Starpery.com

Help with indentations/creases from heating blanket?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
baphometric

Help with indentations/creases from heating blanket?

Post by baphometric »

Hey y'all,

I recently had a bit of an incident with my doll Mia. I had put her on the heating blanket to warm up, but my day just got away from me and I didn't get back to her until about 9 hours later. I know, obvious mistake. Now she has some pretty significant indentations in her backside.

Any tips on healing this damage? I have done some searching and I hear that TPE naturally will return to its shape in time. Will that be true even though these marks were caused by heat in addition to pressure? Is there anything I can do to help heal them faster?

Thanks everyone!
Attachments
IMG_0688 (Large).JPG
IMG_0688 (Large).JPG (205.85 KiB) Viewed 519 times
IMG_0689 (Large).JPG
IMG_0689 (Large).JPG (177.86 KiB) Viewed 519 times
IMG_0690 (Large).JPG
IMG_0690 (Large).JPG (219.95 KiB) Viewed 519 times

Peonyou101
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Help with indentations/creases from heating blanket?

Post by Peonyou101 »

Oh man... sorry Baphometric to see this happened to your Mia. This is a tough one, normally when you have smaller indents that are caused by pressure/something pressing against the doll for a period of time then the rule of thumb if it took how ever long that doll was left there to cause that indent then that how long it should take for the tpe to bounce back to its original shape if its able to do it on its own. But ya some compression marks that been left there for weeks or even a month will have a hard time bouncing back to its original shape and most likely won't. But this was caused by pressure and heat. Only thing I can say is years ago I had found a great idea to heat up one of my tpe hip toys I had before use. I had a portable heater in my bedroom and on the top of the heater it had kinda like grill lines on top. I laid a small bath towel on top of the heater and would put the hip toy on top of there upside down to heat up the ass cheeks and love holes to a nice hot temperature and then use it, would heat it for about 15mins before use. It was great being able to heat up a toy like that before use especially on cold winter nights. Well one cold winter night I got to greedy and the tpe toy paid for it. I decided I wanted to try heating up the toy even hotter before using it. I wanted the love holes to feel as hot as they could without burning my little buddy when I used it lol. So I decided to heat it up longer and also raised the temperature a tiny bit to help with the process. While it was heating up I decided to use my computer for a little bit to kill the time, well I lost track of time and ended up heating the toy for 30mins. When I went to check it and I was like oh shit... I knew instantly I over did it cause the heater had left grill lines on the ass cheeks and the toy now was super hot to the touch. The temperature got to hot so it made the grill lines in the toy, even after letting the toy cool off the grill lines never went away and I also noticed the tpe became harder and wasn't as soft and stretchy as before.

I do hope the damage on your doll does somehow bounce back on its own but just from my experience with heat that is a tough one. Touch and squeeze the tpe on her butt to see if it has become harder and less stretchy like what happened to my toy. If that heat damage on your doll was caused in 9 hours and it does not bounce back within 2 days then I don't think it ever will. The only other thing I can think of is people have said before to make dents bounce back to original shape or to help it bounce back faster is to but a hot towel over the affected area but I don't know if that will help in this case since I've never had to try it before. Goodluck with this though buddy, your Mia is a beauty so I hope she can recover from this. Hopefully if this happened to someone elses doll before then they can chime in if they were able to find a way to fix it.

baphometric

Post by baphometric »

Hey Peonyou101 thanks for the input and the condolences. Fortunately I have not felt any hardening or stiffening of the areas affected, the TPE still feels very supple. I gave her backside a good oiling and I'll keep her hanging like that for now. I may also try the hot towel idea, or some other mild heat treatment to see if it helps. I'm optimistic that given enough time she'll bounce back, but we will just have to wait and see!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Even if the massage doesn't perfectly restore her derriere, it is going to be a magic experience for your fingers :)

baphometric

Post by baphometric »

Hahah seagull yes I am enjoying the treatment a little bit - but I'd much rather be squeezing an ass without the indentations! Hope I can get her back to normal soon, or at least like 95% of the way there.

rogue2
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rogue2 »

I had something similar happen to me a while back, not a heating blanket but she layed down on a remote, the impression went away after a few days. I don’t think heating blankets get hot enough to do some damage (melting), but could be wrong. I always lay the heating blanket on top my ladies.
Irontech Miki (Nikki)
Starpery Sarah
Piper Phoebe, Ariel, Elsa

baphometric

Post by baphometric »

rogue2 that is a simple but very effective suggestion, I'll have to try that in the future. I've also heard that keeping her in a walk-in closet with a space heater is another effective way, which I'll try as well.

This happened on Saturday and the photo is from today (monday). I'm hoping in about a week she should be better, I'll just have to be patient.

So do you think I should not fuck her while she's like this? I'm not sure if I have to leave her completely alone, or if I can still use her.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Anyone who can restrain themselves from their dolls deserves a medal, but I'm a face & boobs person (mostly) :whistle:

Peonyou101
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Peonyou101 »

No problem Baphometric ^^, you can use her as is right now as much as you want, it won't make anything worse. Just make sure to hang her back up standing once your done to give the indents time to try to bounce back into the original shape. The oil massage on her butt cheeks is a good idea as well, it may help the process of it bouncing back in shape and turn you on at the same time :lol:

baphometric

Post by baphometric »

Today I started applying a hot water bottle in 20 minute shifts. Still oiling and massaging. It doesn't look like I'm making much progress, but I'll keep it up

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

There was a thread about this, with a happy ending :)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=137766

baphometric

Post by baphometric »

Yep I saw that thread - no heat involved there though. Hopefully mine will be a happy story too! But I'm not seeing much improvement yet. I may need to accept that she will be permanently deformed. At least it's only visible from behind!

MinniMagg

Post by MinniMagg »

I sleep with my girl and use a heating blanket to help warm her up some. BUT I always keep a bed-sheet on top of her body so that the blanket is not contacting her. It's set on heat setting #7 to warm her, and I turn it down to setting 5 to make it comfortable when I sleep. She's never hot enough to feel like a person, but she's not at room temperature either.

I'd use a heat gun and warm her imprinted parts up, and using a microfiber towel saturated in Baby/Mineral oil try and massage the area to see if it's natural form comes back. But you'll need to wear some gloves as the amount of heat that you put into her will be too hot for you to touch.

It takes a LOT of heat to remold TPE, as you found out. You need to get the area (Working in small sections at a time) just as warm, if not hotter.

Good luck

baphometric

Post by baphometric »

Thanks for the suggestions MinniMagg!
Do you think a hair dryer would work? I don't have a heat gun at the moment.
Keep in mind she is the "extra soft" TPE blend from XY Doll so I suspect her melting temperature is probably lower than average.

Enchanted
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Enchanted »

Man... this sucks!

I really dont know how to fix, but if need more heat, try a paint stripper heater.
The Escapades of Esmee (photo thread):
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=144390
The search and buying your first doll... ideas, tips, the frustrations and all you will go through:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=140093
Review FutureDoll 163cm:
viewtopic.php?f=584&t=144301
Stained Silicone Doll:
viewtopic.php?f=584&t=144054

INFORMATIONS