betterlovedoll.com

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
deafleopard
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by deafleopard »

How do I get a Avatar from my computer to my Account as my Avatar
Sincerely,
Deafleopard

You don't stop playing with dolls because you grow old. You grow old because you stop playing with dolls.

Stef
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Stef »

>"your account"> "your info" > click on "Upload through forum profile"

"Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 120 pixels, the height no greater than 120 pixels, and the file size no more than 14.65 Kb."

deafleopard
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by deafleopard »

Stef wrote:>"your account"> "your info" > click on "Upload through forum profile"

"Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 120 pixels, the height no greater than 120 pixels, and the file size no more than 14.65 Kb."

Yes I know this but it will not upload the photo I wont do you know how to fix this
Sincerely,
Deafleopard

You don't stop playing with dolls because you grow old. You grow old because you stop playing with dolls.

mokoloco

Post by mokoloco »

Kind of a related question...and maybe a dumb one...forgive me I am a newer memeber! How do I get a jpg from my hard drive posted into a reply Forum thread? Thx

Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sabrina »

mokoloco wrote:Kind of a related question...and maybe a dumb one...forgive me I am a newer memeber! How do I get a jpg from my hard drive posted into a reply Forum thread? Thx
Best is to NOT post a pic. Only a link. Upload to your gallery and link to your pic in gallery.
See My Dolls <a href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10403"> Here</a>

Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sabrina »

deafleopard wrote:
Stef wrote:>"your account"> "your info" > click on "Upload through forum profile"

Yes I know this but it will not upload the photo I wont do you know how to fix this
The only problem I had with uploads is the size of pic. Didnt you got a message that pic was too big?
See My Dolls <a href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10403"> Here</a>

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

Strange !! If the picture is within the allowed width, height and file size, I can't see what the problem is. Maybe the type of picture, what's the extension of the file ? Anyhow this should work for all normal files like .jpg or .gif
Sabrina wrote:Didnt you got a message that pic was too big?
just tried myself, I get this message :
"The avatar image file size must be less than 15 KB"
mokoloco wrote:How do I get a jpg from my hard drive posted into a reply Forum thread?
1) upload the picture to our server : main menu on the left of the index site --> member gallery --> my gallery --> upload picture --- or if you have several pictures of a doll to share, create a doll album : main menu --> doll album registration
2) get the URL of the uploaded picture : right-click on the picture, somewhere in the menu you can see information about the file, among other things the URL (not sure about the option name in the menu, I use a german browser )
3) post the picture : start a thread or reply, above the text box it says [img]and%20-%20first%20click%20there%20is%20[IMG]% ... s[/img] or - insert the picture URL between [img]and[/img] to add the picture, or insert the URL of the album between and to add a link to the picture

you can also use hotmail programming or do more complicated things like picture links, for those things see my post here :
http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... 1bf6bd08c4

INFORMATIONS