betterlovedoll.com

Move posts within a thread

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Wolferich
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Move posts within a thread

Post by Wolferich »

Is there a possibility for the admins to move a post, I am currently writing, to the top of my thread?

Background is that larger threads quickly become confusing, so I would like to write a small introduction and a table of contents with links. Of course, this only makes sense if it is at the beginning.
Have a nice day or night.

Wolferich M. Mf.

Büchsenmacher MK. XI

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Re: Move posts within a thread

Post by Studio »

Please PM me the details and I'll work on it. I think technically the best thing would be just to edit your first post with new text, I'm not sure how/if posts can be moved around within a thread.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

What do you mean by 'moving'? We can move posts from one thread to another thread.
We cannot move posts within a thread as it is simply ordered by posting time.
If you know upfront that you need several posts at the top of a thread, you may post 'reserved' posts and we can assist you to edit them afterwards.

Wolferich
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Wolferich »

Thanks for your help I will come back to you soon.
I wanted to write the table of contents soon and then put it in my main thread viewtopic.php?p=1597367#p1597367 as the first post.
I think in the first post to edit is yet a bit laborious, because I then want to get the current content also in turn.
I'm thinking about a concept with a separate thread only for the table of contents with a linked note at the beginning of the main thread. Advantage would be that I could expand it myself and it would not even have to stand in the topic.

Do we have a tinker corner for such purposes?
Have a nice day or night.

Wolferich M. Mf.

Büchsenmacher MK. XI

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

Not really a dedicated area such as that but you do have 24 hours to edit your table of contents post yourself, after that a mod can help.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

If it is not daily, provide a full update of the ToC by PM to a staff member, and we are happy to edit/update your post.

All we ask is to make it easy for us, include a link to the post, include the full updated text or make very clear what should be edited.

:glou:

INFORMATIONS