leg twists clockwise to the right thanks to Earth's gravity 8O ... I keep adjusting the foot but it's futile. Suzy's propping up Andrea's foot otherwise it just flops over. Layna is partially stuffed giving her stronger ankles.

BONUS TIPS:

The dolls are all laid out straight to combat vinyl warping from their default factory pose.
There is clean white tissue covering the inserts to protect them from dirt and oil transfer stains to the sheets and T-Shirt.
Layna is allowed to wear the T-Shirt as it's proven to be safe. She's worn that item for 10 months solid with no problems.
The black wig is also proven to be safe.
A faint yellow permanent ring hides behind the choker on Layna's plastic neck but I don't mind as I have no plans to remove it. She's worn that choker for 23 months!
The white sheets and duvet have not come into contact or been soaked in TPE oil as I keep those separate.
The dolls are away from direct sunlight.

Entity.

Layna's foot pillow
Layna's foot pillow
FOOT PILLOW.png (943.76 KiB) Viewed 374 times
Layna's ankle improvement
Layna's ankle improvement
FEET.png (958.13 KiB) Viewed 374 times
Marlene loves the bed
Marlene loves the bed
MARLENE.png (700.22 KiB) Viewed 362 times

Dolls Alive! -

Agent Laura
Doll
Doll

Post by Agent Laura »

Entity2020 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:30 am
Here's a quick update on my doll pressure as we approach Winter 2022 in the UK...

Fit Female Working, Huge Tire Turning, 01.jpg
Fit Female Working, Huge Tire Turning, 01.jpg (369.12 KiB) Viewed 372 times

Fit Female Working, Huge Tire Turning, 02.jpg
Fit Female Working, Huge Tire Turning, 02.jpg (543.78 KiB) Viewed 372 times

🤏Yours Precious,
NMC Agent Aimee -aka- Laura Soft

ChadleyInkwell
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChadleyInkwell »

They are gorgeous!
1. Sara WM 162E viewtopic.php?f=240&t=148644
2. Ana Marie - Kimber Doll viewtopic.php?f=489&t=149572
3. Yazmin - WM 156F
4. Crystal - inflatable viewtopic.php?t=158662

Benefits of Dolls: viewtopic.php?p=2285542

Just as dolls absorb our body heat, so too do they absorb life from our soul (our desires, memories, love).
With us, they come alive.

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

ChadleyInkwell wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:45 pm They are gorgeous!
Aren't they just :D
Joe 90 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:23 pm I was also particularly impressed at how well the part air/part beads fill produced such a smooth flexible doll.
Marlene has lumpy areas that clearly show where the beads/balls are in places because extreme heat treatment melted the vinyl like a cheese slice on top of beans :roll: Losing plasticiser was also an issue as the vinyl set and moulded around the tightly packed stuffing over time. Layna aka Marina has not suffered the same fate because her care plan was crafted by learning from Marlene's problems. Similar rules apply to my first TPE doll because a care plan can be constructed by learning the hard way. I opted not to stuff my other dolls as it means they have to stay inflated.

Here's a photo of Layna's smooth skin after 23 months of partial stuffing. The small polystyrene balls stick to the inside of the vinyl due to static but pose no threat thankfully. A strong light shows their location for reference:

Layna's smooth balls :D
Layna's smooth balls :D
BALLS.png (1008.31 KiB) Viewed 352 times

Dolls Alive! -

INFORMATIONS