Starpery.com

Another person seeking info on hand repair

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Another person seeking info on hand repair

Post by Bunnyboybob »

Man I feel for you. All that hard work. I'll have to admit that I'm happy I just made a good job of removing the wires and sealing my first doll's hands up.
They look like new now. She can do so many relaxed poses lying down. She can even appear to hold things in the horizontal position. Perhaps you should just clean her up and seal up the slit for now. See what fun she can still be without wires, until someone comes up with a proper fix. I've seen so many guys try like you have. Is why I've done away with them. Sex is so much more fun without pokes. Even posable standing in many positions which would break wired fingers. Some guys even ask doll makers to remove the wires completely before shipping the doll. I Saw the warehouse video where this was being done, and I copied the removal method. Left with ten tiny pin holes that were easy to seal up with a drop of tpe solvent on a cocktail stick. Or can be hot knifed, with a small electrical flat ended screwdriver. You've done a neat job with the wrist cut. Easy to seal up. Try it.
People ask me if I'm all right?
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

DrDemento789
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DrDemento789 »

Great minds think alike those are the exact size that I got for my wires! Got a bunch of green and black along with the 18 gauge craft wire and the E6000. The plan is to double the wire so that it's strong enough to hold up the hand and then glue the end into the coil again this time it should be smaller so more glue should be able to adhere. Then I'm debating on either waiting 24 hours for it to harden or right away put the heat shrink on what do you think?

With the industrial strength glue and the heat shrink I have a strong feeling it won't come loose this time. Really thinking it would be easier to put the wires in first before gluing but then I'd be unsure how to get the heat shrink on afterwards without melting the tpe.
Attachments
Materials
Materials
20210811_124900.jpg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 397 times
My little women sure do like to dress up!
Erica
Sarah
Elizabeth
Wendy
Serenity
My Girls Instagram!

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

I'm not sure that you would need the glue to bond the wires into the springs. that little test I did was without any adhesive. My trusty dial caliper measures my old wire at 0.049", so a tad over 18swg. The hole in the spring is 0.055" so I had a 6 thou gap.
If you do bond them in, I think that I would apply the heat shrink straight away as it would help the joint to set without moving. so you could glue it and forget it.
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

DrDemento789
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DrDemento789 »

Okay cool I'll start it today. Since I already got the glue I might as well use it and then use the heat shrink right after it. I'll post the results hope it works! Hardest part is feeding the wire back into the finger because I have to go from the wrist just hope the bond is strong enough to accomplish it this time.
Erica
Sarah
Elizabeth
Wendy
Serenity
My Girls Instagram!

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

OK. I hope it works out. Good luck.
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”

DrDemento789
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DrDemento789 »

Well so far so good the wires look like they will hold well BUT as expected the heat from the gun melted some of the base tpe so just in case I started to make a 94 primer paste to fill the gap. Will let it dry at least a couple days before trying to put the wire in and should be enough time for the paste to mix.

And yes I will test the tpe paste on the shrink wrap if it doesn't melt I should be good to just full the gap!
Attachments
Fitted and trimmed
Fitted and trimmed
20210811_233321.jpg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 372 times
Base wrapped
Base wrapped
20210812_001257.jpg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 372 times
Complete!
Complete!
20210812_003317.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 372 times
Damn melted
Damn melted
20210812_003333.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 372 times
Erica
Sarah
Elizabeth
Wendy
Serenity
My Girls Instagram!

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

:thumbs_up: It's looking good, :) those looped ends are going to be real good protection against finger pokes too!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Shrink wrap is made from Polyolefins and are typically dissolved in high-boiling solvents, such as 1,2,4-trichlorobenzene (TCB), 1,2-dichlorobenzene (ODCB) or decahydronaphthalene (decalin), at temperatures from 130 – 160 °C.

The 3M 94 paste does contain Chlorinated Polyolefin but once the volatiles have evaporated should be ok.
Sensible to test though :)

DrDemento789
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DrDemento789 »

Tyr wrote::thumbs_up: It's looking good, :) those looped ends are going to be real good protection against finger pokes too!
Well thank you my good man! For giving me solid advice you've got me this far so all I have to do now is feed the wires in and hope they don't come loose from the coils but with the glue and the heat shrink shouldn't be possible.
seagull wrote:Shrink wrap is made from Polyolefins and are typically dissolved in high-boiling solvents, such as 1,2,4-trichlorobenzene (TCB), 1,2-dichlorobenzene (ODCB) or decahydronaphthalene (decalin), at temperatures from 130 – 160 °C.

The 3M 94 paste does contain Chlorinated Polyolefin but once the volatiles have evaporated should be ok.
Sensible to test though :)
Initial test looks good I coated this wrap completely in 94 pure primer and it didn't suffer any effects of melting left overnight. Just need to feed the wires in and glue it shut and this repair should be good!
Attachments
Coated wrap
Coated wrap
20210812_070633.jpg (1.49 MiB) Viewed 348 times
Erica
Sarah
Elizabeth
Wendy
Serenity
My Girls Instagram!

DrDemento789
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DrDemento789 »

Finally finished! Got the wires in with only some slight visibility of the heat shrink on the pinky and fed the wires in with water based lube as instructed. Cleaned the hole with rubbing alcohol and then pasted shut.

I would like to thank everybody for helping me along the way and it should be dry within a few days. Once dried she'll get a bath and then be put back in the rotation! Awesome!
Attachments
Good bend
Good bend
20210813_234207.jpg (2.61 MiB) Viewed 331 times
Works good!
Works good!
20210813_234216.jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 331 times
Not bad!
Not bad!
20210813_234514.jpg (2.8 MiB) Viewed 331 times
Prepping for paste
Prepping for paste
20210813_235957.jpg (2.77 MiB) Viewed 331 times
Pasted!
Pasted!
20210814_005737.jpg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 331 times
Erica
Sarah
Elizabeth
Wendy
Serenity
My Girls Instagram!

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

That looks like a really good job! Well done. I bet she's really happy with her new fingers! :thumbs_up: :D

DrDemento789
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DrDemento789 »

Thanks Tyr! I am far from an expert was sad when the first wires failed but good advise on the heat shrink with the glue the wires should not come out anytime soon!

Hope I don't have to do it again soon but have enough materials to do another hand or two.
Erica
Sarah
Elizabeth
Wendy
Serenity
My Girls Instagram!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Yay!
The relatively small Pinky was always going to be difficult but still an awesome repair :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

DrDemento789
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DrDemento789 »

seagull wrote:Yay!
The relatively small Pinky was always going to be difficult but still an awesome repair :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Thanks seagull and as always 94 primer paste comes in clutch because I definitely made a bigger hole than I thought I did haha!
Erica
Sarah
Elizabeth
Wendy
Serenity
My Girls Instagram!

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bunnyboybob »

Hurray. I feel for you in a good way now man. Well done Doctor. Hope it holds out. Sorry if I seemed negative in my earlier post. Just another person's perspective was all.
People ask me if I'm all right?
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

INFORMATIONS