Starpery.com

My newish dolls arms both broke at the same time.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
nikonD
Apprentice
Apprentice

My newish dolls arms both broke at the same time.

Post by nikonD »

So I got my doll about 6 months ago. Its a SM157c and I have had it out maybe 8 times because I have been out of state since September and just got back.

So I use my doll to take photos with. I am really careful with it to.

While moving the arms out to the side to prepare its first mayor cleaning they just both "popped off" at the shoulder joint. WTH!!!

I have never put this thing in any weird positions, or forced any of the joints. This is a common position!

I have moved the arms in this position other times and with no issues.

What do I do? Cut it open at the joint area to find out what happened?

I really hope its fixable!

I included a video.
Attachments
Vid 20210319 183448-1.m4v
(5.45 MiB) Downloaded 520 times

NotRaulDuke

Re: My newish dolls arms both broke at the same time.

Post by NotRaulDuke »

Really sorry to hear this happened to your girl. I had the same thing happen to my SM156A, though only the left shoulder. I think they have a design flaw in the shoulder joint. That said, SM took great care of me in resolving the issue. I haven’t gotten the time to attempt a repair yet, but I will.

What did you end up doing for your girl?

nikonD
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by nikonD »

Really sorry to hear this happened to your girl. I had the same thing happen to my SM156A, though only the left shoulder. I think they have a design flaw in the shoulder joint. That said, SM took great care of me in resolving the issue. I haven’t gotten the time to attempt a repair yet, but I will.

What did you end up doing for your girl?
Nothing yet...haven't touched the doll since the arms broke. SM basically told me there was nothing I could do. I am tempted to investigate it further...I almost feel like the metal used was weak or really brittle. I literally only raised the arms up like any normal person and was always careful with it.

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bunnyboybob »

There's a section on this forum if you're having an issue with your vendor/ manufacture.

I say this as you say you're thinking of taking it further. I would too. Six months and arms mo nogone? Come on NikonD That's bad! I hope they are reading this. The management here are great. I had an issue with a vendor over a doll, and they mediated. I ended up getting a second doll of my choice from the vendor whose name I won't mention, as they made things right. I never bad mouthed them here. Just went straight to the problems with vendor section.

I do wonder if I would have been so honoured had I not had the TDF's backing.

"How to solve an issue with your seller" is the title of the section. Go read.
People ask me if I'm all right?
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

david 68
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by david 68 »

8) been hearing of this brand having frame issues ,welds breaking from the waist, now joints . using weak frames i wonder? :whistle: .............sorry to hear about your gurls arms joints . :drinking: i was looking at a few of there dolls ,nice bodies .frames? well, i'm not to sure now.

Braintown

Post by Braintown »

I had the same problem with my SM. Wrist broke within 2nd month getting snagged on a shirt while putting it on. Severely weakened left shoulder, hip, and knee. I have only been bending enough to change clothes on her. Still a lovely doll but it was crazy to see it happen. Luckily nothing has really major broken yet but I get worries about moving her.
WM172B #70 Willow viewtopic.php?f=11&t=138829
SM156c X1 Megan viewtopic.php?f=14&t=137082
Sexye 145 Ying with SE22 Elsa elf head
Elsababe Meowtastic Prim- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=141927

nikonD
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by nikonD »

Jonathan+- wrote:There's a section on this forum if you're having an issue with your vendor/ manufacture.

I say this as you say you're thinking of taking it further. I would too. Six months and arms mo nogone? Come on NikonD That's bad! I hope they are reading this. The management here are great. I had an issue with a vendor over a doll, and they mediated. I ended up getting a second doll of my choice from the vendor whose name I won't mention, as they made things right. I never bad mouthed them here. Just went straight to the problems with vendor section.

I do wonder if I would have been so honoured had I not had the TDF's backing.

"How to solve an issue with your seller" is the title of the section. Go read.
Wow I didn't even see that. I sent them an email. Maybe they can help me.

Dragonsprite
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Dragonsprite »

That really sucks and sorry that happened to ya. I am in getting ready to have to do an ankle repair on a cloudclimax Neytiri I got in 2019 that broke in one month! I have been procrastinating because it feels like I have to perform surgery but the tutorials here help immensely. Best of luck!

INFORMATIONS