Starpery.com

breathing doll looks and sound !!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

breathing doll looks and sound !!

Post by timetraveler1 »

i saw where someone else had made a breathing sounding doll, well i saw something the other day in a store that i thought could be used runs on batteries , its actually a little dog laying in a basket and sounds like he is snoring (sleeping) not real loud but just to where you could here it , it also actually had some motor inside that i presume turns a cog and lever , rod , etc. and pushes slowly up and down and looks like he is breathing air inside and breathing out (the body lung area moves in and out ) something like this could be used in a doll . very easily . even though it may sound funny something like this would also add to the realism of a doll being a person and even hearing a gental snoring beside you would i imagine even help some to sleep better at nights rather than being alone , would add to the realism . :D 8) below is a link to a doll (ernie) that is kind of what i am talking about , that stomach moves in and out while breathing and snores. http://www.epier.com/searchnew.asp?a=n&q=clothes
the other what i actually saw was a gog and snored and breathed in and out on its body .

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Timetraveler,

I think it does, I remember Creator has created some dolls with "breathing lungs". Its not a 100% inert being any longer if she makes that breathing movements.

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

hello mytime , in your reply above , please explain : Its not a 100% inert being any longer if she makes that breathing movements.

i do not understand the meaning of this sentence you wrote , please explain unless you mean that it doesnt matter if she has movement too of the breathing sounds .

xxxtoytech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by xxxtoytech »

Realistic breathing in a life-size doll is a difficult thing to accomplish; the Meti-man human patient simulator can simulate different types of breathing but costs around $80,000! It also has a 5cm diameter cable coming out of the back carrying compressed air, electrical and fluid lines. So far it is the best patient simulator around.

The chest does not just move up and down but actually changes shape in cross-section as we breath. Also, the power involved in producing the motion can be considerable.

xxxtoytech

Tbuilder
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Tbuilder »

you could use an mp3 player and record the sound of breathing..repeat.

xxx is correct that actual "breathing" i.e. inhaling, exhaling, would take lots of power to expand and contract the chest. power=high cost

current project loading linux and a chatterbot onto a usb flash drive.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

breathing doll

Post by timetraveler1 »

actually Tbuilder , depending on the doll (say a stuffed latex doll , a motor with a crank type arm leading to an area that would push in and out in the chest area would and could be made without to much trouble , power as you say could be an obstickle batteries would probably run down faster (of course having an easy acesss door to change rechargable batteries would be a plus , also a small low voltage optional plug in jack could be used to perhapes run through the foot or back of the head ?? anything can be as hard or easy as you design it . of course sometimes problems will present other problems such as care in laying weight on top a doll with a breathing look capability like this so as to not damage the breathing aperatis , what are you willing to give up for the doll to have the apperence of breathing ?? :D

Tbuilder
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Tbuilder »

I can see how the mechanics of the system can be worked out, in a lightweight doll but what are we really gaining? vibrations from the motor?

actually just had a crazy idea...build the whole room around the doll..so the pumps could be , say, in the closet, the air lines up the headboard.. LOL..
computer control in the dresser drawer.
then move on to mechanics of the doll..actuators in the bed frame under the bed whatever..that when you attach her legs to the controls allows for motion ...

ok,, I digress...with the motor in the doll you may get the sensation your looking for but you'll also get vibrations from the motor..not necessarily a bad thing if the motor is pulsed to emulate a heartbeat..

current project linux and chatterbot on a usb stick...sex on a stick LOL

xxxtoytech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: breathing doll

Post by xxxtoytech »

Hi Timetraveler,
timetraveler1 wrote:actually Tbuilder , depending on the doll (say a stuffed latex doll , a motor with a crank type arm leading to an area that would push in and out in the chest area would and could be made without to much trouble , power as you say could be an obstickle batteries would probably run down
The problem with using a simple crank system is that the force varies by the angle of the motor's shaft; see this article on torque. This can cause effects like stalling and also involves complex gearing to fix. With a powerful enough motor to work the chest you'll also have cooling problems (the more powerful the motor the greater the heat generated). As in all engineering problems, the devil is in the details.

As Tbuilder states using compressed air to supply power for the breathing is one idea. Air operated equipment does tend to be noisy and the equipment is bulky (high pressure tanks or air compressor).

BTW there is a breathing wax replicas of Britney Spears in New York.

xxxtoytech

INFORMATIONS