sexyrealsexdolls.com

Wig options: high end synthetics? Options?

Wigs, replacement eyebrows and eyelashes, and other hair related items.
bmar99
Active Poster
Active Poster

Wig options: high end synthetics? Options?

Post by bmar99 »

Hi, I just got a Kimberdoll. I would like a wig for her that feels better for me to touch. I am a bit sensitive to touch.

So far I have tried the wig that came with her, and a few low cost wigs.

I know how some low cost wigs feel now, and I know that the human hair ones will feel better.

1) But are there wigs that might be "in between" with respect to touch and feel?

2) If I don't see a seller pointing out the feel of a wig, should I automatically assume it will feel the same as a default Kimber (which I assume is similar to most default doll wigs)?

Thank you!

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Re: Wig options: high end synthetics? Options?

Post by Dollfriend »

All synthetic wigs I have come across pretty much feel the same to me, a sort of thin stringy plasticky feel, my guess is that a wig made of real human hair would have a more natural feel, can't really remember it's been a very long time since I felt a wig made of real hair.

bmar99
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bmar99 »

Thanks for the info.

I just found this post that goes into some options that exist, pretty happy this info is out there:
viewtopic.php?f=221&t=128624

Hitchhiker42
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hitchhiker42 »

This is one of my favorite wigs. I have it in 4 different colors. It feels nice to the touch and is very resistant to tangles. And when tangles do happen, they brush out easily. For the price, I highly recommend this wig.

The downside is that the wig cap is too big for a lot of my dolls. I had to fold the back straps in a little and sew in a seam to shorten them. The wig is a bit heavy, so a snug fit is kind of needed. Other than that, it's a great wig.
View My Doll Albums HERE

My Random Doll Nonsense HERE

bmar99
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bmar99 »

Dollfriend wrote:All synthetic wigs I have come across pretty much feel the same to me, a sort of thin stringy plasticky feel, my guess is that a wig made of real human hair would have a more natural feel, can't really remember it's been a very long time since I felt a wig made of real hair.
Thanks, this lack of a difference is exactly what I was wondering about.

bmar99
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bmar99 »

Hitchhiker42 wrote:This is one of my favorite wigs. I have it in 4 different colors. It feels nice to the touch and is very resistant to tangles. And when tangles do happen, they brush out easily. For the price, I highly recommend this wig.

The downside is that the wig cap is too big for a lot of my dolls. I had to fold the back straps in a little and sew in a seam to shorten them. The wig is a bit heavy, so a snug fit is kind of needed. Other than that, it's a great wig.
Thank you. It looks very nice. Do you think other options sold by that store (maybe shorter length, personal taste) would have the same positive qualities?

I just want to make sure: are you saying that you've touched other wigs (maybe some lower budget wigs) and this model feels different to the touch?

With the wigs I have right now, it's hard to describe. Between my thumb and finger they feel reasonable, but if the hair brushes against my arm they feel "off." A little itchy. Definitely not something I could relax with.

LOL maybe the best real human hair would feel the same way to me, it's been a while...

INFORMATIONS