www.the-doll-house.com

FedEx now have dolls on a prohibited items list for the UK

The-Doll-House is a UK retailer of Premium quality, photorealistic, kinaesthetically convincing, high-end, luxury Silicone and TPE Sex/Love dolls, delivered to all Continents. All responsibility for EU Import Duty and Customs & Excise costs are assumed by The-Doll-House. No hidden costs incurred with purchases from The-Doll-House. Some of the best UK Sex Doll prices can be found at The-Doll-House. We are waiting for you!
Hunt the Shunt
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: FedEx now have dolls on a prohibited items list for the UK

Post by Hunt the Shunt »

I agree with Arthur1960. I've bought loads of dolls from China in the last 1.5 years (a stupid number really, definitely double figures) and haven't had much of a problem.

I did get one doll seized though - viewtopic.php?t=148170 - but I'm pretty sure it was an issue of vendor and manufacturer inexperience. They used FedEx! And I agree with what chippyminton said above about FedEx prohibiting dolls because of some religious reason, which I think is fair enough.

Now, if I'd used Phil of The-Doll-House I would certainly have got the lovely smiling Aragaki Nagasawa.

I've used Phil a number of times, but I didn't realize he could get Elsa Babe. Phil can get pretty much anything if you ask him, doesn't matter than it's not on his website. Phil's a top guy!

Use a good vendor. Ship to the vendors facility (which you can do with Phil) and you can't go wrong.
:glou:
HtS

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Hunt the Shunt wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:28 am I agree with Arthur1960. I've bought loads of dolls from China in the last 1.5 years (a stupid number really, definitely double figures) and haven't had much of a problem.

I did get one doll seized though - viewtopic.php?t=148170 - but I'm pretty sure it was an issue of vendor and manufacturer inexperience. They used FedEx! And I agree with what chippyminton said above about FedEx prohibiting dolls because of some religious reason, which I think is fair enough.

Now, if I'd used Phil of The-Doll-House I would certainly have got the lovely smiling Aragaki Nagasawa.

I've used Phil a number of times, but I didn't realize he could get Elsa Babe. Phil can get pretty much anything if you ask him, doesn't matter than it's not on his website. Phil's a top guy!

Use a good vendor. Ship to the vendors facility (which you can do with Phil) and you can't go wrong.
:glou:
HtS
That's why I chose Phil. His rep is pretty high.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

chippyminton

Post by chippyminton »

Arthur1960 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:06 am I gotta say I don't really understand these alarmist posts about dolls in the UK. I've been collecting them for several years now and I live in Suffolk, which the last time I checked, is in the UK. I have never, ever experienced any issues getting my dolls and I have ordered through most of the established vendors here, had them shipped directly from China by manufacturers as well as getting a few from fellow doll collectors and I now have 30 dolls. I don't hide the fact at all and have done a fair bit of media stuff so if there was ever going to be an issue with any of my dolls the authorities would know where to find me. As far as the feminist movement goes, well surely it was a natural response to the past where women were often treated as second class citizens instead of our equals. Sure there are a few in the media that take a swipe at dolls, well here in the UK it's mostly one in particular but it's also been another woman here that's been her most vocal critic actually writing a book and producing papers in support of the positive aspects of doll ownership so please, let's have less of the female bashing nonsense that occasionally rears its ugly head on this forum. Dolls are happily here in the UK and they are not going anywhere! 😁
The voice of reason ^^^^^^^^^^

Have a quick look at the post I just made in the 'TPE vs. Airbabe' thread. It contains clear and factual information issued to Border Control by the Home Office.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

chippyminton wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:12 pm
Arthur1960 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:06 am I gotta say I don't really understand these alarmist posts about dolls in the UK. I've been collecting them for several years now and I live in Suffolk, which the last time I checked, is in the UK. I have never, ever experienced any issues getting my dolls and I have ordered through most of the established vendors here, had them shipped directly from China by manufacturers as well as getting a few from fellow doll collectors and I now have 30 dolls. I don't hide the fact at all and have done a fair bit of media stuff so if there was ever going to be an issue with any of my dolls the authorities would know where to find me. As far as the feminist movement goes, well surely it was a natural response to the past where women were often treated as second class citizens instead of our equals. Sure there are a few in the media that take a swipe at dolls, well here in the UK it's mostly one in particular but it's also been another woman here that's been her most vocal critic actually writing a book and producing papers in support of the positive aspects of doll ownership so please, let's have less of the female bashing nonsense that occasionally rears its ugly head on this forum. Dolls are happily here in the UK and they are not going anywhere! 😁
The voice of reason ^^^^^^^^^^

Have a quick look at the post I just made in the 'TPE vs. Airbabe' thread. It contains clear and factual information issued to Border Control by the Home Office.
Ah, thanks that's a handy bit of info, I didn't know about there being a chart used but that certainly explains why a few years back all recommend UK vendors had 148cm as a minimum height but later nudged it up to 150cm. As you say, it does make things crystal clear and for those looking for lighter dolls we now have a wealth of choice in the 150cm to 160cm range!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

At least those in the UK have something specific as a guide :glou:

INFORMATIONS