SexDollAmerica.com

My Hedy 171C is here!

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Aeron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: My Hedy 171C is here!

Post by Aeron »

Thanks for the review. The amount of damage your doll sustained over a matter of days is concerning for long term durability of silicon Starpery dolls... I'd be curious if they've made improvments since June on capping the finger bones to avoid cutting through the silicon.

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

Aeron wrote:Thanks for the review. The amount of damage your doll sustained over a matter of days is concerning for long term durability of silicon Starpery dolls... I'd be curious if they've made improvments since June on capping the finger bones to avoid cutting through the silicon.
Thanks, Aeron.

Yes, the silicone is quite soft out of necessity. Starpery has begun capping the finger bones, but the rest of the hand skeleton needs similar treatment. An updated design using round tubes or rods (like some other manufacturers) would be better.

GomesAddams15
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by GomesAddams15 »

This is very nice. Thank you for sharing.

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

GomesAddams15 wrote:This is very nice. Thank you for sharing.
You are welcome. If you have any questions of me regarding my own personal experience, don't hesitate to ask!

Herofire
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Herofire »

Hi sirdave! I can't thank you enough for your honest review. This alone sheds so much light! Thank you. I'm so sad to hear how it ended, but I wish you the best in your next adventures. I am a total noob to the world of dolls and I'm about to make the dive into a Starpery as my very first doll.

I've got my eyes on Kelly, 156cm. If you don't mind me asking, would you have gone with a TPE body instead? How were the gel breast? My fear is of them exploding (during shipment). As a noob, not even sure what would be the best remedies for this. I wanted to also opt for the articulated hands, but I don't fully trust my doctor degree from hard knocks. I've read that doll hands are by far the easiest to damage even when being very cautious and careful. I'm contemplating if the upgrade is even worth it now?

Finally do you have any tips, what to look for, things you should've asked Starpery/Vendor? Things to avoid...red flags...pitfalls? Once again, thank you.

Ps. I'm also opting for the soft head for oral reasons. Thank you sooooo much for your review and images.

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

Herofire wrote:Hi sirdave! I can't thank you enough for your honest review. This alone sheds so much light! Thank you. I'm so sad to hear how it ended, but I wish you the best in your next adventures. I am a total noob to the world of dolls and I'm about to make the dive into a Starpery as my very first doll.

I've got my eyes on Kelly, 156cm. If you don't mind me asking, would you have gone with a TPE body instead? How were the gel breast? My fear is of them exploding (during shipment). As a noob, not even sure what would be the best remedies for this. I wanted to also opt for the articulated hands, but I don't fully trust my doctor degree from hard knocks. I've read that doll hands are by far the easiest to damage even when being very cautious and careful. I'm contemplating if the upgrade is even worth it now?

Finally do you have any tips, what to look for, things you should've asked Starpery/Vendor? Things to avoid...red flags...pitfalls? Once again, thank you.

Ps. I'm also opting for the soft head for oral reasons. Thank you sooooo much for your review and images.
Hello, Herofire.

I was unfamiliar with TPE until my WM 156 arrived. It seemed a bit more lifelike to me, but this doll does not have the foam core for weight reduction. TPE requires maintenance as well. The gel breasts on my Hedy were quite firm.

Starpery supposedly has addressed the poke thru issues with the articulated fingers since my purchase. I would inquire further regarding this feature, it is worth it for the realism.

Herofire
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Herofire »

Hey sirdave62 thanks so much for your response, so my 156cm Starperry Kelly finally came in and she's amazing. The Articulated Fingers are amazing! Feels like she's holding your hand back when your holding her hands. I'm trying to post my review but it seems I hit the image cap at 10? And now I can't even find it, I'll have to put it together again. But I also got the weight reduction for mine and it took it down to 78.6lb from 90lbs TPE.

WeDragonTeam

Post by WeDragonTeam »

Herofire wrote:Hey sirdave62 thanks so much for your response, so my 156cm Starperry Kelly finally came in and she's amazing. The Articulated Fingers are amazing! Feels like she's holding your hand back when your holding her hands. I'm trying to post my review but it seems I hit the image cap at 10? And now I can't even find it, I'll have to put it together again. But I also got the weight reduction for mine and it took it down to 78.6lb from 90lbs TPE.
I’m just coming here from reading your review. Well, the first part of it. It’s locked. I imagine you’re in the process of sorting it out? I’m eager to read the rest. :D

Your review almost makes me think twice about not getting weight reduction...but...we’ll have two people carrying her (Mira) soo...I think it’ll be okay..... I think.

Herofire
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Herofire »

Hey WeDragonTeam, thanks for reading the review. It was longer than I expected and I hit the photo cap, so I decided to break it up into two parts, but yeah for now it's locked so I'm not sure what to do. I've gone and emailed support hoping that they can unlock it or help me figure out what to do next. Overall, thanks.

thunderkiss69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by thunderkiss69 »

Thank you for this review. Very helpful, as I am seeking a 156cm G Amy from Starpery.
My lovely Lucia Maria Montenari (WM 159G)
Visit the girls' Instagram page.

Stupid Positivity: Expecting people to learn new things is dangerous and oppressive.

center_doll

Post by center_doll »

It's too bad that she has defects. I guess is the packaging and handling problem.
Hi, we are [Sex Doll DCenter].
We are committed to providing exquisite selected dolls, you will served well before and after your shoppping.

silicon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by silicon »

Sirdave62, sorry to hear your problems sounds like mr Starpery ,i forget his first name, is hiding in the shadows as he has not passed coment on your problems he once said my photos were simple but nice maybe so are his dolls. As for the finger pokes it an old problem they use wire that is to stiff,only XYdoll have the sence to use a thinner wire in the fingers,anyway she looks very sexy hope your repairs go well..
Attachments
article.jpg
article.jpg (92.58 KiB) Viewed 1785 times

mr_snaphappy
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by mr_snaphappy »

I went with the A cup and fair skin as photographed on the Starpery site and have found the body quality to be exceptional. I have posed my doll for countless photoshoots, see them at Instagram @hedystarpery ,and the only issue that I have had so far is how easily she marks. I would advise keeping your doll in a neutral position overnight to reduce risks of creases.

rnor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by rnor »

171C does look really nice!

mor
- amor -

SSGT3579
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SSGT3579 »

Congrats! I also have a Hedy with both 171A and 174C bodies... looking at the soft head, may be my next purchase to mix things up a bit. Unfortunately, Starpery lately has indeed had lots of QA issues that put me on the fence on buying again. 3-4 little things on each of my dolls that should never have left the factory with. Had one body bad enough it needed to be replaced by the reseller, silicone lovers, who absolutely backed their guarantee. Starpery apparently was silent or unhelpful on the issues. Just purchased some TPE glue to fix the issues with the replacement body. Guess it's going to be a shop class weekend. Problem is, once the bodies are shipped to you, there really isn't much to do about it... If I do buy from Starpery again, definitely going with SL as they've proven they will follow-up.
Starpery Hedy TPE 171cm Slim A / 174cm Slim C

INFORMATIONS